• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT I need some advice

What do i do?

• Get a Lawyer

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Start a written campign

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let Them handle it

• Just take it

• Other(please state)

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK.

It's getting close to graduation for me (class of 2017) but i'm a little upset.

I'm in a program for people with disabilites called Steps Forward. (STEPS FORWARD THE BC INITIATIVE FOR INCLUSIVE POST SECONDARY EDUCATION (BC-IPSE) ). I know i won't get a degree but this is just BS

I get 2 weeks vacation form Save-on. Got my form on Monday. Figured i'd take a week in January and a week in April(when i'm "graduating') but i didn't know when.

So i asked the 3 women i work with through steps "when is my grad ceremony?"

She told me that i was not invited. That her, the other 2 at UVic and 2 others that run steps provincally (i think but not sold) on working on changing that but it is not looking good.

Here is the big question: I did all of the assignments, all of the exams, all of the work to get this far...............

Now it feels it was all for a waste and i don't know where to turn.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anything about your programs, but................

If you've done all the work and got passing grades and you're graduating why aren't you getting a degree? Or at least some type of Certificate? Why aren't you invited to the Graduation Ceremony? Ask the questions and demand an answer. Sounds like something a good lawyer could create a shitstorm with.

Finally, if you're physically able, go to thye graduation ceremony, walk down the middle of the aisle screeching at the top of your lungs that your disable and the school refuses to recognize your success. I'm sure there will be some liberal media types looking to make a name for themselves and will take the banner for you.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know anything about your programs, but................

If you've done all the work and got passing grades and you're graduating why aren't you getting a degree? Or at least some type of Certificate? Why aren't you invited to the Graduation Ceremony? Ask the questions and demand an answer. Sounds like something a good lawyer could create a shitstorm with.

Finally, if you're physically able, go to thye graduation ceremony, walk down the middle of the aisle screeching at the top of your lungs that your disable and the school refuses to recognize your success. I'm sure there will be some liberal media types looking to make a name for themselves and will take the banner for you.

It's part of the Program. I will receive a completion certificate in Political science (where i would have got my degree in).

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Read the fine print on the program, and it you truly have been wronged,
The media would eat something like this up.

Even the threat of it should rattle some cages.

Caveat... Make absolutely sure you are right first.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have to take the vacation during any specific time? If not, just take it at another time.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw your story on global news ... hope it works out for you :thumb: