• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Mayweather / McGregor seems to be a go

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, this thing still hasn't happened yet?

letterkenny-wayne-unfortunate.jpg

Only five weeks left eloco - Plenty of time to board the hype train.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only five weeks left eloco - Plenty of time to board the hype train.

Jesus! I assumed it had already happened or was this weekend. Given my stance on fighting, you can imagine my interest in boxing/UF/etc. ranks somewhere between low and nonexistent.

Although jumping up during a hockey fight is certainly an instinct I can at least understand. Someone choosing to attend a "press tour" where two guys exchange contrived trash talk baffles me.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus! I assumed it had already happened or was this weekend. Given my stance on fighting, you can imagine my interest in boxing/UF/etc. ranks somewhere between low and nonexistent.

Although jumping up during a hockey fight is certainly an instinct I can at least understand. Someone choosing to attend a "press tour" where two guys exchange contrived trash talk baffles me.

it is what it is ... the travelling trash talk caravan was an entertaining side show for me ... like looking at a car crash or going to a state fair :noidea: lol

/canadian boxing guy (announcer/promoter/manager/cutman/weird looking lunatic) Russ Anber was on a radio show recently and talked about how the press conferences were a horrible travesty that would sully the sport of boxing ... yes there were elements of racism during the pressers that shouldnt have happened but seriously ... this sullied the sport of boxing???? ... i still havent wrapped my head around that lol

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/canadian boxing guy (announcer/promoter/manager/cutman/weird looking lunatic) Russ Anber was on a radio show recently and talked about how the press conferences were a horrible travesty that would sully the sport of boxing ... yes there were elements of racism during the pressers that shouldnt have happened but seriously ... this sullied the sport of boxing???? ... i still havent wrapped my head around that lol

Yeah, nothing Connor McGregor said was even remotely as racist as the things Muhammad Ali said to Joe Frazier.

Not to mention the gambling, fight fixing, etc. You're right, Jstew.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Unless the contestants are in the same pool, who fuckin cares
called it ?

also saw on the tweets today
- a fairer contest would be Lotche vs a hammerhead, taking the Wonderlicht

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
no wonder Malignanni quit

/though I would presume he had his moments too

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think MMA is a very interesting sport, allowing for a versatility and strategic element not inherent to other combat sports. And the athleticism is more showcased as well. There are also plenty of athletes who have had success without being assholes or vicious murderers.

But I just don't see a way to really address the head injury issue. Otherwise I would really enjoy the sport.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
And the bookies are saved.
Anyone see it? Conner even come close?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the bookies are saved.
Anyone see it? Conner even come close?
My son watched a stream and gave me updates.

It was very predictable. Mayweather did little in the early rounds, McGregor got tired and then Mayweather got the tko. Give props to McGregor for lasting 10 rounds but part of that was Mayweather doing his typical early round "feeling" the boxer out.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son watched a stream and gave me updates.

It was very predictable. Mayweather did little in the early rounds, McGregor got tired and then Mayweather got the tko. Give props to McGregor for lasting 10 rounds but part of that was Mayweather doing his typical early round "feeling" the boxer out.

Im in LA visiting my brother and seeing his newborn. Good lord the hype around this fight was palpable yesterday. Was asked 4 times "who yah got?" at Costco, a surf shop, seafood place on redondo beach pier and a grocery store

Went to my bros in laws for a dinner party last night and his mil decided they needed to order this "game" so she knew what people were talking about in meeting she had monday lol

Seeing as i didnt pay for it, it was fun lol

Connor was throwing all the punches early and it seemed mayweather was undercover trying to stop himself from laughing throughout the early rounds. For sure mcgregor came at him hard but you could see there wasnt much technique there. Mcgregor was the much bigger man. He kept getting mayweather turned around and hitting him with rabbit punches to the back of the head. The ref did nothing and if it was a legit bout i would have thought points would have been taken from mcgregor a couple rounds

Even early you got the sense mayweather was toying with him. At one point he wiped across his brow with his glove as a sign he wasnt even breaking a sweat. By the end of the sixth mcgregors gloves were down around his waist and his legs looked like spaghetti.

Someone at the party had heard early in the week that mayweather was rumoured to be putting big money on himself to win by knockout in a specific round and it kinda looked like what he was doing to be honest although i thought the stoppage was too quick :noidea:

It was fun. They were surprisingly classy to each other at the end. Probably because both knew the other just helped them go home and sleep on a bed of cash lol

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im in LA visiting my brother and seeing his newborn. Good lord the hype around this fight was palpable yesterday. Was asked 4 times "who yah got?" at Costco, a surf shop, seafood place on redondo beach pier and a grocery store

Went to my bros in laws for a dinner party last night and his mil decided they needed to order this "game" so she knew what people were talking about in meeting she had monday lol

Seeing as i didnt pay for it, it was fun lol

Connor was throwing all the punches early and it seemed mayweather was undercover trying to stop himself from laughing throughout the early rounds. For sure mcgregor came at him hard but you could see there wasnt much technique there. Mcgregor was the much bigger man. He kept getting mayweather turned around and hitting him with rabbit punches to the back of the head. The ref did nothing and if it was a legit bout i would have thought points would have been taken from mcgregor a couple rounds

Even early you got the sense mayweather was toying with him. At one point he wiped across his brow with his glove as a sign he wasnt even breaking a sweat. By the end of the sixth mcgregors gloves were down around his waist and his legs looked like spaghetti.

Someone at the party had heard early in the week that mayweather was rumoured to be putting big money on himself to win by knockout in a specific round and it kinda looked like what he was doing to be honest although i thought the stoppage was too quick :noidea:

It was fun. They were surprisingly classy to each other at the end. Probably because both knew the other just helped them go home and sleep on a bed of cash lol

I didn't get into this much detail on the fight since I didn't watch it only got the second hand. What is funny my son said the same thing but he even went a step further and said they both had the same bet going that Mayweather would KO him a specific round.

As for the stoppage I like that McGregor wasn't pissed they stopped it except for the fact he was pissed that they didn't let Mayweather knock him down.

In the grand scheme McGregor won....Got a lot of respect from many folks, made a crap ton of money and can brag he lasted 10 rounds with the arguably the best boxer of this generation.

Sadly though I was really hoping for something closer to the Tyson/Frazier fight with McGregor landing one and knocking Mayweather out cold.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sums up the thoughts of many.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the fight, knew it was a big deal but I hardly had any interest in it. No surprise that Mayweather won it.