• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OTAs

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly don't care about how Wentz looks until the 2nd half of game 1. Who knows exactly what he's working on at any moment.

Yup.....

He has been working on his mechanics so I am expecting inconsistencies until he gets enoough reps. If there were multipe report how his mechanics were not getting any better I would probably be concerned.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't expect midseason form, the reports he went 2-11 yesterday are concerning. Hopefully it is just him knocking off some rust and getting used to his new receivers and stuff.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't expect midseason form, the reports he went 2-11 yesterday are concerning. Hopefully it is just him knocking off some rust and getting used to his new receivers and stuff.

Hopefully he has a brand new throwing motion that will last with him for his entire career. None of that shit from last year. It's easy to play that way in Division seven of college football. Not here.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect Wentz to be in mid season form, and yes he could be working on something that no one other then the coaching staff knows about.

But lets be honest here... they are the only game in town for sports where most of us hang our hopes on a competitive season. The Phillies who I thought could of been a just under .500 win team are abysmal! The flyers had a disappointing season as well. The sixers.. we had january according to a few fans I speak to (I am no NBA fan). So many of us are going to be hyper critical, make mountains out of a grain of sand as we have nothing else to look forward to.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect Wentz to be in mid season form, and yes he could be working on something that no one other then the coaching staff knows about.

But lets be honest here... they are the only game in town for sports where most of us hang our hopes on a competitive season. The Phillies who I thought could of been a just under .500 win team are abysmal! The flyers had a disappointing season as well. The sixers.. we had january according to a few fans I speak to (I am no NBA fan). So many of us are going to be hyper critical, make mountains out of a grain of sand as we have nothing else to look forward to.

The January Sixers were dope.

10-5

But the OTAs don't become more important just because everything else sucks.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The January Sixers were dope.

10-5

But the OTAs don't become more important just because everything else sucks.

We have a NBA Basketball team? I thought they left town after 2004.

I didn't say they became more important, just that it gets more attention. Heck almost a decade ago most people knew OTAs were happening but were too focused on the Phillies winning.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a reason they call it practice...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a NBA Basketball team? I thought they left town after 2004.

I didn't say they became more important, just that it gets more attention. Heck almost a decade ago most people knew OTAs were happening but were too focused on the Phillies winning.

Huh? Not me. Baseball is a complete bore. I remember winning tickets to the 93 WS
I think it was game 5 and like a 13-11 game. Runs galore. Bases loaded triples and I remember still being bored. I'd rather the Eagles win one SB then the Phillies and Flyers simultaneously winning 10 straight championships. This is a sports town that will support all 4 teams but Philly will always be a football town first and foremost. This ain't St. Louis

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most epect more natural ability out of wentz and for him to be showing more potential given all the work he has put in by himself already.

I also think that last years lack of protection really screwed with his mechanics and it could be more difficult to get that back than it was to lose it. All the more reason he needed more protection last year. Once you get your franchise QB, you need to build around him.

The passing game will ALWAYS be 1 part QB and 1 part WR. Both in tandum make each other better. We need WR's that have a larger envelope that that QB can throw into. The alshon catch is great to show what type of range he has. IT will also be a confidence boost for Wentz to throw his way and know he can go up and go after it. Those are the throws that Matthews and others would NEVER make or would become interceptions.

I do think Wentz position right now is disheartening. I think we should be seeing more from him given his work ethic, habits and what he has put in already. That said, it just shows he isn't superman and we need to temper our expectations and give him time to develop.

All of that said, it's also why going DE and defense with the first 3 picks was probably the smartest move for the TEAM. I am reminded, that Peyton Manning won a SB in a season where he threw more INT's than TD's in the playoffs!! It was the DEFENSE that truly carried the team, and Peyton did just enough to help win it. he didn't carry the team. Anytime you expect your QB to carry the team, your in trouble. Hopefully Wentz develops into what we all want to see, but it might take longer than we are wanting.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried at all about ups and downs of an early mini camp ... working on new plays, timing on them, mechanics, new receivers and such ... now, if he goes 3-15 in the 3rd game of the preseason then it'll get my attention a bit, but early June working out kinks? Nahhh

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I get Peters comments on wanting more security he is a 35 year old OL who is making $10M base each of the next two years.

Taking into consideration how you don't want a big cap hit on any player when they fall off due to age I just can't see any other smart scenario here then to continue as the team is doing. Aren't they giving him more security than most 35 year old lineman?

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he must be feeling it... or sees that the young guys are ready to step up.

Sounds like our D line is putting in some solid work against our O line. Wentz still having some high/overthrown passes. Still 3 months away till it really matters.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think that last years lack of protection really screwed with his mechanics and it could be more difficult to get that back than it was to lose it.

He had bad mechanics already. They tightened them up in camp and you saw how he looked after. But it didn't take. The timing of that bye week really screwed us last year.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is the biggest variable and the biggest concern with the Eagles. You like to see a QB look great without contact. Its kind of like batting practice. A hitter should be able to .800 in the cage if he is going to hit .300 in the games. The fact that Wentz looks like crap in practice should be a red flag....Still time to improve and correct, but its not a good sign.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is the biggest variable and the biggest concern with the Eagles. You like to see a QB look great without contact. Its kind of like batting practice. A hitter should be able to .800 in the cage if he is going to hit .300 in the games. The fact that Wentz looks like crap in practice should be a red flag....Still time to improve and correct, but its not a good sign.

If Wentz looked horrible every day there may be some validity to this but that was not the case. I see some of you are focusing on one workout ignoring the others. Most of the reports I read say there is no reason to raise any alarms yet. He has actually had more good than bad but we have to accept that he is still working on his mechanics so he really should not get an overall good grade but at the same time he does not deserve a bad one yet either.

Leave it to the Eagles board to overact about a 2nd year QB during voluntary workouts 5 months after the season ended.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Wentz had a very good day today...

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wentz looked horrible every day there may be some validity to this but that was not the case. I see some of you are focusing on one workout ignoring the others. Most of the reports I read say there is no reason to raise any alarms yet. He has actually had more good than bad but we have to accept that he is still working on his mechanics so he really should not get an overall good grade but at the same time he does not deserve a bad one yet either.

Leave it to the Eagles board to overact about a 2nd year QB during voluntary workouts 5 months after the season ended.

You mean leave it to a fan base to overreact like this?

It's June ffs. That's all I can say to the wentz is degrading chicken littles in the fan base.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean leave it to a fan base to overreact like this?

It's June ffs. That's all I can say to the wentz is degrading chicken littles in the fan base.

Well to be fair, his season last year was a little underwhelming as well. A good start, and a good finish, and a pretty big lull in the middle. The last 4 games were pretty promising.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair, his season last year was a little underwhelming as well. A good start, and a good finish, and a pretty big lull in the middle. The last 4 games were pretty promising.

Are you serious? He was a rookie. What in the hell do you expect? Most rookies tend to suck but Carson Wentz with some of the worst receivers in the NFL had one of the better rookie seasons for a QB. Take a look at this list of best rookie seasons https://www.si.com/nfl/photo/2016/10/11/ and compare them to Carson's Wentz rookie season and then try to make an intelligent football post if that is even possible for you.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put Premium on ignore long ago and don't understand why you guys listen to him.