• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i cant stop looking at her sometimes lol crazy part is...... shes 23..... Born 1990

Makes me feel good about the things I've accomplished in life, hahaha. I have a year to catch up. She's from the Isle of Man in the UK, which I find fascinating, seeing as my entire heritage on my mother's side is from that little island.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Samantha Barks's voice the best of anyone in the film, I think. The whole time she sang, I was impressed. And I thought Russel Crowe filled his role brilliantly. I could never figure out how I felt about Javert, and I think that's how he should be played. And his voice, while not as brilliant as some of the others, suited the character, I thought.

I loved the dynamic of Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter, too. The Thenardiers were perfectly cast.

I chalk up Samanthas performance to a lifetime of performing in that role. I just think that Anne Hathaway for the first time being Fantine just was mesmerizing. and yes they couldnt have picked a better Thenardiers

Yes, yes, and yes. On My Own was just...ahhhh. So good. I do think from an acting perspective, Crowe was great. Javert is a very tough character to fill. He's caught between what is right in his head and what is right in his heart. He's cold, and the second he sees he may have been wrong his entire life, he kills himself. I do wish that his voice had been better because the suicide scene with a good voice is very moving...that said, this was a MOVIE version. If you want singing, you go to the show. I saw the show about 5 years back in Pittsburgh, and it was great, loved it, but man with THIS plot, it's easy to get lost in the characters, especially since it's an Opera. The Thenardiers were the perfect comedic relief. Also, I just now (thanks to you two) realized that the Bishop was the original Valjean. Mind blown.

Javert is Stoic and by the book very cold and hard. Javert is actually my favourite character and I have seen some brilliant actors on stage peform as him. its hard to cast.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chalk up Samanthas performance to a lifetime of performing in that role. I just think that Anne Hathaway for the first time being Fantine just was mesmerizing. and yes they couldnt have picked a better Thenardiers

Javert is Stoic and by the book very cold and hard. Javert is actually my favourite character and I have seen some brilliant actors on stage peform as him. its hard to cast.

It's hard to cast in a movie, but man on stage. You have to be able to over-act just like any stage show, but how do you overact cold, distant, and stoic? He's such a complex character, and his suicide scene is so hard to portray...just confusion and conflict.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to cast in a movie, but man on stage. You have to be able to over-act just like any stage show, but how do you overact cold, distant, and stoic? He's such a complex character, and his suicide scene is so hard to portray...just confusion and conflict.

did you see the non musical Les Miserable with Liam Neeson and Geoffrey Rush?

While I did enjoy it it was missing so much and I dont mean the music.

by the way the part where Javert places his Medal on Gavroch was a really nice touch

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 away and no one is here. Yes, I know it's EARLY Saturday morning....

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want the thread to go to heaven, we need posts totaling seven...

Status
Not open for further replies.