• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Where would you bat Drew Stubbs?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried about the offense at all.

2010 they were ranked #1 in the NL in offense.
2011 they were ranked #2 in the NL in offense.

I mean, why is everyone so worried? That was with Stubbs leading off and Janish/Renteria/Cabrera batting 2nd. I think Cozart and Phillips will be much better in the 1-2 hole with Ludwick between Votto and Bruce instead of forcing Phillips to play long ball. Plus, Rolen was hurt most of last year. Hopefully he can see about 110 to 120 games this year.

I am not worried about the offense or defense at all.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not worried about the offense at all.

2010 they were ranked #1 in the NL in offense.
2011 they were ranked #2 in the NL in offense.

I mean, why is everyone so worried? That was with Stubbs leading off and Janish/Renteria/Cabrera batting 2nd. I think Cozart and Phillips will be much better in the 1-2 hole with Ludwick between Votto and Bruce instead of forcing Phillips to play long ball. Plus, Rolen was hurt most of last year. Hopefully he can see about 110 to 120 games this year.

I am not worried about the offense or defense at all.

Because it's more than just runs scored, but WHEN you score the. They too often scored 6+ runs in roughly 35% of their games, and scored something like 3 or fewer runs in 55% of their games and 4-5 in the rest of the, Kramer had the stat up awhile ago. The point being, their overall run total is skewed by the fact that they had a lot of games where they scored a boat-load of runs. The majority of the time, they were 3 runs or less. They were BOOM or BUST.

The offense HAS to be more consistent. Now, the improved pitching will help, as will the improved 'pen, but when it comes down to this offense, it has to be more consistent in scoring runs and not spend 55% of it's time making it's pitchers earn near shut-outs to win the game.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's more than just runs scored, but WHEN you score the. They too often scored 6+ runs in roughly 35% of their games, and scored something like 3 or fewer runs in 55% of their games and 4-5 in the rest of the, Kramer had the stat up awhile ago. The point being, their overall run total is skewed by the fact that they had a lot of games where they scored a boat-load of runs. The majority of the time, they were 3 runs or less. They were BOOM or BUST.

The offense HAS to be more consistent. Now, the improved pitching will help, as will the improved 'pen, but when it comes down to this offense, it has to be more consistent in scoring runs and not spend 55% of it's time making it's pitchers earn near shut-outs to win the game.

All teams are similar to that.

Plus, I do not remember many games at all that were 10+ runs.

Last edited by a moderator: