• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ou#11

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are just lucky we haven't played a good team yet, or we wouldn't be 4-0.

The defense still thinks it can take time off when we get up 2 scores, and the offense is being called by a retard.

We are not a good team yet. Just way to many problems that the bad teams we have played have not been able to take advantage of yet.

However, not sure we will play a good team until a bowl game,,,, maybe Baylor.
That's the good news.
Thank god we have a weak ass conference.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is going overboard, just yet anyway. Like I said, I'm still concerned about the defense, too many big plays being made by the other teams worries me.

Agreed. Overall they look very good, but they seem slightly susceptible to the big play.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defense still thinks it can take time off when we get up 2 scores, and the offense is being called by a retard.

We are not a good team yet. Just way to many problems that the bad teams we have played have not been able to take advantage of yet.

That's the good news.

A good OC could take this good team and make them an elite one. Instead we have an awful one.

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND may not be world beaters this year but it was a quality win for a team this young with a 50 year old monkey on its back.

Nah, I'm not yelling "natty on a platter" but I'm enjoying the ride.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good OC could take this good team and make them an elite one. Instead we have an awful one.

Yep.
Just think where we would be with a good OC, and Bell starting the first 2 games.
Hmmmmmmm.........

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND may not be world beaters this year but it was a quality win for a team this young with a 50 year old monkey on its back.

Nah, I'm not yelling "natty on a platter" but I'm enjoying the ride.

Solid post.
That's where I am.

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to Knights credit he did actually look good for short amount of time he was in and that's a very good thing to see.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to Knights credit he did actually look good for short amount of time he was in and that's a very good thing to see.

I thought the same thing.
I think its probably because he had zero time to think about it and get nervous.
BAM, you're in there and doing it.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the good news.

thats the only problem i see is the defense still stops.

wardogharry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has a 2000 type chip on their shoulder. How long has it been since we've seen a defense come in a take control of the game the way the defense did yesterday? Yes the gave up 200 yards rushing but most of those yards came on two big plays. This defense is what the Sooners have been missing for years. An attacking style defense that turns the ball over. Bell is only going to get better as the season progresses and the run defense will get stronger too. The only problem the Sooners have this season is the conference they play in. Okie St. losing yesterday hurt us almost as bad as it did them. We need some top ranked teams to play down the stretch. All Sooner fans need to be Baylor and Tech fans the rest of the way. We need Baylor undefeated for that Thursday night showdown so we can destroy them. We also need ND to win the rest of their games. We need wins over at least 4 top 25 ranked teams in the final poll to make an argument for OU to be in the dance.

Thought the same thing about the rushing numbers. Over half of the 220 came on 2 plays and in both instances it was due to someone out of position. IOW, something that can be fixed...iow it's not a talent issue.

wardogharry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once they got TK out as QB this team has done nothing but get better. The defense has shown no signs of the usual breakdowns against weaker opponents we have been used to over the past several years. It's still early but I have a really good feeling about where this team is headed. They may have to wait one more season to compete for an NC but this is the type of team that can win it all. How would an undefeated season without OU in the NCG sound to you guys? The bias in the media and SEC shills at ESPN could make this a reality this season.

I'm still kind of torn on Knight. I don't think he did all that bad of a job, especially for a freshman. Long term, I still believe he will turn out to be the better QB. That said, in the short term no doubt that Bell has out performed him.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still kind of torn on Knight. I don't think he did all that bad of a job, especially for a freshman. Long term, I still believe he will turn out to be the better QB. That said, in the short term no doubt that Bell has out performed him.

I don't think TK will hold up to a full schedule running the ball the way he does. Until he is able to be a good passer and make people fear that he will have problems. The kid has talent but his body won't hold up to 20 carries a game. When he becomes a true duel threat he will be awesome. Start throwing through the tire Trevor. Get the accuracy down and we will see in a couple of years.

On a side note did anyone hear Mayock running down Bell during the game? The other announcer said he reminded him of Big Ben and Mayock was shocked that he would compare the two. The he called Bell Tim Tebow. Bell throws the ball way better than Tebow ever dreamed. Mayock is a tool!

