• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Coming Soon!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally saw Black Panther, and it was awesome.

Now I'm ready to go see Infinity Wars. I just need to have friends again to go with. Or not. I'll go alone again.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Saw Avengers today. Outstanding. I can be pretty critical of the Marvel formula at times, but this felt like a homerun; don't really understand some of the "meh" reviews other than Marvel exhaustion. It had a "Return of the King" feel to it, if I can compare to another blockbuster; tons of shit happening, and every hero coming together in a desperate battle.

Is this a spoiler-safe place? Or should I be using some sort of spoiler tag for discussions? Who else has seen it?
don't spoil in here, as it is a general movie thread.
make new thread it you'd like? haven't been able to talk about it with many folks. kind of have a hankering to.

in general terms, i thought most of the movie itself was good, not great. Humour was very good
A lot of it felt like just one plot device after another just to bring teams together.

until all hell broke loose. then it was jaw dropping, and i don't use that term lightly.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't spoil in here, as it is a general movie thread.
make new thread it you'd like? haven't been able to talk about it with many folks. kind of have a hankering to.

in general terms, i thought most of the movie itself was good, not great. Humour was very good
A lot of it felt like just one plot device after another just to bring teams together.

until all hell broke loose. then it was jaw dropping, and i don't use that term lightly.
Is it satisfying as a standalone movie or does it have to be viewed as part of two? I haven't seen it but have heard some stuff and it kind of sounds like the end is
a downer

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Is it satisfying as a standalone movie or does it have to be viewed as part of two? I haven't seen it but have heard some stuff and it kind of sounds like the end is
a downer

just in case, though not giving anything away
theater was dead silent when movie ended

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a downer

Finkle IS Einhorn! [Spoilertag]

Hope I did that right.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally saw Black Panther, and it was awesome.

Now I'm ready to go see Infinity Wars. I just need to have friends again to go with. Or not. I'll go alone again.

Go see it! The Avengers are your friends now. Or the guardians of the galaxy, they seem more fun.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
biopic huh. ambitious subject. don't fuck it up
and there had better be midgets with trays of cocaine.

DdHss3dX0AABgXZ.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Fox, great move adding Seann William Scott to Lethal Weapon! I'll be sure to tune in now.

Add Toni Collette and you have must see TV!

#AddToniCollette

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not exactly coming soon, since it just got canceled after the third season, but I would highly recommend Hap & Leonard to anyone who hasn't seen it. Six episode seasons with great acting and an interesting take on various social issues.

First two seasons are on Netflix.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not exactly coming soon, since it just got canceled after the third season, but I would highly recommend Hap & Leonard to anyone who hasn't seen it. Six episode seasons with great acting and an interesting take on various social issues.

First two seasons are on Netflix.
I liked it too. Both actors were great and good together.

Pretty fun books too.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really liked The Terror, very well done, various levels of "terror".

The Terror Season 2 Story: AMC Could Tackle These Mysteries

Would love to see Dyatlov Pass in season 2 (assuming there is a season 2). That incident fascinates me.
Several of those would make for interesting shows, but I'm not quite sure how they could frame it as season 2 of The Terror. Wouldn't it have to be a wholly new show when it's not based on the book of the same name, doesn't feature any of the same characters, and is missing the namesake ship?