• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I love my pet

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 56974
Cat breed poster...with cartoons. Personally I want one of the big breeds: Maine Coon, Norwegian Forest, or Siberian. Beauties, those are.
Used to have a Maine Coon. They get to be pretty big and tend to be pretty smart too.

Nice looking cats, but they shed a TON.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I SO wish I could have a kitty here, I miss having a pet...My building doesn't allow pets though, bastards...

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never did we expect, when we went to the movies in 2000, that we would be coming home with a new family member. Dad and I (12 at the time) agreed that The Patriot was kind of dumb while my sister (7 or 8) and my mom enjoyed watching The Kid.

When we had entered the theater, we had noticed a little yellow furball wandering around the parking lot like she owned the place. A movie theater security guard was keeping one eye on it so no cars ran over it. When we came out, the kitten was still trotting around.

Dad asked the security guard why he didn't take it to the humane society? The security guard replied that he was afraid if no one picked her up, she would be put down.

Dad turned to us with an "Oh fuck" look on his face. We then put on our best poker faces. Ever since our last dog had passed away, dad had gone on about not owning a stray again (Poor Sam had more health problems than you could shake a stick at).

Despite his own words regarding strays and his complete denial of being a cat-person, my sister and I enjoyed the little kitty running all around the backseat on the way home. Due to her origins, we would joke for years afterward that she must have been living off of popcorn.

Today, 16 years later, the security guard's worst fear came true. The fatal injection was administered. There were no other choices remaining.

Despite his denials of being a cat-person and despite all of us referring to her as my sister's cat, she was really dad's cat. He had saved her at the theater. Every time he walked to the kitchen, she would race out from wherever she had been and would jump atop the table so that he would be forced to give her a rubdown before getting himself a beer.

The end has been coming for about a week. I told her to say hi to dad from us.

We lost a good cat today and another tie to the past. R.I.P. Chloe.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never did we expect, when we went to the movies in 2000, that we would be coming home with a new family member. Dad and I (12 at the time) agreed that The Patriot was kind of dumb while my sister (7 or 8) and my mom enjoyed watching The Kid.

When we had entered the theater, we had noticed a little yellow furball wandering around the parking lot like she owned the place. A movie theater security guard was keeping one eye on it so no cars ran over it. When we came out, the kitten was still trotting around.

Dad asked the security guard why he didn't take it to the humane society? The security guard replied that he was afraid if no one picked her up, she would be put down.

Dad turned to us with an "Oh fuck" look on his face. We then put on our best poker faces. Ever since our last dog had passed away, dad had gone on about not owning a stray again (Poor Sam had more health problems than you could shake a stick at).

Despite his own words regarding strays and his complete denial of being a cat-person, my sister and I enjoyed the little kitty running all around the backseat on the way home. Due to her origins, we would joke for years afterward that she must have been living off of popcorn.

Today, 16 years later, the security guard's worst fear came true. The fatal injection was administered. There were no other choices remaining.

Despite his denials of being a cat-person and despite all of us referring to her as my sister's cat, she was really dad's cat. He had saved her at the theater. Every time he walked to the kitchen, she would race out from wherever she had been and would jump atop the table so that he would be forced to give her a rubdown before getting himself a beer.

Sorry man, that really sucks.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a wonderful story. So sad to hear of her passing. I don't look forward to the day I have to put down any of my 3. :pray:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 dogs, they really are great animals, so loyal. One of them celebrated their birthday yesterday