• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our $259,000,000..... Offensive Line

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DALLAS Oline, is occupying a lot of the COWBOY'S resources.
And what is the key, to the COWBOY'S offensive success????

...Running the ball???........NO

Probably passing the ball.

Opponents' defenses, will dare the COWBOYS, to throw the ball. (8 men in the box)

Play action passes, should work, all year long.
And deep passes should work, because of a lot of single coverage.

And Zeke should have a great year as a receiver, and a rusher.

The COWBOY'S offense, may change it's M.O., from being a dink and dunk passing attack, to a long throwing air force.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I disagree that the key won't be running the ball, because I think it will be, I agree with everything else. We will run the ball and we will force teams to go 8 and even 9 in the box. If we can throw some deeper passes now that we have speed on the field we could cash in on some big plays and the PAP should be our bread and butter. This is another case where "losing" Dez will IMO make us a better team because we will have a lot more speed on the field to beat one on one coverage. The other thing that should work is crossing patterns. When the LBs and Safeties are up and leaning forward at the snap it makes it tougher to locate and disrupt plays across the field into their area.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be a very opportunistic offense, obviously predicated on the run. Sure, the Cowboys will take a few shots here and there on play action, but even with quality play action, I don't see this team going deep very often. Who are the deep threats? A lot of the new faces at WR brought in this year have largely proven nothing outside of Hurns, Williams, and Beasely - forgetting the fact that a lot of the new speedy WRs on the roster aren't likely to make it out of camp to begin with.

IMO this offense is going to be a methodical "grind you to death" type unit. Linehan offenses are consistently in the top 3-5 in Time of Possession year in year out -- he likes to grind it out provided the right personnel -- with good health I very much expect to see a repeat of 2016 on offense.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be a very opportunistic offense, obviously predicated on the run. Sure, the Cowboys will take a few shots here and there on play action, but even with quality play action, I don't see this team going deep very often. Who are the deep threats? A lot of the new faces at WR brought in this year have largely proven nothing outside of Hurns, Williams, and Beasely - forgetting the fact that a lot of the new speedy WRs on the roster aren't likely to make it out of camp to begin with.

IMO this offense is going to be a methodical "grind you to death" type unit. Linehan offenses are consistently in the top 3-5 in Time of Possession year in year out -- he likes to grind it out provided the right personnel -- with good health I very much expect to see a repeat of 2016 on offense.

With our line, getting 8-9 in the box does not scare me too much at all. If Rico can become a true H-back (and learn how to pick up blocking assignments) Zeke could run wild.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our line, getting 8-9 in the box does not scare me too much at all. If Rico can become a true H-back (and learn how to pick up blocking assignments) Zeke could run wild.
I think we are all hoping that Rico progresses as a Football player enough to make the team and get some snaps in each week and maybe ultimately progress to where he plays near FT, but I would be shocked if he ever gets to the point where he is playing as an HB regularly. That is as much a FB role as a TE. I don't see that ever happening and it just doesn't appear to be how he would help this team. But, who knows.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are all hoping that Rico progresses as a Football player enough to make the team and get some snaps in each week and maybe ultimately progress to where he plays near FT, but I would be shocked if he ever gets to the point where he is playing as an HB regularly. That is as much a FB role as a TE. I don't see that ever happening and it just doesn't appear to be how he would help this team. But, who knows.

H-Back ain't no joke but he has the attributes to slow down a LB or a DE. Size alone does that. I maybe dreaming about him though.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to have a losing season when you have a great OLine. I'd rather spend the money there than WR. I think our DLine will be pretty highly paid going forward, it's getting STACKED. Gonna be a great season

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to the fan this morning and the boys said Deonte Thompson wouldn't make the team. I love it when I have a much different opinion than these guys cause I not only expect him to make the team, I expect him to be a big play wide receiver for this team by mid season.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to the fan this morning and the boys said Deonte Thompson wouldn't make the team. I love it when I have a much different opinion than these guys cause I not only expect him to make the team, I expect him to be a big play wide receiver for this team by mid season.
The Cowboys WR's are gonna be the surprise of the league IMO. They have 8 guys that I believe can play in the League. It's gonna be a heck of a competition. I think TWill and Thompson don't make it, and the Cowboys go with Gallup, Hurns, Beasley, Wilson, Brown and Lenoir

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys WR's are gonna be the surprise of the league IMO. They have 8 guys that I believe can play in the League. It's gonna be a heck of a competition. I think TWill and Thompson don't make it, and the Cowboys go with Gallup, Hurns, Beasley, Wilson, Brown and Lenoir
it will be an interesting battle to say the least.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gallup will establish himself as Daks go to guy during the second half of the season. Cowboys stole him.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that Rico is either traded for a box of twinkies or is released

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope twill is released. I hope Thompson earns himself a roster spot as we need a burner

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Issue with T Will is the guaranteed salary and the dead money. He costs us more to cut. I think he gets one more year, but I don't know that it will be due to being one of the best guys or not. He is a good blocker, so that should help the Offense and unlike last year I feel the best guys will get the most snaps. So we may see the depth chart juggled throughout the year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, I just can't even guess right now how many or who. My half-assed attempt: The locks (well as close as can be) are Gallup, Austin (he is more WR than RB IMO), Hurns and Beasley.

The other guys are all question marks. T Will's contract, experience and blocking probably gets him on the team, so that's 5. Wilson, Brown, Lenoir, Thompson are all about even with each other and probably fighting for 2 spots. Brown has the benefit of size, Lenoir seems like a Garrett guy who has been around, Thompson has the speed that can help this team and Wilson is IMO the best of the bunch, but maybe not yet and maybe the team feels they can stash him on the PS. I just can't even guess between those 4 and there is still a possibility of one of the other unnamed guys in camp or someone currently on another teams roster making it. One thing I do know and that is that I think they go deep at WR. maybe 7???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another huge thing will be STs. If you are a borderline guy you better play STs or you'll likely end up on the wrong side on cut day:2cents:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole season hinges on the OL.
Not me. Strength for sure, but I wouldn't go that far. Sure if they all suck like any team they will struggle, but the OL can have a down year and the team can still do well if other things work out. IMO as Dak goes this team goes and of course the OL and Zeke make that easier. Lee's health and T Smiths health and young secondary coming along all big. WRs and TEs stepping up too. But any one thing can go wrong and things can still go right. Heck, Philly lost their QB and still won the SB.:2cents:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. Strength for sure, but I wouldn't go that far. Sure if they all suck like any team they will struggle, but the OL can have a down year and the team can still do well if other things work out. IMO as Dak goes this team goes and of course the OL and Zeke make that easier. Lee's health and T Smiths health and young secondary coming along all big. WRs and TEs stepping up too. But any one thing can go wrong and things can still go right. Heck, Philly lost their QB and still won the SB.:2cents:
This OL has the talent to make the whole offense better, in turn making the D better by giving them rest.

I have forever been a build the lines first guy. I really like the way this team is built.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with all of that, I mean I think everyone does...but not that the whole season hinges on them. I'm not confident Smith will be healthy but think we can be ok anyway