• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Vancouver People

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one block from my place. My kids are there all the time.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda cool. The wife ran into Kendall Waston at the aquarium in Seattle.

38032581_2566186000073984_1026388143114289152_n.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt know where to put this. Ill drop it here since dude is from vancouver

Turned on tsn to watch the mls all star game and some stihl logger sports show was on

And there was some dude with a huge facial scar so i was all what the hell is this about. Googled his name

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4680744

He won a world championships and they have this section in the story lol

About that scar
Hart is a third generation lumberjack (his father and grandfather both competed) with a gift of the gab and an instantly identifiable 12 cm scar across his right cheek.

The scar is a subject of intrigue, especially on first viewing, when onlookers can't help imagining the awful accident that left the mark.

The actual story isn't nearly so dramatic.

During a competition several years ago, Hart planted his axe in a tree, only to have it fall out and graze him in the face. The bloody mess that resulted (his axes are very sharp) required more than 80 stitches both inside and outside his cheek.

GRAZE ????

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Vancouver People, nice to meet you. I am Toronto asshole and I am planning a fall trip to your weed-scented lands.

Looking to do a lot of hiking/mountaining stuff. Is the time around Thanksgiving a good time for this? Do your leafs turn? Any suggestions? Open to anything, never been.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Vancouver People, nice to meet you. I am Toronto asshole and I am planning a fall trip to your weed-scented lands.

Looking to do a lot of hiking/mountaining stuff. Is the time around Thanksgiving a good time for this? Do your leafs turn? Any suggestions? Open to anything, never been.

That's typically around the time Whistler opens, so you could likely go skiing.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Grouse grind should still be good to go but it's a hard hike. Free to go up costs to come down as you can't walk down it. In north vancouver

If you want more relaxing Lynn Canyon is fantastic. It's free and in north Vancouver.

Downtown: walking around the seawall is a must.i say start in yaletown walk west and go to English bay or start in English bay walk north and go to the Lions Gate bridge (yaletown to Lions Gate and back is a 16 km walk/run)

Check out Granville Island

Check out Stanley park (you can see this if you do the English bay seawall route and deviate into the park

Where are you staying?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fyi
The Grouse Grind is a 2.9-km (1.8-mile) ascent, with an elevation gain of 853 metres (2,800 feet).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grouse grind should still be good to go but it's a hard hike. Free to go up costs to come down as you can't walk down it. In north vancouver

If you want more relaxing Lynn Canyon is fantastic. It's free and in north Vancouver.

Downtown: walking around the seawall is a must.i say start in yaletown walk west and go to English bay or start in English bay walk north and go to the Lions Gate bridge (yaletown to Lions Gate and back is a 16 km walk/run)

Check out Granville Island

Check out Stanley park (you can see this if you do the English bay seawall route and deviate into the park

Where are you staying?
Not sure where we're staying yet, still figuring out what works best with everything.

Was looking at St. Mark's Summit. How hard is the access to that?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's typically around the time Whistler opens, so you could likely go skiing.

Im guessing @Bloody Brian Burke meant cdn thanksgiving :think:

Whistler wont be open yet

Grouse grind will be slick if we get extended rain though. Not sure when it typically closes for the season. mid november i think

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
yeah, our leaves turn. leaves are good like that. Up in the hikey areas tend to be more coniferous.
October is hit and miss when it comes to whether it will be rainy or not.

if the grind is too steep for what you are looking for, there is another trail does to the same spot, but takes a more meandering course.
for suspension bridges, Lynn Canyon is better than Capilano, free and less crowded (the tourist buses stop at Capilano)
Quarry Rock out on Deep Cove gets you a good view
Buntzen Lake can be a full day

tons of stuff up towards squamish/whistler (like the Chief).
might be too snowy at that point for the higher elevation ones.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im guessing @Bloody Brian Burke meant cdn thanksgiving :think:

Whistler wont be open yet

Grouse grind will be slick if we get extended rain though. Not sure when it typically closes for the season. mid november i think
Yep def Canadian.

I guess excessive rain is a real threat around that time? Is September drier usually?