• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Coming Soon!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
saw a sneak preview of Pete's Dragon tonight.
really good visually. standard Disney story. recommend for kids.
my daughter cried through most of it

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a fan of The Night Of finale. Maybe a little predictable but still good.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a fan of The Night Of finale. Maybe a little predictable but still good.
The whole thing with the lawyer kissing the kid was dumb. It served no purpose in the end anyway, what was the point? To show that young female lawyers are idiots and slutty? That they don't take their careers seriously?

Also, even if the kid was the most obvious suspect, the police didn't even bother to check for a boyfriend? And neither did the kid's defence team that unearthed suspects like the guy named after the pharmacy and a random hearse driver at a gas station?

I get that the point of the show was to show the justice system at work, with all of its flaws, but it could lend a little more credence to 21st century detective work. Even half-decent investigators don't miss stuff like that.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My praise for The Night Of kinda pulled back in the last 3 episodes for different reasons (some of what BBB said). Thought it became too much like "Law and Order" episodes :noidea:

We probably all are guilty of trying to find or point out the next great show but in the end I dont think this should be on that type of list :noidea:

/on that note ... anyone watch "The Night Manager" ? watched 4 episodes on the plane and liked it lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My praise for The Night Of kinda pulled back in the last 3 episodes for different reasons (some of what BBB said). Thought it became too much like "Law and Order" episodes :noidea:

We probably all are guilty of trying to find or point out the next great show but in the end I dont think this should be on that type of list :noidea:

/on that note ... anyone watch "The Night Manager" ? watched 4 episodes on the plane and liked it lol
Night Manager was a good watch. It also has the British 6 episode limit to it, which IMO makes every show better.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole thing with the lawyer kissing the kid was dumb. It served no purpose in the end anyway, what was the point? To show that young female lawyers are idiots and slutty? That they don't take their careers seriously?

Also, even if the kid was the most obvious suspect, the police didn't even bother to check for a boyfriend? And neither did the kid's defence team that unearthed suspects like the guy named after the pharmacy and a random hearse driver at a gas station?

I get that the point of the show was to show the justice system at work, with all of its flaws, but it could lend a little more credence to 21st century detective work. Even half-decent investigators don't miss stuff like that.

These were my complaints as well, a few plot devices were just a little too convenient/stupid/suspending belief. The 2 you mention here were my biggest issues.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The return of Mel. The reviews are saying candidate for award season, curious to see if Hollywood has forgiven him.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 4 season 2 narcos "the good, the bad and the dead" was probably the best episode of any series ive watched in 2016. An all-timer in my books

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the first episode of Westworld was incredible, I'm completely hooked.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Episode 4 season 2 narcos "the good, the bad and the dead" was probably the best episode of any series ive watched in 2016. An all-timer in my books
just blasted though season 2 in two nights. so so good.
and interesting how many ways 'puta' can be translated.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the first episode of Westworld was incredible, I'm completely hooked.

Same. Posted a blurb in the entertainment forum. The movie fascinated/freaked the shit out of me as a kid and yul brynner haunted my dreams (lol). Ed harris might do the same

Btw ... Whaddya think ...
man in black will end up being a robot/host or naw?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same. Posted a blurb in the entertainment forum. The movie fascinated/freaked the shit out of me as a kid and yul brynner haunted my dreams (lol). Ed harris might do the same

Btw ... Whaddya think ...
man in black will end up being a robot/host or naw?

My initial thought is he is some sort of rival of Anthony Hopkins and the company (And they are unaware). He's trying to figure everything out about the technology, how it functions etc. and if he happens to sabotage it from the inside that's a bonus for him.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone catch the Amanda Knox doc on Netflix? Thought it was pretty well done. A quick 90 minutes but still good.

I need another show to watch until TWD kicks back up.....I'm assuming Westworld should be it???

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone catch the Amanda Knox doc on Netflix? Thought it was pretty well done. A quick 90 minutes but still good.

I need another show to watch until TWD kicks back up.....I'm assuming Westworld should be it???

I saw that pop up last night as i went to watch Luke Cage ... I knew about it beforehand solely because all my cousins on facebook (from italy) have been posting about it

amazing how one country can think she got away with murder and another thinks she is completely innocent yet both think 100% the Italian legal system is corrupt lol

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that pop up last night as i went to watch Luke Cage ... I knew about it beforehand solely because all my cousins on facebook (from italy) have been posting about it

amazing how one country can think she got away with murder and another thinks she is completely innocent yet both think 100% the Italian legal system is corrupt lol
The whole thing was strange. Thoroughly enjoyable documentary though. Italians hate her. Brits probably too!

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'v got to say if that passes for Michael Jackson, then I just might get into the bank robbery business.

/witnesses describe the bandit as wearing a Michael Jackson disguise - yeah, this just might work