• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Swing Thoughts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, SFNL (or anyone else who would care to join in this offseason), I'm going to talk a little golf here from time-to-time.

Going back out to the range today.

Swing thoughts: keep left knee pointed ahead during backswing.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came RUNNING to this thread....

Found out it wasn't about Hollywood swinger groups....

Left....

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aim the ball at the target, feet hips & shoulders all parallel & left (or right if lefty) of that target

Light grip pressure

Rotate around your spine

V's of your hands pointing at each shoulder to keep grip neutral

If left knee is pointed during the swing, pound you heel to the ground at impact

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aim the ball at the target, feet hips & shoulders all parallel & left (or right if lefty) of that target

Light grip pressure

Rotate around your spine

If left knee is pointed during the swing, pound you heel to the ground at impact

you let out :take a drink of your favorite alcoholic beverage in between each step sfnl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Light grip pressure

Rotate around your spine

That's pretty busy. I work on one thing every time I go to the range. I've been swaying back too much, instead of rotating - leads to chopping. Head movement and left knee seem to be the triggers for that. Last one is a good heads-up.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
along the lines of rotating... imagine you are in a big wooden barrel & cant sway outside of it... thought is "swing inside of the barrel"

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check this one out guys... This one came straight from Bob Ford who has been the head golf professional at Oakmont for eons..

Matt Kuchar & his coach have been working on eliminating timing from the swing. So... Try this. After setting up to the ball, stick your left hip out and keep it there through the backswing like its against a wall. On the downswing hit into the wall (hip) and see the difference. This eliminates all swaying and will produce a more consistent ball strike.

Its what Kuchar has been doing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check this one out guys... This one came straight from Bob Ford who has been the head golf professional at Oakmont for eons..

Matt Kuchar & his coach have been working on eliminating timing from the swing. So... Try this. After setting up to the ball, stick your left hip out and keep it there through the backswing like its against a wall. On the downswing hit into the wall (hip) and see the difference. This eliminates all swaying and will produce a more consistent ball strike.

Its what Kuchar has been doing

Is this a drill? Or is he doing it on the course?

I was lazy this winter, and didn't do any chipping off the mats in the house. I've been going out in the yard though of late, and getting it done - trying to get my good feel at contact back.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEFT ARM MUST STAY STRAIGHT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried the 'pointing hip' thing as a drill at the range, and it worked ok. I was hitting my irons well today, but my timing is off with driver. Bad. I'm over-rotating, I fear, and getting stuck. Kept skulling the ball for line drives.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the left arm thing goes... I had it wrong. To make the left arm stay straight, keep your right arm in front of your chest. Hit it great yesterday but putted like shit. Its never a complete package