• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our $259,000,000..... Offensive Line

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T.Smith is the biggest question mark on this team, IMO. How often is the back issue going to flair up this year? Is there anything that can be done at this point to mitigate the issue, or is he just going to be a roll of the dice going forward? It seems to me that Smith and Dallas are adamant about not wanting/requiring back surgery - but they also said this last year, and even the year before that. Back surgery is of course the last option, but I'm concerned that it is ultimately in his future. And who knows what kind of player Smith would be in that hypothetical situation?

I hope Flemming works out because I believe he will see a few starts this year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with all of that, I mean I think everyone does...but not that the whole season hinges on them. I'm not confident Smith will be healthy but think we can be ok anyway
I'm banking on Smith being healthy. If I see Chaz on the field for a game I'm gonna puke.
The way I see it. If either line, especially OL, falters its gonna be a long season.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm banking on Smith being healthy. If I see Chaz on the field for a game I'm gonna puke.
The way I see it. If either line, especially OL, falters its gonna be a long season.
I am not as confident as everyone else about our D-Line. I think they will be about midpack personally. Was really hoping to land a bad ass DT this offseason/draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hope: He is just incredible so I'm hoping too. I don't think you have to worry about Green playing though unless we have a few injuries at the same time. My guess is he doesn't even make the 53

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not as confident as everyone else about our D-Line. I think they will be about midpack personally. Was really hoping to land a bad ass DT this offseason/draft.
I'd say that's about accurate. Lawrence and Irving are as good as what the top teams have, but after that we have some solid but not spectacular guys. I like Collins a lot but with the injury last year he was average at best and he is starting this year injured already. I think if he is healthy he will be a 3rd very good player. With Irving out early on we may struggle to rush the passer and/or be disruptive.

I assume nothing from Gregory until I see it on the field and Taco needs to take a step forward before I assume he is a force. I like a lot of the other guys in camp and think they all rotate and contribute, but I think they will be mostly role players. I think what people are high on is more the fact that we are better than we were and that we are young and have potential to get much better. I don't think most expect us to be a top DL in the league. But, if Taco or Gregory or one of those unexpected guys (Crawford, Ealy, Price, Ward, Tapper, Ash, Jones) does step forward and have a big year due to health, change of scenery or just growth or opportunity we could be very good.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is definitely the wildcard but if all of it clicks it could be really good. The secondary to me is the biggest x-factor. We used a lot of picks, there's a lot of potential, new coach, if they live up to their capabilities that unit could become a weapon.

Linebackers, if Lee stays relatively healthy, if Jaylon Smith progresses, if LVE lives up to his first round billing, that is as good a linebacking corps as any.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense is definitely the wildcard but if all of it clicks it could be really good. The secondary to me is the biggest x-factor. We used a lot of picks, there's a lot of potential, new coach, if they live up to their capabilities that unit could become a weapon.

Linebackers, if Lee stays relatively healthy, if Jaylon Smith progresses, if LVE lives up to his first round billing, that is as good a linebacking corps as any.

We seemed to do OK with the run stoppage but I am fairly certain that we are going to be facing some better runners in our division this year. Can the addition of LVE and the extra year for JS be the difference? We got better as the year progressed but that just meant we were more full strength and we are not going to start out that way (again).

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seemed to do OK with the run stoppage but I am fairly certain that we are going to be facing some better runners in our division this year. Can the addition of LVE and the extra year for JS be the difference? We got better as the year progressed but that just meant we were more full strength and we are not going to start out that way (again).
we only did good with run stoppage when Lee is in the game really.