• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Other Bowl Game GameDay Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow some really good games going on. Big Win for MSU. ND was the only team that can beat MSU. This becomes NDs best win of the year. Baylor going down against UCF. Big upset there. S. Carolina vs Whisky was an Ok good. Miami getting embarrassed by Louisville.

Great stuff. On top of that ND wins their bowl game. Cant wait for next year.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the entire game with Texas A&M and Duke, still can't believe what I saw. Manziel was simply electric that game. Made plays that were phenomenal. On another note I can't believe how horrible a job Washington State's Mike Leach did coaching. It was probably the worst coaching I can remember in my lifetime. He was throwing the ball up by more than 2 TD's with five minutes to go. Hats off to George O'Leary and UCF beating Baylor who were 17 or 18 point favorites.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i guess bama was over rated. wow

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma's D backs tackle worse than ND's do. And that's saying something.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go OKLA.....

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last play, and the look on AJ's mom and GF was priceless. Makes me feel a little better now after last yr.

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually reminded me of our game, climb to within a TD and then let it get away. OU played lights out, congrats to them. Bring on 2014, in Golson we trust, Go Irish!

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i guess bama was over rated. wow

I wouldn't call them overrated. Outplayed and out coached to be sure but game was very much in doubt until the last minute.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call them overrated. Outplayed and out coached to be sure but game was very much in doubt until the last minute.

Yes over rated. They were some power house team and we found out that they were good but not a National championship type team. Sooners were good this year but nothing special. I will say this that QB looks light he might have a bright future. That is a Big win for Oklahoma. Bob hasn't had a big win like that in awhile. Oklahoma is known for losing in the big games(especially against SEC schools.)

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were a 17 point favorite that lost by 14. A 31 point swing may equate to being overrated.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were a 17 point favorite that lost by 14. A 31 point swing may equate to being overrated.

Or it could mean they had a bad game. They were basically one freak and poorly defended play from possibly being in the NC game for their only loss of the season. They put up over 500 yards of offense against OU and were it not for the turnovers and questionable abandonment of the running game that was working in the 3rd quarter, the outcome could have been different.

I will admit this, Alabama fans get very defensive when you dismiss AJ McCarron as a game manager, but if the before game comments from Saban & Co were to be believed, they were going to use this game as a sendoff for McCarron (read: let him pass more), and he showed that he is only as effective as their running game to suck up the secondary. OU was very aggressive in the pass rush and Bama didn't exploit that at all. Given McCarron's lack of output when the game was put entirely on his shoulders tends to show that he was, in fact, just a game manager, who benefits from Lacy, Yeldon, et al.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes over rated. They were some power house team and we found out that they were good but not a National championship type team. Sooners were good this year but nothing special. I will say this that QB looks light he might have a bright future. That is a Big win for Oklahoma. Bob hasn't had a big win like that in awhile. Oklahoma is known for losing in the big games(especially against SEC schools.)

Were it not for a freak play against Auburn, they may well have been a NC team (at least undefeated and playing for their third in a row). I admit this was not last year's team, but they are a damn good football team and if you're going to argue they are not on a level with either FSU or Auburn, I'd say you're crazy.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or it could mean they had a bad game. They were basically one freak and poorly defended play from possibly being in the NC game for their only loss of the season. They put up over 500 yards of offense against OU and were it not for the turnovers and questionable abandonment of the running game that was working in the 3rd quarter, the outcome could have been different.

I will admit this, Alabama fans get very defensive when you dismiss AJ McCarron as a game manager, but if the before game comments from Saban & Co were to be believed, they were going to use this game as a sendoff for McCarron (read: let him pass more), and he showed that he is only as effective as their running game to suck up the secondary. OU was very aggressive in the pass rush and Bama didn't exploit that at all. Given McCarron's lack of output when the game was put entirely on his shoulders tends to show that he was, in fact, just a game manager, who benefits from Lacy, Yeldon, et al.

I'm not saying that the game wasn't closer than the score indicated, I'm saying they were overrated. At 17 points, This was projected by many to be one of the greatest mismatches in BCS bowl history. Finebaum was saying that he still thought Bama was the best team in the country and felt there was no way Oklahoma could move the ball against Alabama's defense. Alabama's O line had given up 10 sacks all year, this was a testament as to how good their O line was. They gave up 7 against Oklahoma, and McCarron (and some linemen) looked rattled more than a few times during the game. Yes, sometimes you play a bad game, and sometimes the breaks are going against you, but having your team's "strengths" exposed like that just indicates to me that this Bama team was overrated.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were it not for a freak play against Auburn, they may well have been a NC team (at least undefeated and playing for their third in a row). I admit this was not last year's team, but they are a damn good football team and if you're going to argue they are not on a level with either FSU or Auburn, I'd say you're crazy.

Thank god they aren't in the game because if they lost by 14 to Oklahoma then they would of lost by 28 or more against FSU. Like I said they are good but not great. 2 Ls means they were a Top 15 team. Not a Top 5 team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidenote: Nick Saban is 8-5 against LSU and Auburn and 0-2 when Auburn has 9 or more wins. He beat Auburn when Auburn isn't good.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god they aren't in the game because if they lost by 14 to Oklahoma then they would of lost by 28 or more against FSU.

I see you opted for crazy. :drool:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this watkins kid is amazing.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an SEC fanboy acquaintance who epitomizes the front running shared success mentality of the "team SEC" attitude who of course roots voiciferously for any SEC team (he's a GA fan by default so I guess he's got to do that). Except of course when they lose or are losing. Example, when Duke was taking it to a&m in the first half he made a crack that they're just a Big 12 team. I pointed out that their first year they beat the SEC standard bearer. When bama lost to OU I threw his just a Big 12 team comment in his face. He tried to deny his a&m remarks and claimed he would never accept a&m or mizzou as true SEC teams. Given mizzou's win I think he'll need to use those lowly Big 12 teams' wins to brag on their bowl record. Especially since the "real" SEC teams aren't getting it done. (Auburn won't, God willing, get it done).

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Missouri and Ok.State , pretty exciting game. It started out slow but there were 41 points scored in the final quarter. It was funny because the announcer just got done saying how this one player hasn't done anything all night and on the very next play he gets the strip fumble which turned into a td to seal the win. I watched a little of the Clemson vs . Ohio State game and wished I had watched more Looks like Watkins had a monster game. Trying to juggle two football games and an old episode of the twilight zone all at the same time.

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Pur, how nice would it be for the 9ers to trade up and get Watkins?