• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Coming Soon!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok - pop quiz time.
what was the worst movie you ever saw?

mine as Stir of Echoes (Kevin Bacon).
I would have walked out, if I hadn't have been watching it on an airplane.
(trues story, back in the day when you had a choice of one movie)
I saw 3/4ths of a movie called Intersection starring Richard Gere and Sharon Stone...it was awful

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stranger Things was great, just finished it last night. Lots of nostalgia, brings back some good childhood memories. Strong King/Spielberg vibes as has been hammered on by like every reviewer.

Watched the first two last night. I like it a lot so far.

The bikes with headlights and the kids biking home made me nostalgic. Kids just going out and playing just doesn't really happen anymore. I do not have any kids (skee-ball accident senior week) so I cannot answer whether I would feel comfortable letting my 12 year old ride his bike a home from a friend's house in the dark, but I did it and I turned out mostly OK.

I like the kid without teeth, he's pretty funny so far. I also like the titles and credits which would have been cutting edge in the early 80s.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the first two last night. I like it a lot so far.

The bikes with headlights and the kids biking home made me nostalgic. Kids just going out and playing just doesn't really happen anymore. I do not have any kids (skee-ball accident senior week) so I cannot answer whether I would feel comfortable letting my 12 year old ride his bike a home from a friend's house in the dark, but I did it and I turned out mostly OK.

I like the kid without teeth, he's pretty funny so far. I also like the titles and credits which would have been cutting edge in the early 80s.

Yeah, major nostalgia factor. There's a scene where the kids are on bikes making use of neighbourhood shortcuts that hit home perfectly.

Just finished last night and I gotta say, everything was pitch perfect. Not a bad character or episode, and it all built masterfully. The kind of blurred the line between homage and ripoff but it was all so sincere and endearing I don't think it mattered. I mean, there's major Steven King and Spielberg influences, not to mention Clive Barker, Carpenter, some Aliens references, etc... but those are thematic references; the characters were the soul and they all felt honest and unique.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, major nostalgia factor. There's a scene where the kids are on bikes making use of neighbourhood shortcuts that hit home perfectly.

Just finished last night and I gotta say, everything was pitch perfect. Not a bad character or episode, and it all built masterfully. The kind of blurred the line between homage and ripoff but it was all so sincere and endearing I don't think it mattered. I mean, there's major Steven King and Spielberg influences, not to mention Clive Barker, Carpenter, some Aliens references, etc... but those are thematic references; the characters were the soul and they all felt honest and unique.

I plan to watch a couple more tonight. The clubhouse in the woods and just playing in the woods reminded me of being a kid too. Sure, at times we'd find a bag of **** or bottle of booze, but for the most part the stuff we did in the woods was just childish fun stuff.

Stephen King felt like an influence but seemed OK with it.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a feeling the kids will have long careers in hollywood. So well acted

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished stranger things last night. Very bingeworthy and enjoyable

Mathew modine is saying there will be a "season" 2. How? lol. I guess ... There is some stuff left hanging :noidea:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished stranger things last night. Very bingeworthy and enjoyable

Mathew modine is saying there will be a "season" 2. How? lol. I guess ... There is some stuff left hanging :noidea:

Well you have Eleven apparently still alive, you have Will Byers who puked up some slug and had a brief glimpse back into the Upside Down. I'd love some more of this purely for the acting, I just hope they don't ruin it with going over the top or being too repetitive.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda wish "The night of" was on netflix so i could binge watch it instead of having to wait lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda wish "The night of" was on netflix so i could binge watch it instead of having to wait lol
I'm just waiting for the day week-to-week programming is long dead and seasons are released at once.

Until then, I'll wait until it finishes airing so I can watch em all at once.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you have Eleven apparently still alive, you have Will Byers who puked up some slug and had a brief glimpse back into the Upside Down. I'd love some more of this purely for the acting, I just hope they don't ruin it with going over the top or being too repetitive.
They'll do a second season, and it'll probably suck. Which is a shame, because the first season was rather enjoyable.

I know someone said it was Stephen King-esque, but I think it had so many elements of Spielberg films. I just kept thinking about The Goonies the whole time.

Reactions: SLY

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok - pop quiz time.
what was the worst movie you ever saw?

mine as Stir of Echoes (Kevin Bacon).
I would have walked out, if I hadn't have been watching it on an airplane.
(trues story, back in the day when you had a choice of one movie)
Nothing But Trouble. Jesus Christ that was an abomination.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll do a second season, and it'll probably suck. Which is a shame, because the first season was rather enjoyable.

I know someone said it was Stephen King-esque, but I think it had so many elements of Spielberg films. I just kept thinking about The Goonies the whole time.

Early on, I kept thinking ET and the Goonies. But there was definitely some IT and Stand By Me influence as well. And towards the end, it felt more like a King novel brought to life.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early on, I kept thinking ET and the Goonies. But there was definitely some IT and Stand By Me influence as well. And towards the end, it felt more like a King novel brought to life.

just a tidbit ... for the auditions, directors/producers had the child actors read lines from Stand by me

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
saw ghostbusters.
wife wanted to support the ladies after all of the backlash they received.

meh. no matter who was in it, it was meh.
the reason the first one worked is that it was something different.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch Silicon Valley? It took me about 3 weeks but the wife and I binged watched and finished all 3 seasons. Really good show, well written and funny.