• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I love my pet

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coat is beautiful, except for the fact that the shedding is endless. I pulled a shopping bags worth of hair off of him last spring with a dog comb (in about an hour sitting). I'm not exaggerating; it was incredible amounts of hair.

Luckily, mine has a short coat so he doesn't shed too much.

Here is a better pic maybe:

6571_696355965043_3824170_n.jpg

6571_696355975023_267928_n.jpg

You can see more of the stocky body and block head from the pitbull in these.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have wagered large amounts of money that he was mostly German Shepherd but since we always wondered what he is my wife got me a DNA testing kit for him as a gift last year. The test results came back that he was mostly Siberian Husky (I see that) and standard poodle (wtf?). Hes about 65lbs which I think is a good size but not too big.

I don't think its selfish. I just feel that the people that feel the way you do are some of the best pet owners. I understand the feeling. I cannot imagine what its going to be like when something happens to Rocket. Most of my pets growing up died when I was too little to understand or after I had moved out so I never really dealt with a pet dying.

if i were to get a dog, that's about the size i'd want.. i want a dog real bad, i just dont know how well it'd work in an apt and such

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I get my own home I will get 2 dogs. Not while I am renting, fuck that. I really like the wolf hybrids.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winter is coming.....we know....:rolleyes2::D

lol, nah really though, my Uncle has one, they're very very very protective. I like them a lot. Extremely aware of everything around them.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've wanted one long before I even knew what Game of Thrones was. Asshole. ;)

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're cute as fuck as puppies.

stock-photo-czechoslovakian-wolfdog-puppies-75081691.jpg

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread is really increasing my desire to get a dog.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
lol, nah really though, my Uncle has one, they're very very very protective. I like them a lot. Extremely aware of everything around them.

Shih-tzu's are very close cousins to the wolf. can you imagine how much tail you would get by walking this in the park?
this one is Mayzie's dad, btw

conner_arm_circuito_internacional_de_invierno_5_8663.jpg

connor6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All set with that... Too small, and way too much grooming.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread is really increasing my desire to get a dog.

Make sure you have space and the time for it though. My buddy just bought one, a husky, and he fucking has no time for it. Really pisses me off.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Before Sparky I had a Lab/Pit mix. Talk about loyal and protective. My sons friends would come over all the time, and he'd let them be and be friendly.

Once I asked one of my sons' friends to come over and let him out to go to the bathroom, and Buddy wouldn't let him in the house. He tried to tear him apart. If anyone made a threatening move towards me he'd do the same thing.

Pits are one of the most loyal, protective breeds there is. They just get a bad rap because of bad owners who mistreat them. It's sad and it pisses me off to no end. Especially when I see areas all over trying to pass BSL's (bullshit, err, I mean Breed Specific Legislation).

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shih-tzu's are very close cousins to the wolf. can you imagine how much tail you would get by walking this in the park?
this one is Mayzie's dad, btw

conner_arm_circuito_internacional_de_invierno_5_8663.jpg

connor6.jpg

if he were to talk in that 2nd pic, he'd be saying "i'm a boss".. i have no doubt.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure you have space and the time for it though. My buddy just bought one, a husky, and he fucking has no time for it. Really pisses me off.

ya, i probably dont have either.. which is the problem..

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Sparky I had a Lab/Pit mix. Talk about loyal and protective. My sons friends would come over all the time, and he'd let them be and be friendly.

Once I asked one of my sons' friends to come over and let him out to go to the bathroom, and Buddy wouldn't let him in the house. He tried to tear him apart. If anyone made a threatening move towards me he'd do the same thing.

Pits are one of the most loyal, protective breeds there is. They just get a bad rap because of bad owners who mistreat them. It's sad and it pisses me off to no end. Especially when I see areas all over trying to pass BSL's (bullshit, err, I mean Breed Specific Legislation).

Luckily the movement now is trending toward repealing all of the BSL bullshit (except in maryland where I am moving :mad:). If you have facebook, like or follow Hello Bully. They do tons of promotion and advocacy for Pit Bull rights.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Certain breeds need more attention and owner time than others. Husky's are a working dog and have more energy than you and I both. The problem with a lot of dog owners is they don't do the necessary research when getting certain breeds.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certain breeds need more attention and owner time than others. Husky's are a working dog and have more energy than you and I both. The problem with a lot of dog owners is they don't do the necessary research when getting certain breeds.

Absolutely. My neigbors have a Wheaten Terrier, a very energetic breed, and the family themselves are very slow moving, quiet, generally lazy people that don't take the dog out enough. As a result the dog gets that pent up energy out by barking.

And that husky that the owner doesn't have time for, is going to destroy everything they own. If you don't take a husky out and burn off all that excess energy they will find ways to exert it, mainly by ripping up your furniture.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i were to get a dog, that's about the size i'd want.. i want a dog real bad, i just dont know how well it'd work in an apt and such

There are certain breeds that do well in apartments; greyhound and wolfhounds do well, as long as they get a good daily walk and a run once or twice a week.

I have a greyhound/shepherd mix and he does great living in my townhouse/condo.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing that really bugs me is people that own big dogs in cities. There is a guy down the block from where I work that has a St Bernard in his ground floor apartment. I don't know what the guy does for a living or if he walks this thing all the time (very doubtful based on its gut), but you keep this massive animal in your tiny apartment for how many hours a day? That's just not right.