• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: How I spent my summer vacation?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're taking the kids for their first trip to Disneyland in the last full week of August. Saturday was my sons family birthday party and my bro texted me at the last second that his mother in law was in town from LA and he wanted to see if she could tag along with him and his wife to the party.

i thought ... are you fuckin shittin me?$%$? ... Im gonna have not just my mother in law at this party but you wanna bring your mother in law ??? ... isnt there some sort of rule against this type of thing ... like a maximum number of mother in laws allowed

ENGAGE PERUVIAN LASER CAT OF DEATH

anyways ... She offered up her place in Newport Beach for us to stay for the week when we go to Disneyland and she'll be out of town ... she's a lovely woman :thumb:

Stand down, laser cat.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be doing a lot of community theater again this summer. We're doing "Our Town" again but this time were going to also broach topics like transgendered bathrooms and the dangers of artisanal cheeses.

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding? You talking the dunes up in the Traverse city area?

I only ask because that's where I will be in July. Not going to be doing any fishing, but will be staying on land and riding my bike a lot.

If you get the opportunity and want to checkout another wonderful place while your up that way, go to the Platte River, it's south of Empire, the outlet of the Platte River into Lake Michigan is a natural outlet and a protected wildlife area. Fun to tube in the river and float out into Lake Michigan. North view from the river outlet is the higher elevations of the sleeping bear dunes, sunsets are some of the best on earth.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be doing a lot of community theater again this summer. We're doing "Our Town" again but this time were going to also broach topics like transgendered bathrooms and the dangers of artisanal cheeses.

Lmao!! One of the best posts of all time with a modern twist!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last summer: Disneyland
this summer: Legoland/Universal Studios

Im happy to report that i am 4 for 4 in winning 2 foot sized stuffies at alledgedly RIGGED theme park games in cali over the past 3 years ... all 4 times ... walked right up ... only 1 game ... aces !!!! ... stuffie baller !!! ... the raw exuberance on my kids faces was tempered by the pure hatred on my wifes face each time

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was going to check the reviews online but havent yet ... Walking Dead walk through at Universal ... about as dogshit as the series has become ... very disappointing ... not scary

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was going to check the reviews online but havent yet ... Walking Dead walk through at Universal ... about as dogshit as the series has become ... very disappointing ... not scary

Stupid lawyers preventing physical contact that would enhance the fear factor!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid lawyers preventing physical contact that would enhance the fear factor!

yep ...true ... there is a halloween haunted house put on at a farm in these parts that just blows the universal "ride" away ... its probably because there is variety of horror options for them to scare the bejeezus out of you there as opposed to just expecting a zombie (and another zombie ... and another zombie) to just pop out at you at Universal :noidea:

I just think they could do a lot more ... seemed like they cheaped out and tried to milk a very popular (once) cash cow :noidea:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think they could do a lot more ... seemed like they cheaped out and tried to milk a very popular (once) cash cow :noidea:

Yeah, Universal's Walking Dead and Disney's Avatar - get ready to experience 2010 all over again!!

I personally can't wait for Sea World's new Breakfast Club revival starring Adele and adelie penguins!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get ready to experience 2010 all over again!!
Don't forget the Maple Leafs ride:

latest

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Universal's Walking Dead and Disney's Avatar - get ready to experience 2010 all over again!!

I personally can't wait for Sea World's new Breakfast Club revival starring Adele and adelie penguins!

I know there have been sequels but couldnt help but wonder how many kids on the Jurassic Park ride knew what Jurassic Park was ... from the Jurassic period to many, i reckon :thumb:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep ...true ... there is a halloween haunted house put on at a farm in these parts that just blows the universal "ride" away ... its probably because there is variety of horror options for them to scare the bejeezus out of you there as opposed to just expecting a zombie (and another zombie ... and another zombie) to just pop out at you at Universal :noidea:

If we cannot think of anything exciting to do for vacation, or if we want to save money my wife and I will go to the mountains of western MD. The mountain people put on one of the better haunted houses I have ever been in as an adult. The only reason we did it was because we wanted to ride the mountain coaster (gravity powered single car rollercoaster) and could do both for one low cost. Well designed and planned and I actually got a bit scared when I had to go through something I had not before. What looked like a dead end wall was actually two inflatable walls up against each other that one had to squeeze through to get out. I cried a bit on the way home.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cannot think of anything exciting to do for vacation, or if we want to save money my wife and I will go to the mountains of western MD. The mountain people put on one of the better haunted houses I have ever been in as an adult. The only reason we did it was because we wanted to ride the mountain coaster (gravity powered single car rollercoaster) and could do both for one low cost. Well designed and planned and I actually got a bit scared when I had to go through something I had not before. What looked like a dead end wall was actually two inflatable walls up against each other that one had to squeeze through to get out. I cried a bit on the way home.

Bring back your deep memories of being birthed comeds?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back your deep memories of being birthed comeds?
I don't think so, because of my abnormally large head (for my age, I grew into it) I was delivered via C-section. Because of that my mother's motorcycle magazine modeling days ended abruptly. She hasn't forgiven me for that yet.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't do much this summer. No family vacation or anything. Just stayed around and took long weekends. Fixed up the house. Put in a new floor in the family room and loft.

Son played summer league where he finished 6-1 with a 1.66 GAA and 2 shutties. Daughter did track. I rode my bike a lot. Spent a lot of time at the pool.

Next year, I want to go to England. And perhaps stay.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so, because of my abnormally large head (for my age, I grew into it) I was delivered via C-section. Because of that my mother's motorcycle magazine modeling days ended abruptly. She hasn't forgiven me for that yet.

Pics or gtfo...

...?

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"If I do improve and make a BIG change... would you be, I mean could you be..."

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from several local camping trips on the weekends, there were no grand adventures for me this summer. Saving time for that honeymoon.

But what is y'alls excuse? Show us some summer vacay photos and share your stories! Summer is almost over...

tenor.gif