• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our draft needs by position

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see us taking a WR in the first four rounds unless one or two things transpire. #1, if Meredith signs elsewhere and/or #2, if some highly rated receiver somehow falls to us in either of the two 4th rounders. Supposedly the "insiders" say that unless Meredith receives some ridiculous offer too crazy to match, Pace will likely resign him. And I doubt some highly rated WR that was predicted to go in the first couple of rounds would still be on the board when we select in the 4th. So I guess I'm saying no to WR, at least with our first 4 picks. I'd like to first see us strengthen and deepen our OL and DL/LB positions in particular.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but who exactly were the FOUR quality starting WRs in KC?

If we count TE, we have Kelcey, T Hill.... ? ...... ? ......
In terms of efficiency they had 4 (counting Kelce) until Conley blew out his achilles if we go by DVOA. Wouldn't take this totally literal, but it's interesting to consider as it does tell you how successful their targets are.

Hill 7th (23.5%)
Wilson 8th (21.3%)
Conley DNQ (27.1%; would rank 4th)

That would be their ranks in the league.

In reality Wilson is more like a super WR3 like say Amendola would be or I dare say Jarvis Landry. It's hard to tease out what is Andy Reid, what is Alex Smith, and what is just the WR. Efficiency wise the numbers are pretty suggestive. Conley was maaaaybe weighed down by Smith's risk averse playstyle and maybe wasn't. Was progressing as a player but it was always unclear how valuable he was. Was a combine freak but wasn't agile so his routes are more muscle and rounding than pinpoint cuts like the other 3 guys mentioned. Efficiency wise he looks good but his targetshare sucked. Can't imagine it gets much better off an achilles and Watkins vulturing the X, but Conley is a legit NFL WR that much I am sure of.

Take it for what it's worth from my transplant butt. It was definitely a real life WR corp. Didn't have two #1's, but there were no abject bums in there before injuries set in; Robinson by PFF grade what have been the Bills #1 WR last year for shits and giggles.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with Meredith no longer in the picture, I'll probably look at a WR option for one of our two 4th rounders. This sucks.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with Meredith no longer in the picture, I'll probably look at a WR option for one of our two 4th rounders. This sucks.

Yeah, round 4 is what I think as well. Round 2 wouldn't shock me if someone like Kirk or Sutton falls.