• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OTL ESPN Sunday 9am

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paterno's 180 page report refuting the Freeh disaster to be discussed and revealed. Sounds like more lawsuits to follow and some good info to help exhonorate Joe may be in this thing. The letter Sue sent to the lettermen was great. Also, Franco and Ps4rs are endorsing this program and it seems like a real positive for us and slam against the NCAA and sanctions. :suds:

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching it now..

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started reading the report. It really rips into freeh and all his failings.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Knight acknowledges he jumped to conclusions based on the Freeh Report & is now ripping the NCAA. Nice...
Phil Knight of Nike says Joe Paterno wronged by Freeh report - ESPN

Phil Knight Statement

"Last July I was surprised and saddened by the Freeh Report and the subsequent press conference held by the former FBI Director. In response to the shocking findings, which were so definitively and passionately presented, and based on the reputation of Louis Freeh, I issued a statement which said in part, "According to the investigation, it appears Joe made missteps that led to heartbreaking consequences. I missed that Joe missed it, and I am extremely saddened on this day."

I made this statement without having read the report in full. When I later took the time to do so, I was surprised to learn that the alarming allegations, which so disturbed the nation, were essentially theories and assertions rather than solid charges backed by solid evidence. On reflection I may have unintentionally contributed to a rush to judgment.

With the release of the report by the King and Spalding law firm, including analysis by former Attorney General Dick Thornburgh and former FBI profiler James Clemente, it is clear that the findings of the Freeh Report were unjustified and unsubstantiated. When this tragic story first unfolded Joe cautioned all of us to slow down and carefully gather the facts before jumping to conclusions. We owed it to the victims, he said, to get to the truth. It was counsel we all should have followed. Additionally, The NCAA's actions are exposed as totally unwarranted. The NCAA acted outside its charter and rendered judgment absent any kind of investigation or judicial hearing. It was simply grandstanding.

And while some may still debate the who, what, when, where, why of this sad case, the clear villain, as Jim Clemente notes, is Jerry Sandusky himself."

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay has been KILLING IT on ESPN today. Even sceaming A-hole Smith now saying sanctions should be lessened, Skip Bayless saying he hopes someone can muster the $$ to sue NCAA and sanctions are bogus, Freeh report not factual. Tide turning.

Phil Knight putting pressure on NCAA is big. Neither the NCAA or ESPN want to make an enemy of him, he could affect their wallets.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite line is "Additionally, the NCAA's actions are exposed as totally unwarranted."

Uncle Phil and that little swoosh are going to cause a few beads of sweat to come out..

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay has been KILLING IT on ESPN today. Even sceaming A-hole Smith now saying sanctions should be lessened, Skip Bayless saying he hopes someone can muster the $$ to sue NCAA and sanctions are bogus, Freeh report not factual. Tide turning.

Phil Knight putting pressure on NCAA is big. Neither the NCAA or ESPN want to make an enemy of him, he could affect their wallets.

Wow that is awesome!!!!! Stephen A was one of the worst against us!!

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that is awesome!!!!! Stephen A was one of the worst against us!!

Yeah, he wanted the UNIVERSITY shut down before. Jay would have made the old man proud today, he was unflappable in setting some of the biggest haters straight today

Just watched Sue on Katie Couric, she did well too. I would love to see a tseel cage match with Greg Buttle against the BOT (sans Lubrano) and Erickson. I think he would snap every one of their necks, LOL, man did he look pissed.

Wick Sollers has at least one lawsuit ready to drop if the NCAA doesn't review and rethink those sanctions and the players, students, alumni and some others may have another coming down the pipe.

Been a great start to the week.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like there's some momentum building for common sense to intervene, against this over-the-top nonsense.

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile, folks. Lot of stuff in the way, lol. I'll be a more regular presence, I hope, as fb season draws nearer.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured today's news was worthy of a thread on the water cooler... People need to know whats up.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think the chances are that the sanctions get lessened?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think with Phil Knight's statement today they get better.. If nothing else, every athlete that loves Nike is paying attention to the fact that PSU is doing it while still under sanction. U following Christian Hackenburg on twitter yet? Pretty impressive buzz...

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw...i have nothing but respect for Jay after today. Ive only seen Mike & Mike but they were hitting him hard with ?'s and he was responding really well.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh... Jay sucked as a coach. He only had that job because of his dad.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have to respect the dude..

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... no we don't have to respect the dude. Jay is definitely a good speaker but that won't mean that I'd ever show him a shred of respect. He was a horrific coach, and I am loath to use that word to describe his role at Penn State. I've got friends who work up on campus and from what I understand he rarely did much of anything but sit in his office playing video games while listening to classical music while the team was out practicing.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think the chances are that the sanctions get lessened?

I thought very good before this, I think its even better now. The Freeh report, which everything is based on, is getting absolutely shredded.

Also, Zeiglar pointed out on the radio today that Victim # 2, the McQuery shower victim, the lynchpin of the entire 2001 episode, came forward and gave testimony with his mother and brother in the room that nothing happened that day in the shower!?! Sandusky was found not guilty on that charge.

That incident is the basis for this entire scandal where it involves Paterno, Spanier, etc..

I don't think Emerrt survives all of this. NCAA will cut bait, come to a settlement and save face by saying its because of our complete and outstanding compliance. If not, they will have their ass sued off from every angle and risk their very existance.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... no we don't have to respect the dude. Jay is definitely a good speaker but that won't mean that I'd ever show him a shred of respect. He was a horrific coach, and I am loath to use that word to describe his role at Penn State. I've got friends who work up on campus and from what I understand he rarely did much of anything but sit in his office playing video games while listening to classical music while the team was out practicing.

While I completely agree with you on his coaching and the level of respect I have for him in that field, he deserve s the utmost respect from every PSU fan, alumni and student at this time. He has been absolutely amazing today and the best spokesman we have had by a wide margin in this whole mess. He may not have inherited dad's coaching skills, but he did get his intelligence and ability at public speaking. My hat is off to Jay and I applaud him and support him 100%. I hope he continues to stay out in front of this and keep hammering away. Wick Sollers looks like he's ready to take a bite out of the NCAA if need be as well.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Cowturd has read neither the Freeh report or the Paterno report by his own admission, yet he's an expert on the situation. He also has spewed more misinformation and flat out false statements than anyone aside from Fanscessa in the media. The guy is about as clueless as they come. If he had excessive authority, Graham Spanier would not have been President, he HATED Spanier from the start. He was coach at age 84 because he was still putting winning teams on the field and graduating kids at one of the highest rates in the NCAA as well as raising millions for the school.Quoting an uninformed twit like Cowturd lends zero substance to any discussion

Last edited by a moderator: