• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Euro 2012 pool

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant tell if youre shitting me esls lol

where would you want it to start at? hopefully the group stage? possibly doable especially if my brother does a money pool and i can cut and paste everything he comes up with on to here :thumb:

any earlier would be tough on everyone ... ie who's gonna win the first qualifying round game coming up between Linfield versus B36 ... wha?

Try setting up an Europa league pool.

I was being semi serious. It would have to be from the group stages or even the knockout stages.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spain win eliminates jeffsly

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I am understanding the scores, I have this if the krauts can win it all?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I am understanding the scores, I have this if the krauts can win it all?

yup, that'll give you the crown

I win if:
a)germany beats italy tomorrow and spain beats germany in the finals or
b)italy beats germany tomorrow and spain beats italy in the finals

best blindbaby can do is finish tied for first (with me) ... if italy wins v germany tomorrow and italy wins v spain in the finals

/id take the tie :thumb:

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if Italy beats Germany, or if Spain wins the Euro then I beat Mattola.

:D

mooger_35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So best case scenario for me is that Italy beats Germany and Spain beats Italy. That puts me in 2nd with 280pts (trailing Jstew with 284pts). After the 0fer I started with, I'll take it.

Worst case scenario sees Germany beating Italy and Spain and I finish 6th (51pts behind mattola) and I get to hear about it for awhile. :)

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup, that'll give you the crown

I win if:
a)germany beats italy tomorrow and spain beats germany in the finals or
b)italy beats germany tomorrow and spain beats italy in the finals

best blindbaby can do is finish tied for first (with me) ... if italy wins v germany tomorrow and italy wins v spain in the finals

/id take the tie :thumb:

If I was Italian, I would certainly take the tie. That said, a tie for me at this point would be a great fate.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So best case scenario for me is that Italy beats Germany and Spain beats Italy. That puts me in 2nd with 280pts (trailing Jstew with 284pts). After the 0fer I started with, I'll take it.

Worst case scenario sees Germany beating Italy and Spain and I finish 6th (51pts behind mattola) and I get to hear about it for awhile. :)

a long long while :D

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some match facts before this afternoon's game.

MATCH FACTS

These two sides have met 30 times in their history: Italy lead by 14 wins to seven, with nine draws completing the record.

Italy have never lost against the Germans in a competitive game: three wins and four draws (including two games played at the Euros, in 1988, 1-1 and 1996, 0-0).

The Azzurri are unbeaten in their last five games against Germany, winning three times and drawing twice.

Italy have failed to make it to the finals only in two of the 10 semi-final games they’ve played at major tournaments (a 0-2 loss v USSR at Euro 1988, and a 3-4 defeat on penalties v Argentina at the 1990 World Cup, after a 1-1 draw).

Germany have played in a semi-final in a major competition 17 times so far, making it to the final on 11 occasions.

Germany are the only side to have won each of their four games at Euro 2012. They have now won their last 15 competitive games – an all-time record in DFB history.

The Germans have scored in each of their last 20 games (51 goals in total).

Germany boast the best attack at Euro 2012 (nine goals scored) while Italy have the second-best defence (two goals conceded).

Italy have netted just four goals so far – no other side have reached the semi-finals scoring so few goals at the Euros since 1996.

Six of Italy’s last seven goals at the Euros have come from set-pieces, whereas 11 of Germany’s last 12 have come from open play.

Italy have attempted the most shots so far at Euro 2012 (59), and only Cristiano Ronaldo (22) has mustered more shots than Mario Balotelli (14).

Germany’s last seven goals at Euro 2012 have been scored by seven different players, while no Italian player has scored more than one.

In the quarter-final match against Greece, Miroslav Klose has score his 64th goal in his 120th cap for Germany and he is now just four strikes away from Gerd Mueller’s record of 68 goals for the Mannschaft.

Germany have conceded, on average, only nine fouls per game, fewer than any other side at Euro 2012, while Hummels and Khedira are the only outfield players to have played four full games without conceding a single foul.

Italy have fired over the most accurate crosses from open play so far at Euro 2012 (17).

Some interesting facts there.

Would love to see Klose get the record....always liked his play and 64 goals in 120 caps isn't too shabby either.

edit/I'm not going to say who I'm cheering for since this whole euro my picks haven't been that great. Also me cheering yesterday for Portugal turned out a bust.
So I will keep it to myself and not disrupt the powers that be for you superstitious fans. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm praying u tie for the win blindbaby

mooger_35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jstew wins regardless now. Spain wins and it's an outright win. Italy and he ties blindbaby for the win.

I'm either 2nd with a Spain victory or 3rd with Italy winning.

And I'm ahead of mattola in both scenarios. :) I gave you a few more minutes this time.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Italy can pull this out? Still a little early to be drinking isn't it?

Big fat meh to that one ...even though the cafe I watched this game at was a licensed establishment

Spain still hasn't figured out their forward situation. Italy took the game to them at certain points in their group opener. If anyone wants to call Spain "rolling" to victory,I'd enjoy that

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fat meh to that one ...even though the cafe I watched this game at was a licensed establishment

Spain still hasn't figured out their forward situation. Italy took the game to them at certain points in their group opener. If anyone wants to call Spain "rolling" to victory,I'd enjoy that

After watching Italy take out Germany today in pretty much fine fashion, I really doubt that there are too many people (besides some Spain fan boys) that think Spain will "roll" to victory.

I took Italy to win it all at the start and I haven't really deviated much from that position. I'd say it's about even money as to who wins on Sunday.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jstew wins regardless now. Spain wins and it's an outright win. Italy and he ties blindbaby for the win.

I'm either 2nd with a Spain victory or 3rd with Italy winning.

And I'm ahead of mattola in both scenarios. :) I gave you a few more minutes this time.

no_angry_rage_face_rageface_meme_comic_flyer-p244184368905441403b73co_400.jpg