• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"How do you answer these charges....

...Lord Baelish?"

The 'uh... what was that now?' look from Little Finger was great! Great season closer.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, last night's episode might have been the most beautifully shot I've seen. Many of the plot points were predictable and expected, but I though the direction and cinematography were excellent. The shots of King's Landing with the snow incoming made it feel very real. Wonderfully directed episode.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, what was the White Walkers plan before they got the dragon?

I think the plan all along was the dragon and that pretty much everything upto this point was a set up. They had been "asleep" for thousands of years and come out again shortly before dragons reappear. Mind you dragons had existed in the meantime and we hadn't heard from the White Walkers so that puts a bit of a hole in that theory, but maybe dragons in Westeros coinciding with winter coming is what woke them.

A lot of things that previously didn't make sense, make sense if we assume this was all a setup to get one or more dragons. I'd often see the criticism about how our human characters have time to travel everywhere but the White Walkers have been marching towards The Wall forever and still aren't there. I was never sure where they got the idea that the White Walkers were marching directly towards The Wall without having to do something else first.

I think The Night King knew about the dragons because he has some powers similar to Bran's so he set a trap. Earlier this season we heard Brienne tell Podrick "Don't go where your enemy leads you!" I think that was a bit of foreshadowing, and a recurring theme throughout this series.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tmp_rXKfXh_fc65dbd42d518165_little.gif

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the plan all along was the dragon and that pretty much everything upto this point was a set up. They had been "asleep" for thousands of years and come out again shortly before dragons reappear. Mind you dragons had existed in the meantime and we hadn't heard from the White Walkers so that puts a bit of a hole in that theory, but maybe dragons in Westeros coinciding with winter coming is what woke them.

A lot of things that previously didn't make sense, make sense if we assume this was all a setup to get one or more dragons. I'd often see the criticism about how our human characters have time to travel everywhere but the White Walkers have been marching towards The Wall forever and still aren't there. I was never sure where they got the idea that the White Walkers were marching directly towards The Wall without having to do something else first.

I think The Night King knew about the dragons because he has some powers similar to Bran's so he set a trap. Earlier this season we heard Brienne tell Podrick "Don't go where your enemy leads you!" I think that was a bit of foreshadowing, and a recurring theme throughout this series.
One theory is that the NK is either Bran himself (Timey-Wimey), or just another Three-Eyed Raven. That would support the theory that he knew that dragons existed again and was just waiting for his opportunity to kill one.

Another possibility is that they had the chains the assist in taking down the wall, but now that they have the dragon, they do not have to lug the chains anymore, so they are able to proceed faster.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One theory is that the NK is either Bran himself (Timey-Wimey), or just another Three-Eyed Raven. That would support the theory that he knew that dragons existed again and was just waiting for his opportunity to kill one.

Another possibility is that they had the chains the assist in taking down the wall, but now that they have the dragon, they do not have to lug the chains anymore, so they are able to proceed faster.

I like the second option. Plus, it would mean that using the dragon is a "short cut" and everyone knows what happens to bad guys who take short cuts. . .

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did somebody call for 2 Chainz?

2-Chainz-C-Murder-Diss.jpg

Oh... nevermind, my bad.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so it’s Sunday and the Leafs are golfing. Enjoying the rest of the playoffs, the weather is improving and yet something is missing. For some reason, I instinctively flip to HBO. But why? I search my memory and realize YEAH, GoT is starting soon.

Then reality sinks in. Not this year. Only 6 episodes left and yet I still have to wait another year. Before I can watch another GoT, I will suffer through an entire NHL season, year 52 in the desert for my Leafs. This sucks.

More reality. My boss is considering transferring me to Germany. Yeah he is a Habs fan and clearly holds it against me. By the time GoT comes back, I might be in Deutschland. I don’t want to watch the final season in German. I don’t speak German (Dothraki either). This really sucks.

Maybe I will go to Go Behind the Scenes on the Game of Thrones Set with Emilia Clarke - Omaze.com and take a shot at meeting Emilia Clarke. Hopefully she will speak to me in English. . .

/at least we have the new book from GRRM to pass the time.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so it’s Sunday and the Leafs are golfing. Enjoying the rest of the playoffs, the weather is improving and yet something is missing. For some reason, I instinctively flip to HBO. But why? I search my memory and realize YEAH, GoT is starting soon.

Then reality sinks in. Not this year. Only 6 episodes left and yet I still have to wait another year. Before I can watch another GoT, I will suffer through an entire NHL season, year 52 in the desert for my Leafs. This sucks.

More reality. My boss is considering transferring me to Germany. Yeah he is a Habs fan and clearly holds it against me. By the time GoT comes back, I might be in Deutschland. I don’t want to watch the final season in German. I don’t speak German (Dothraki either). This really sucks.

Maybe I will go to Go Behind the Scenes on the Game of Thrones Set with Emilia Clarke - Omaze.com and take a shot at meeting Emilia Clarke. Hopefully she will speak to me in English. . .

/at least we have the new book from GRRM to pass the time.

I hope the last episodes are great but I hate the 2 year wait. In a way I hope ratings are down so others are discouraged from doing this. They wont be though.

I do not think they have this for German, but this might help:
yBGTx.jpg

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, winter is taking awhile to get here. Can't wait for season 8...

Cute.

I love the Samwell Tarly character. The actor looks a LOT like my son, and Sam lasted in (Maester) school about the same length of time my son did in University.

Can't wait for the final season. All I ask is that Sam and Arya survive. Don't care about any others tbh.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What says you @mattola ???

Editors Review: Generally, Really Really Magnificent. A new contender for the Throne.

Fiery with an icy finish, White Walker Whisky (WWW) is destined to sell millions. The initial flavors of iron and salt are muted by the moontea notes. The flavo(u)rs dance across the tongue, and you are hounded by an impish desire to fly like a little bird. That sensation passes quickly and is replaced by a mighty blast of cold fire which will break down your walls of inhibition.

If consumed in quantity, you may temporarily lose vision. The effect is momentary, no one has become permanently blinded by consuming such an exquisite whisky, ]however some slight bluing of the iris has been reported.

Best served with sausages and onions, at knight.

A mountain of a spirit, WWW will leave you walking shamelessly back for more.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pops in law told me about a business trip he did to beijing once where the associate he was travelling with bought a bottle of “jonny worker whiskiy”. (He didnt consume it lol)

I can only imagine the jonny worker white woker whiskiy will be a hot seller