• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OTL ESPN Sunday 9am

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quoting an uninformed twit like Cowturd lends zero substance to any discussion

Yet many share his opinions and sentiments regarding Paterno's legacy.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet many share his opinions and sentiments regarding Paterno's legacy.

Because many are uniformed and don't want the facts. They wanted their sensationalistic pound of flesh and got it...facts be damned. Its a TMZ world now, nobody cares if they get it right as long as they create a buzz. He admits he's uniformed and has read neither report, yet the people who listen to the stooge and people of his ilk lap it up like he's an authority. Its a shame people are too lazy to actually check the facts out for themselves and form educated opinions. At the very least everyone should read the Clemente portion of the Paterno report. Could save this sort of things from happening to a child you may know.

Jesus could come down from heaven, say Joe was innocent and did all he was able to and people like Cowturd would still tell you it was not true.

Last edited by a moderator:

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... no we don't have to respect the dude. Jay is definitely a good speaker but that won't mean that I'd ever show him a shred of respect. He was a horrific coach, and I am loath to use that word to describe his role at Penn State. I've got friends who work up on campus and from what I understand he rarely did much of anything but sit in his office playing video games while listening to classical music while the team was out practicing.

Well I worked on campus as well and saw a great side of Jay. I'm fully aware that he was not qualified to be a coach, but to say he doesn't deserve a shred of respect is ridiculous. This is about something 1 million times bigger than Jay's coaching career anyways; I don't know why anyone would be concerned about that right now. He is speaking as a member of the Paterno family, and like you said, he is a good speaker.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because many are uniformed and don't want the facts. They wanted their sensationalistic pound of flesh and got it...facts be damned. Its a TMZ world now, nobody cares if they get it right as long as they create a buzz. He admits he's uniformed and has read neither report, yet the people who listen to the stooge and people of his ilk lap it up like he's an authority. Its a shame people are too lazy to actually check the facts out for themselves and form educated opinions. At the very least everyone should read the Clemente portion of the Paterno report. Could save this sort of things from happening to a child you may know.

Jesus could come down from heaven, say Joe was innocent and did all he was able to and people like Cowturd would still tell you it was not true.

I'm probably part of the 99% who heard the basic facts on SportsCenter and didn't need to hear more to come to the conclusion that Paterno was grossly negligent and cared more about himself and his team than stopping the abuse and holding people accountable. If I'm wrong about that, are you saying "the Clemente portion of the Paterno report" would clear things up? As someone whose interested, is the damning Freeh report not accurate?

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably part of the 99% who heard the basic facts on SportsCenter and didn't need to hear more to come to the conclusion that Paterno was grossly negligent and cared more about himself and his team than stopping the abuse and holding people accountable. If I'm wrong about that, are you saying "the Clemente portion of the Paterno report" would clear things up? As someone whose interested, is the damning Freeh report not accurate?

...no, it isn't. Freeh himself didn't even claim it to be factual when it came out. It was a "reasonable conclusion."

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misguided sheep

Exactly. Justin Bieber has 34.3 million followers on Twitter. Maybe I should base my personal opinions around everything he tweets.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read the entire Paterno report if you are interested in seeing how the Freeh report lacks credibility. Hell, Freeh has been a bumbling fool his entire career and his major failings including Richard Jewel, Ruby Ridge, 9/11 and FIFA among many others are pointed out in a section. The summary of the report that he read on TV is not backed by facts, its all assumptions and opinion and the Paterno report refutes every major point with facts.

NO, the Clemente section is more important than any NCAA or college football related issue. It is a guide on how to help identify predators and how they groom their victims and the parents of the victims. He was a lead profile for the FBI and say Jerry Sandusky was in the top 1% of predators he had ever seen. If you have children and don't care either way about the PSU case, that section is still worth your time.

