• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over Under on WVU 2013

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok How many games do you think West Virginia will win this coming Football Season. Lets make the Over under 7&1/2. Do you think they will win 8 or more
games or 7 or less. This is a tough one. People are saying they will go 6&6 and go to a bowl. Others are say its going to be a nightmare. I will say we go 7 and 5 and go to a bowl. And we win our Bowl game.

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate being the pessimist; I love my team. But truth: I see 5-7. Hope I am wrong.

BayouBengal

cbssports Hokiesfan2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-7 no bowling.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things must be really bad in Blacksburg. Anyway, I am pessimistic about this season, which probably means a ten win season. WVU has always been a hard team to predict, both in entire seasons as well as individual games. I see 5 wins, but wouldn't be surprised with 9 wins. Our teams seem to read the press clippings and buy into it when they are being praises and get big headed an lose, BUT when they are picked to lose, they get pissed off and kick butt.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB position is the only one I feel uncomfortable about. But I think we win 7 games, and go to a minor bowl with a loss in the bowl game. Definately going to be an interesting season.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have questions at every position on the team except running back. Our O line is gone, our QB is gone, our receivers are gone, the defense returns a bunch of starters from the worst defense in school history. Who do you feel comfortable with at receiver, O line and the entire defense? Not being a smart ass, just curious.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the receiver corp is solid, young as they may be, good speed, good catch and good football IQ. The Oline again is young, but that be some big beef. The best I can say about the defense is that they have 13 games under their belts in a new defensive system, every one of those players are good quality, and have good football IQ. DeForest was a joke, and his removal was absolutely called for. I giving these kids the benefit of the doubt because up and down the lineup, they all were recruited for their talent within a system that was changed the spring before the season.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you aboard DAD. Ok I see things way different than you guys. We will be better than last year at QB. Geno was overated with two supper stars at WR. Tricket will be better for our team than Geno. I agree with Jim Receiver corp will be solid. Might not have two stars but good balance will form. And expect a great runniong game. Next year it will be hard for other teams to figure out how to stop us. Defense will be a lot better. Like Dad said not likly but they could surprise everybody and be really good. I know i have been called a Geno hater but Its the best thing that could happen for us is him gone. He hurt our team more than helpped it. He was all about himself and he was A wussy Cry baby

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this squad will have a 7-5 season but you will remember one name before the season is out: Kevin White......more to come on that guy.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, alas, he is gone from the team jgb, could you just drop it and talk about the current team, please. We are all acutely aware of your disgust with Geno Smith, and it is getting rather old. What QB do you think is next?

Last edited by a moderator:

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The florida State Transfer will be the QB unless one of the other two starts to shine

EERNSC

Wetzel County Proud
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a good sign that a lot of WVU fans are a bit pessimistic about the upcoming season. We all had a pretty good reality check last year going into the B12, at least I for one did. However, I will once again project 9 wins for the Mountaineers this season.
1). William and Mary. Will be tight at first but WVU will pull away for a 20 point win.

2). Georgia ST. Could be a trap game but WVU wins handily.

3). Maryland. WVU will continue the trend and take the cross state rivalry once again in a fairly close match.

4). Baylor. A surprisingly easy win here.

5). Texas Tech. Game in Morgantown this year. Will be an entirely different atmosphere and the Red Raiders go down.

6). TCU. Big payback game here and WVU returnes the favor in their house.

7). Texas. OK, they do owe us one from last year but WVU always seems to pull a big upset every year or so and this year Texas will be the victim in Morgantown.

8). Kansas. Charlie just won't have the boys up for this one. Mounties score early and often.

9). Iowa St. Last game of the season and a home game as well. WVU will go out with a flourish.

Just my humble opinion of the upcoming season. It's going to be fun no matter the true outcome.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good to me. Hope you are right. But I think our team will; be way better than last year. We were set up last year and Drank the Kool aide. But at least this year well will have a reality check.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with EERNSC on this one, but I do think TCU will be a tougher win than KState.

The biggest Q will be the OL. If they can hang, we will score points and win.

We always seem to do the best when expectations are low.

EERNSC

Wetzel County Proud
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with EERNSC on this one, but I do think TCU will be a tougher win than KState.

The biggest Q will be the OL. If they can hang, we will score points and win.

We always seem to do the best when expectations are low.

Well, I wasn't really counting K St. as win. I am projecting a victory over Kansas. But hey, I'll be happy with a total sweep of the state as well.

eerfan1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok How many games do you think West Virginia will win this coming Football Season. Lets make the Over under 7&1/2. Do you think they will win 8 or more
games or 7 or less. This is a tough one. People are saying they will go 6&6 and go to a bowl. Others are say its going to be a nightmare. I will say we go 7 and 5 and go to a bowl. And we win our Bowl game.

I agree on the 7 and 5. With luck we could go 9-3, but that would depend on Baylor, TT and K-state,

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-5 with surprise wins and L's.

BXIIeer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7-5 at the worst............I think 8-4 with a bowl win to follow.

Damn the kool aid tastes good! :hope:

Lets Goooooo!!!!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe our OLine will be BETTER than last year. We are most definitely bigger than we have been and also higher rated as far as recruiting stars out of HS since Dandy Don's days. That to me will mean physical Oline play, a good running game (finally), and a return to at least a taste of Old school Mountaineer football until the qb develops. If that is indeed what happens and we do it well especially in the first 3-4 games to go along with better defensive/special teams play then I see a good year for us. Toughest games for us imo are gonna be OU,OSU,Baylor,TCU, and Texas. Maryland is a mystery to me as far as what to expect but until I see them play Im gonna chalk them up as a win.

We were 4 points away from 9 wins last year and that's with the worst defense in school history, terrific qb's in conference (that are gone), no run game to speak of, and a punter that most of our fans could out kick on several occasions. With all apologies to our big 3 last year imo we have a good chance at being a better TEAM this year, a more complete team and I think 9-10 wins are doable but this is the B12, there are several teams in this conference that can say the very same thing or better. I say 7/8 wins is about right but honestly wouldn't be shocked to see anywhere from 5/6 wins to an undefeated season, just too many questions for everyone in the conference this year.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I wasn't really counting K St. as win. I am projecting a victory over Kansas. But hey, I'll be happy with a total sweep of the state as well.

I would say we lose to TCU but beat Kansas State with all else the same