• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OTAs

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Kempski just tweeted that Orlosky is out 7-8 weeks with a left MCL injury.

Well that's too early to IR him, but maybe that lets us IR him easier for the year. That's what would be best with all the veteran bodies in the interior of the line.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read so far, the D-Line was kicking ass and taking names, Barnett, Jernigan and Curry in particular were taking up residence in the backfield. Even in pictures, Blount looks huge - he looks like a defensive lineman or a 3-4 'backer build wise. Wentz reportedly had a solid throwing session as well and was pissing off the defense with constant hard-counts.

One of Blount's problems is getting too big. We'll have to see what happens during the summer. It would be great to be able to ride him this year and run a playaction offense when he's in there and then run a hybrid spread-WCO thing when Sproles is in there. Mix and match it weekly.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I later read it may have had to do with Ron Brooks still coming back from injury. I think they like Brooks in the nickel.

Douglas sounds more like a boundary corner than a guy who is going to be able to keep up with the more quick twitch receivers you often see in the slot. Mills is actually a pretty good slot corner because he is quicker than fast.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Barnett continues to shine in this mini-camp ... he's already earned the respect of Lane Johnson who's he's beating a bit more often than most expected. Not really sure if that's good or bad ... lol

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of Blount's problems is getting too big. We'll have to see what happens during the summer. It would be great to be able to ride him this year and run a playaction offense when he's in there and then run a hybrid spread-WCO thing when Sproles is in there. Mix and match it weekly.

I don't know why I never really noticed it before just how large a man he actually is. Nonetheless, initial observations from what I've read so far have said that he looks crisp and in shape, so whatever he is now he seems to be carrying it well. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some packages in the works where 3 RBs are on the field at the same time, a two-back look with either Sproles/Pumphrey lined up in the slot. Doug can get really creative with his formations.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on Barnett so far is everyone is impressed with the lean and bend he plays with coming off the edge. Could potentially do very well in a situational role this year.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read so far, the D-Line was kicking ass and taking names, Barnett, Jernigan and Curry in particular were taking up residence in the backfield. Even in pictures, Blount looks huge - he looks like a defensive lineman or a 3-4 'backer build wise. Wentz reportedly had a solid throwing session as well and was pissing off the defense with constant hard-counts.

Non-contact drills so I doubt if anybody was kicking ass and taking names.

iceman42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of getting too big Kelvin Benjamin weeeeeeeee bit of weight added .. and in OTAs everyone is quipping that he is running with a big ol' pair of Timberlands on.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was he training with this offseason, Eddie Lacy at Shake Shack?

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on Twitter and follow a lot of the reporters...
Admittedly, I'm behind the times, i.e. I don't yet have a Tweeting account (purposeful typo). For those of you not in the Philly area (and can get local Comcast coverage everyday), how would you advice to stay in touch? I get BGN podcasts and Spadaro's "official" podcasts as they come out, but they are all usually at least a few days behind.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BGN; CSNphilly.com; Phillyvoice.com; sportsphilly.com.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly, I'm behind the times, i.e. I don't yet have a Tweeting account (purposeful typo). For those of you not in the Philly area (and can get local Comcast coverage everyday), how would you advice to stay in touch? I get BGN podcasts and Spadaro's "official" podcasts as they come out, but they are all usually at least a few days behind.

I chat with Kempski a few times a month ... knew him prior to becoming a household name around Philly. Other than that I simply google "Eagles" and it gives you the latest news by date or time :)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think BGN is a good place, they have most of the daily news covered and provide training camp reports. Sadly with the death of Birds 24/7 the best site went under but BGN isn't bad, as long as you remember it is basically a fan site. Jimmy Kempski at Philly Voice is another to look up.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR.. you can have a 16 yr old who is an eagle fanatic, and just enjoys finding out every single thing going on before you do.. so he can say, Hey Dad, did you hear..... blah blah blah.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BGN; CSNphilly.com; Phillyvoice.com; sportsphilly.com.

OOPS! I forgot another good one - IGGLESBLITZ.COM. Tommy Lawlor is the author, and he also writes a column for Eagles.com. Very objective.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz and Foles supposedly not so good during OTAs today according to reporters. Wentz was off target on some throws and Foles threw some bad picks.

On a positive note Nelson Agholor looks much improved, Jeffery caught a red zone pass and spiked it in Rasul Douglas's grille, and Derek Barnett continues to show hustle and impress coaches.

Eagles OTA observations: Carson Wentz struggles; Alshon Jeffery shines

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz and Foles supposedly not so good during OTAs today according to reporters. Wentz was off target on some throws and Foles threw some bad picks.

On a positive note Nelson Agholor looks much improved, Jeffery caught a red zone pass and spiked it in Rasul Douglas's grille, and Derek Barnett continues to show hustle and impress coaches.

Eagles OTA observations: Carson Wentz struggles; Alshon Jeffery shines

Man, even in OTAs Kendricks has some kind of injury issue. What is it with this guy? I hope Najee Goode beats him out on the depth chart.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always liked Najee Goode and think he can be pretty good on the weakside for us, so I am not worried. I would not be shocked if Kendricks is cut before long. He doesn't even play nickel downs anymore so he is a two-down player making a lot of money.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agholor had a very strong practice on Tuesday, and seems to be doing a much better job so far of going up and getting the ball, as opposed to catching it with his body.

During a drill early on in the practice, Agholor reached down and extended for a pass from wide receiver coach Mike Groh. The catch was impressive, and Groh noticed, praising Agholor for the nice grab.

Agholor looks to be the fastest receiver on the team, and if he can overcome the drop issues from last season, he could end up being a contributing member of this offense.

I never understood what happened to Agholors "hands." From college highlights and combine, he seemed to have really good hands. Then he was body catching more and dropping more. It's nice to get this type of report out of him. I said last year, I expected agholor to out perform Matthews. Maybe I was just a year off. I will be rooting for this 1st rounder to finally start performing like one. Having good position coaches, mentors and veteran leaders is a huge part of rookies developing into everything they can.

Alshon is a lock at #1 and it's awesome to hear him shining, even when others are not. After that, I think it's a pot shot between Matthews, Agholor and Smith with Matthews getting the nod due to past performance. But I think we have seen Matthews ceiling. I don't think we have with Agholor. Smith, imho, will likely be like DBG - good and inconsistent. Smiths big sell for this team was suppose to be SPEED. I find it odd that agholor is looking to be the fastest WR on the team. That doesn't bode well for Smith.