Here;s my question for you or anyone else who insists Joe and the other 3 wanted to cover it up. Why in the hell would he report it, then in turn the AD report it to the campus police and University President, then they reported it to the second mile foundation, which is the organization Jerry was associated with, He was not an employee of PSU at the time. The leader of second mile was a child psychologist and apparently didn't do anything. PSU DID REPORT IT. if they wanted to squash it, they hire McQeary on the spot and give him a healthy salary and tell him to never speak of this again. He was not on staff as a coach until 2004.

Last edited by a moderator:

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's frustrating how many people see the Freeh report as fact when they haven't even read any portion of it AND won't entertain a response from the parties accused in the report. People just read a headline blaming 4 key people and that's enough information for them.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's frustrating how many people see the Freeh report as fact when they haven't even read any portion of it AND won't entertain a response from the parties accused in the report. People just read a headline blaming 4 key people and that's enough information for them.

A story about the head of second mile isn't sensational enough and wouldn't have driven ratings like blaming Joe. The BOT thought they could pin it on a dead guy and we'd all accept it, well, surprise cockbags, not happening.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A story about the head of second mile isn't sensational enough and wouldn't have driven ratings like blaming Joe. The BOT thought they could pin it on a dead guy and we'd all accept it, well, surprise cockbags, not happening.

Right..still disappointing..but this week has given me much greater hope that I previously had

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently they are trying to get Freeh and/or Emmert on ANY tv forum with Wick Sollers on the same panel. Of course, both refuse because he will absolutely shred them and they know it.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow..that would be great

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, came across this for all who take the ambiguous emails as clear fact Joe knew and was covering up

Its been pointed out that when Curley and Schultz trials take place that both of those individuals will state that they were referencing Jerry Sandusky in the emails. and that they were in the process of trying to establish a football program at the Penn State Altoona campus. He wanted to know what was taking place so that process could proceed.

The stated reason for this is because the information that was gotten by Wick Sollers came from interviews with the attorneys of Curley and Schultz and the two will not contradict each other. This is such an obvious connection. You have to think Paterno family consulted curley schultz people in order to ensure things are consistent.

So if its under oath that joe had minimal to no knowledge of 1998..then what?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my biggest frustration comes from the people that are SO outspoken about all of this but have taken 0 time to get up on the facts... People can say that we as Penn Staters will just defend Joe blindly. That may be the case for some Penn Staters, but I wouldn't classify them much differently than the ones who haven't done the research either way.

I don't think I have ever heard anyone regardless of their affiliations with anything who have taken the time to research this thing support the NCAA, Freeh or PSU's BOT if they read up on it. I have very little faith that the media will run with this at all now that the damage has been done by them in the first place. Originally I wasn't a huge fan of the Paterno's doing the TV thing until I read the new findings. They HAD to do it, no one would run with the story.... I would do it if my dad was sucked down into the pits of what a very sick man had done and was in some ways villified even more than the actual monster was.

It's the people that just hang on to the original reaction that greatly annoy me and they can illicit a serious reaction out of me if they say the right kind of ignorant thing about it. I'm glad that the facts are now coming out. Colin Cowherd can go fuck himself. I haven't watched ESPN in months because there is no longer any sports journalism out there. They are talking heads that simply preach their own opinions in front of a camera. They let others do shoddy research and then HOPE they are right. When they are wrong, they ignore it and then move on to the next story that might make them money.

I hope to God that all of this gains some traction. I don't care if it takes 10 years for all involved who have caused the many many negative reactions to take place at PSU to pay for all of this. There are so many irresponsible people involved in this and all we truly have to show for it right now is a sullied legendary football coach who did amazing things for Penn State, committed kids playing football at the university under extraordinary sanctions, and a whole bunch of people quietly saying OOOOPS and hiding in their big buildings behind security guards.

Where's the tylenol? /rant

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99% of the people out there have no idea what the significance of "coach" in those emails even means... For those people, it all but clears Joe from being involved in any coverup whatsoever.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99% of the people out there have no idea what the significance of "coach" in those emails even means... For those people, it all but clears Joe from being involved in any coverup whatsoever.

Exactly!!!!