• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

P5 Conference Additions/the last time they won a championship

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still hate the Rutgers and Maryland additions, I guess they were trying to capture the NE market. But is it really doing much?

Maryland is ok in basketball and sometimes at least decent in football I suppose, but Rutgers does not bring much at all to the table.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still hate the Rutgers and Maryland additions, I guess they were trying to capture the NE market. But is it really doing much?

Maryland is ok in basketball and sometimes at least decent in football I suppose, but Rutgers does not bring much at all to the table.
They make New York in market instead of out of market and the BigTen makes 2.5 times more for every cable customer in New York and New Jersey. They brought more money to the table than adding Nebraska.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you brought this up on this slow day, let's go back a little further in time.
In the B10, how far back for Nebraska?
In the SEC, how about the Hogs and the Cocks?
In the P12, how about Ariz. and Ariz.St? (this probably is a little too far back, don't won't to go back to the beginning of time!)

ASU had a split conference championship like 10 years ago. You'd have to go back to the late 90s for both ASU and Arizona to have a soley held conference championship, though both have won their division once since the addition.