• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: ESPN Layoffs

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN laid off about 100 employees today including NHL personalities, two of them being Scott Burnside and Pierre LeBrun.

Pierre Lebrun among layoffs on ugly day at ESPN | Toronto Star

Never really had an opinion of LeBrun one way or another, I enjoyed reading his stuff. Burnside, good riddance - he was so out of touch a lot of the time with the game it was hard to fathom how this man was a writer for a name like ESPN.

Wrong predictions a majority of the time because he based his stuff on feelings and not balance. I'm sure there is a spot for him somewhere, like US Magazine or Vanity Fair.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has been going downhill for years. They did a good job with NHL coverage back in the day. When they decided they'd make more money showing re-runs of poker tournaments compared to hockey, it was all over.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I hope they fired Melrose.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Melrose. Always reps the west coast and LA, which is rare.

I'll always be mad at him for the way he screwed up the Kings. Keep demanding they trade good players for big, not-so-good players. The giveaway of Tomas Sandstrom was beyond ridiculous, for instance. There's a reason he had trouble getting a job after the Kings canned him.