• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawaiian russell wilson out there. Takes a bad sack for a long loss after scrambling. Then throws a dart for a long td next play. Then cant stop thanking god post game. Lol

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't completely hate the Jay Bruce signing, I just hate that the Mets won't do what they should with him. He should be a first baseman and that's it. Instead he'll go to right field and Conforto will go to center. Making us a train wreck defensively.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jays this off-season took the wrong turn at Albuquerque...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jays this off-season took the wrong turn at Albuquerque...

I'd love to know exactly wtf they're doing. With how the top two teams in the division are shaping up the choices right now are to either go spend like crazy or blow it up. Period. There's really no middle ground and yet it seems like they're trying to create one for themselves.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:canada:

Didnt come out if it unscathed though. Man he always comes out of the fights looking ugly

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is getting a lot of play today in baseball media, especially following Kenley Jansen basically threatening a wildcat strike:

It's almost like veterans going decades sacrificing the wages of young players and international signings and giving teams control of those players for too many years so that they would be able to keep getting fat contracts for their past-prime years was kinda shortsighted, huh.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 100% against the players on that one. There are offers on the table for a bunch of remaining guys, players have been signed to decent contracts this off-season. They're being brats.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is getting a lot of play today in baseball media, especially following Kenley Jansen basically threatening a wildcat strike:

It's almost like veterans going decades sacrificing the wages of young players and international signings and giving teams control of those players for too many years so that they would be able to keep getting fat contracts for their past-prime years was kinda shortsighted, huh.

As crappy as the owners are--and the owners are very, very crappy, so I usually do side with the players--the players kind of made their own bed on this one by catering to their richest members. You're absolutely right, their focus should have been to boos the salaries of the young players making their debuts, and the solid but unspectacular veterans who either take a fraction of their value on the open market, or are left unsigned entirely in favor of worse or less proven but less expensive options.

The players fight tooth and nail against a cap, but a cap gives the opportunity for a floor, and for total revenue sharing to the end of making a truly competitive free agent market. The best players negotiating their first big contracts have to hope they draw the interest of the rich markets if they want to max it out, because no one else can afford it, which is how you end up with both the bargain players and the albatross contracts.

Demand a cap, floor, and total revenue sharing to boost the market for perfectly useful free agents, demand shorter team control periods for young players and more years of salary arbitration. Spread the money out more to negotiate a bigger share.

And for God's sake, take care of the minor leaguers, too, because those kids are treated like absolute crap.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the best case scenario now is Donaldson plays good enough to get a FA offer next winter despite having compensation attached to him and Vladdy comes up for 2019. I’m cool with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.