• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Playoffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this was already discussed, but I never had this personally clarified until today.

So NHL.com finally put out a video on the Playoffs and clarified the Wild Card reseeding question I had (That never seemed to get answered) of what happens in RD 2 to the Wild Card teams if they win.

Basically, once a team is locked into a given bracket, they stay in that bracket, regardless of where they played all year. For all intents and purposes, they are now part of the new Playoff division. Example would be that if Phoenix makes the Playoffs as the final Wild Card, and St. Louis stays the overall #1 in the West, they would play each other (That part we knew already), but what they clarified is that Phoenix (if they win) is locked into that Central division. So, basically, no matter what, they could not play LA until round 3 (in this scenario) because they would play the winner of #2Chicago/#3Colorado (Or Colorado the #2 I think if it ended up today).

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs format and team qualification system - Drive to the Playoffs

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like what I understand. That's the reason they're trying so hard to get ahead of Minnesota for the top wild card slot and get matched up against the Sharks in Round 1. Then if they advance they'd play the winner of the Kings/Ducks series. The media down here in Arizona isn't even talking about catching the Kings. Maybe that'll come after and if they catch the Wild.

Ox