• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OTAs

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put Premium on ignore long ago and don't understand why you guys listen to him.

The season has not started so he provides entertainment for now. Once the season begins I will put him back on ignore.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious? He was a rookie. What in the hell do you expect? Most rookies tend to suck but Carson Wentz with some of the worst receivers in the NFL had one of the better rookie seasons for a QB. Take a look at this list of best rookie seasons https://www.si.com/nfl/photo/2016/10/11/ and compare them to Carson's Wentz rookie season and then try to make an intelligent football post if that is even possible for you.

Well yeah, that is my point. Even with several good games at the beginning and end, it was not a top rookie performance. Wentz doesn't belong on that list. He shows some promise, but the jury is out and this year will be very telling.

If Tom Brady goes into an OTA and goes 2 for 11, we all know that its just part of the process. When a 2nd year guy does the same, we really don't know? Could be just normal training ups and downs, or it could be something else.

We do not know at this point if Wentz is Eli Manning or David Carr. Pretty much a toss up on which one it is.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah, that is my point. Even with several good games at the beginning and end, it was not a top rookie performance. Wentz doesn't belong on that list. He shows some promise, but the jury is out and this year will be very telling.

Your argument takes stupid to an entirely new level. You are arguing that Wentz does not belong on the list but you did not make any real argument as to why. You said his performance was underwhelming and all I did was list some of the best rookie QB performances ever that show how inaccurate your post was

If Tom Brady goes into an OTA and goes 2 for 11, we all know that its just part of the process.

Again another completely stupid and irrelevant comment. You are deflecting the argument. Tom Brady is an HOF QB and arguably the best to every play. Some would say easily top 5 all time great. Make your comparisons a little bit more realistic. To Brady was not always lighting up the stat sheets. I responded to a post about his rookie season. Try to stay on point. I have already responded to your comments about his OTA performance. Showed you how inaccurate your comments were and you never responded.

When a 2nd year guy does the same, we really don't know? Could be just normal training ups and downs, or it could be something else.

Your expectations of Wentz are unrealistic. It is as if you are going out of your way to find things to be critical of. most second year QB's do not tend to light up the stat sheets. What is expected is improvement every year.

We do not know at this point if Wentz is Eli Manning or David Carr. Pretty much a toss up on which one it is.

No fucking shit Sherlock. The same can be said of any QB to ever play in the NFL.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly.... i took a look at every number for every qb on that page and if you throw Wentz in with that list of nine he would be last imo. Where would you put him on that list?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly.... i took a look at every number for every qb on that page and if you throw Wentz in with that list of nine he would be last imo. Where would you put him on that list?

Where I would put him on that list is irrelevant. The fact that he belongs on that list is the point I am making to debunk a point you tried to make. Your response only shows to me that you are just trying to find stupid shit to nitpick on Carson Wentz. That list was created to show the best rookie seasons of any QB. How many hundreds or thousands of QB's have come and gone in the NFL? Dak Prescott would more than likely be #1 on that list. The fact that Carson Wentz is last on that list means nothings. I am not sure why that is so hard for you to figure out. Carson Wentz had a very good season for a rookie. Better than most to every play in the NFL. That does not mean he is going to be a stud in the NFL. You spend a good amount of time talking about how he is not going to be a good QB or that we do not know how good if he is stud or bust. Well we will not know for a couple more years anyway.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where I would put him on that list is irrelevant. The fact that he belongs on that list is the point I am making to debunk a point you tried to make. Your response only shows to me that you are just trying to find stupid shit to nitpick on Carson Wentz. That list was created to show the best rookie seasons of any QB. How many hundreds or thousands of QB's have come and gone in the NFL? Dak Prescott would more than likely be #1 on that list. The fact that Carson Wentz is last on that list means nothings. I am not sure why that is so hard for you to figure out. Carson Wentz had a very good season for a rookie. Better than most to every play in the NFL. That does not mean he is going to be a stud in the NFL. You spend a good amount of time talking about how he is not going to be a good QB or that we do not know how good if he is stud or bust. Well we will not know for a couple more years anyway.

