• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OTAs

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thread? You guys are fair weather fans. :D

Some early nuggets:

* Peters and Cox are not there
* Pumphrey looks quick...but he fumbled once
* Blount looks big and strong
* Agholor surprisingly is catching stuff
* DGB, Shelton Gibson are dropping stuff
* Wentz, Foles both erratic early but Wentz supposedly recovered and had nice deep balls
* Patrick Robinson and Jalen Mills were starters at CB, but Rasul Douglas played outside on nickel downs with Mills sliding inside
* Seumalo started at LG and Johnson at LT with Peters gone
* Howie was seen throwing footballs on the sideline to Alshon Jeffery :doh:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Kelce was starter at center, and Vinny Curry and Graham were starters at DE. I worry Kelce is not going anywhere sadly.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some early nuggets:

* Wentz, Foles both erratic early but Wentz supposedly recovered and had nice deep balls
* Patrick Robinson and Jalen Mills were starters at CB, but Rasul Douglas played outside on nickel downs with Mills sliding inside

Sounds like Howie is going to be our #3 QB on the depth chart.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you getting this info?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on Twitter and follow a lot of the reporters. That is the best place to get the info in real time.

A hilarious update: Apparently, near the end of the practice, a reporter realized Marcus Smith wasn't there. No one had noticed! Pederson was asked and said the team was looking into it. Not a good sign for the kid's future.

I feel bad for him, at this point he has totally been forgotten, but you might as well try hard before your career comes to an end, I would think.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Kempski just tweeted that Orlosky is out 7-8 weeks with a left MCL injury.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read so far, the D-Line was kicking ass and taking names, Barnett, Jernigan and Curry in particular were taking up residence in the backfield. Even in pictures, Blount looks huge - he looks like a defensive lineman or a 3-4 'backer build wise. Wentz reportedly had a solid throwing session as well and was pissing off the defense with constant hard-counts.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Kempski just tweeted that Orlosky is out 7-8 weeks with a left MCL injury.

That sucks, I was rooting for the kid to compete. Probably practice squad fodder at best now.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some early nuggets:

Nice update, Iggy. I like the note about Howie. He can't help himself. I like him, but he should be the waterboy. LOL.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Kelce was starter at center, and Vinny Curry and Graham were starters at DE. I worry Kelce is not going anywhere sadly.

I've said this all damn off-season and told I was worried about nothing... and that there is no way this would happen. one of the things I wish I had been wrong about. But I honestly think the coaching staff has a few blind spots, despite how obvious things are. 1, their view on Kelce and our need to upgrade Center; and 2, their inability to see our CB's are not looking back.

Thanks iggloo, keep reports coming. Some of the best reads on the board in awhile. Nice to get updates. :)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnett looks really good btw, supposedly one of the best players on the field already.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnett looks really good btw, supposedly one of the best players on the field already.

nice to hear... I already made a prediction in the other thread about him... the more I've read and watched tape, the more I like him. I think he might honestly turn out to have a better nfl career than garrett

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice to hear... I already made a prediction in the other thread about him... the more I've read and watched tape, the more I like him. I think he might honestly turn out to have a better nfl career than garrett
Don't tell @Wings this.. He will disagree.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya think he's better than McGloin?

Actually I think McGloin is a decent option to have as the #3. Although Howie might create an extra roster spot to make himself the #4 option and have Pederson/Reich give him some pointers on his throwing motion.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks, I was rooting for the kid to compete. Probably practice squad fodder at best now.

The timing could be worse. He should be just about ready to go by training camp.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timing could be worse. He should be just about ready to go by training camp.

I'm thinking Kelce might have clipped Orlosky in a drill, he was probably worried the undrafted rook was going to come in and take his roster spot.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Kelce might have clipped Orlosky in a drill, he was probably worried the undrafted rook was going to come in and take his roster spot.

I'm thinking... it's a blind spot by our coaches....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's interesting.

Maybe just trying to get Mills comfortable with multiple positions after focusing on the outside last year? And/Or I guess they want Rasul to get up to speed as fast as possible on playing outside.