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it was a great, great game for the Sooners. I was very impressed with the discipline, hard hitting, non-sense attitude coming out of our players, which has been pressed by the coaching staff.

I like how our o-line adjusted their blocking scheme on ND's sizeable D-line. I mean OU rushed for over 200, yards. That is flat out insane.

There were a couple of break-downs on defense but overall...wow.

Was Notre-Dame a championship caliber team? No...but they were a good football team. And although they fell out of the top 25, I see them coming back into it as the season goes along.

Another thing that gets me excited is our young team, and how well they are playing. They have a long ways to go in regards to experience but I sure didn't imagine they would be playing as well as they(freshman & sophomores) are.

I am not ready to call this team a great team, and actually I like the low ranking, maybe it is sort of a jink's, deal. TCU makes me nervous, Texas makes me nervous, KSU makes me nervous, Baylor makes me nervous, OSU makes me nervous. I guess if you asked me at the beginning of the season what this team would look like, my answer would be, it is a reloading year. But you know what? OU is actually playing some solid football, with their confidence in themselves seem to be growing. If you were to tell me before the season, that OU would play the way they did against Tulsa and Notre Dame, I probably wouldn't believe you.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you will see this team come to take care of business against TCU. You can probably just name a score. The only thing I worry about is them starting to believe their press and getting over confident. Other than that they are the best team in the Big XII. As mentioned earlier ND wasn't a great team this season but they are a very talented good team and they played their best game of the year against us. Last years squad would have lost that game because they never would have turned ND over 3 times. I think a lot of people are downplaying the OU win because it was an OU win. I think you will see ND get back on track this weekend agaisnt ASU. And then what will people say about that win?

wardogharry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think TK will hold up to a full schedule running the ball the way he does. Until he is able to be a good passer and make people fear that he will have problems. The kid has talent but his body won't hold up to 20 carries a game. When he becomes a true duel threat he will be awesome. Start throwing through the tire Trevor. Get the accuracy down and we will see in a couple of years.

On a side note did anyone hear Mayock running down Bell during the game? The other announcer said he reminded him of Big Ben and Mayock was shocked that he would compare the two. The he called Bell Tim Tebow. Bell throws the ball way better than Tebow ever dreamed. Mayock is a tool!

All valid points regarding Knight....and fwiw, I believe he will get the throwing part down. As for Bell...there are worse things than a college QB being compared to Tim Tebow. And I know the Roethlisberger mention on air was all about football, but I still would not want to be compared to that rapist POS in any way, shape or form.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think from watching Knight he was pressing it when passing. He just needs to relax and trust in his throwing ability. Trying to be perfect on every throw causes problems. Getting some game reps in behind Bell will do him a lot of good if they allow him to pass on occasion.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, I thought the Tebow comparison was in physical stature, not athletically as was the comparison to Rothlesburger. I also thought those 2 announcers were pretty weak. Would much rather have listened to Coach and Toby, but the radio broadcast is never in synch with the TV....

Spikericer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who in their right mind calls a running play for their just returned quarterback from injury/cramps multiple times? What was josh thinking? And why you can't put ford in there with Millard blocking in the I to get 2 yards is beyond me. I think stoops needs to once again let his loyalty to the program trump his loyalty to the individual and let his OC move on. Same as venables...

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who in their right mind calls a running play for their just returned quarterback from injury/cramps multiple times? What was josh thinking? And why you can't put ford in there with Millard blocking in the I to get 2 yards is beyond me. I think stoops needs to once again let his loyalty to the program trump his loyalty to the individual and let his OC move on. Same as venables...

Yeah, it's fucking amazing isn't it.
They saw what we saw, and called a QB keeper. It's just fucking retarded when you have the kind of running backs that we do.

STOP RUNNING THAT BELLDOZER SHIT. IT DOESN'T WORK. WE SHOULD HAVE REAL RUNNING PLAYS FOR THAT CRAP.

Josh..... you are a moron.