Well if he is last on that list he really doesnt belong on that list does he? Every other qb to ever play would also be last woildnt they?

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument is inane. When compared to the best nine rookie seasons ever played he would be 10th....therefore he must be good?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are Wentz has looked amazing during OTAs.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument is inane. When compared to the best nine rookie seasons ever played he would be 10th....therefore he must be good?

Where did I say that? Find in any of my posts I said that because he was on that list he was a good QB.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol...except that he is not on that list.

Yup....you truly are a dumb ass. You do realize that he is not on that list because it was compiled one month into his rookie season? October 11th 2016 to be exact if you want the actual date. Did it not occur to you that Dak Prescott is not on that list either? I see you are back to your modus operandi.....deflecting an argument because you truly have no response and have been made to look dumb again.

Last edited:

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the list that Wentz is not on and you can make no case that he should be on is relevant why?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the list that Wentz is not on and you can make no case that he should be on is relevant why?

I actually think he should be on the list but that was not why I posted the link. You made negative comments about his rookie season performance. I posted a link that showed how his stats are comparable to the best rookie seasons of all time to show how ignorant you are on the subject. I am not going to get into a debate about which QB had better rookie seasons. I am just showing you that using rookie stats as a standard Wentz is better than most (no I am not talking about the list). Those are 10 of the best rookie seasons of all time and yet his stats are comparable.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz apparently looked good in the recent practices, after looking shaky early. Progress!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz apparently looked good in the recent practices, after looking shaky early. Progress!

Reports are Wentz has looked amazing during OTAs.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think he should be on the list but that was not why I posted the link. You made negative comments about his rookie season performance. I posted a link that showed how his stats are comparable to the best rookie seasons of all time to show how ignorant you are on the subject. I am not going to get into a debate about which QB had better rookie seasons. I am just showing you that using rookie stats as a standard Wentz is better than most (no I am not talking about the list). Those are 10 of the best rookie seasons of all time and yet his stats are comparable.

Well except that they do not measure up. If you could make the case that his stats were better or equal to several on the list, than your point would be relevant. But you have not done that.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well except that they do not measure up. If you could make the case that his stats were better or equal to several on the list, than your point would be relevant. But you have not done that.

Because my point had nothing to do with Carson Wentz having a better rookie season than anyone on that list. You stated that his rookie season was underwhelming. All I did was show that you were wrong. I could care less if Wentz is on that list or not. He did not have a bad, underwhelming or average season for a rookie. He had a very good rookie season. Simple as that.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because my point had nothing to do with Carson Wentz having a better rookie season than anyone on that list. You stated that his rookie season was underwhelming. All I did was show that you were wrong. I could care less if Wentz is on that list or not. He did not have a bad, underwhelming or average season for a rookie. He had a very good rookie season. Simple as that.

You may be correct on Wentz, but providing that list did nothing to make that point. A list of 9 guys that were better as rookies than Wentz is pretty much irrelevant.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be correct on Wentz, but providing that list did nothing to make that point. A list of 9 guys that were better as rookies than Wentz is pretty much irrelevant.

All of a sudden you are against stats and numbers. I know you want to try to deflect the argument but that is not going to work. Those 9 guys had arguably the best stats as rookie QB's in the history of the NFL. Carson Wentz numbers stand up against those numbers. If his TD to INT ratio would be better it could be argued that his stats are better than just about all of them. However.....most of those other QB's did not have great TD to INT ratios either. Most of them had poor completion percentages.

Since it is obvious you are lacking the intelligence to understand what is going own I will simplify it for you.

1. You stated Wentz rookie season was underwhelming
2. I disagreed with you
3. I sought out other rookie QB stats to see how Wentz numbers compared to them
4. I found a top 10 list that put up the best performances for rookie QB's subjective but I agreed with the list
5. I posted a link to that article showing how Wentz stats compared to those all time top 10 performances
6. Your claim of Wentz performance being underwhelming debunked.

Conclusion: You made a claim. your claim was inaccurate. I posted information that debunked your claim. Simple as that.