• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OU basketball....OU got close to beating #1 Michigan State

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't believe that OU had a strong chance for the upset. They started off strong and had big lead, but over time MSU was just to much and caught up. Pretty cool for the basketball program in addition to seeing what Lon Kruger can do.

Oklahoma basketball: Sooners fall to No. 1 Michigan State | News OK

Though OU fought valiantly, the No. 1-ranked Michigan State Spartans proved to be too much, and the Sooners fell 87-76 in the Coaches vs. Cancer Classic final on Saturday night.

“I'm proud of our guys,” said Sooners coach Lon Kruger. “Michigan State is the type of ballclub that can do that to you. If they get you going sideways a little bit, it's kinda hard to getting running back in the right direction.”

An 11-3 run helped Oklahoma (4-1) get out to an early 22-11 lead in the first half. Cameron Clark was the go-to guy for the Sooners during that stretch, scoring 14 of those points.

The final nine minutes of the half were dominated by the Spartans (6-0). They controlled the boards and tightened up on defense, going on a 26-5 run to the close out the half with a 45-31 lead. Denzel Valentine guided the offensive attack with five assists in the half.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to admit that I was pretty jazzed when I heard Kruger was coming to coach here.

I knew that his pedigree coupled with the OU brand would be able to accomplish great things. A couple of more years and we'll be able to compete with anyone.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we think there is a chance to compete with KU for the conference title? It seems that OU gets a great one or two players ever few years but never seems to have a sustained success in their basketball program. I really don't care until March when it is tourney time. Then I want to know how we stack up so I know how to pick them in my bracket ;-) I know not a very good fan but it is hard to get excited about basketball when we have one more football game and a bowl yet to be played!