• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Coming Soon!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Hardy as Bane barely but still better than Heath as Joker.

I know it seems sacrilegious to say but when you think about the complexities of the character, it is possible.

Playing a psycho is easy.

Playing Bane and the complexities that it involves, and considering the sympathetic villain aspect is much harder and Hardy nailed it.

(I am not taking anything away from Ledger either, as they both were insanely good)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Heath as Joker and his performance. however I believe it amplified everyones emotions on just how good it was with his death before seeing the movie. Oscar worthy? Yes... Debatable? Yes...

Tom Hardy as Bane was better to me as well now that I have thought about it. Everything from his body language to his eyes. Hard to fucking perform without seeing the mouth. He was excellent. I cant fucking believe THIS was Tom Hardy

star-trek-nemesis-tom-hardy_288x288.jpg

Tom Hardy as Bane barely but still better than Heath as Joker.

I know it seems sacrilegious to say but when you think about the complexities of the character, it is possible.

Playing a psycho is easy.

Playing Bane and the complexities that it involves, and considering the sympathetic villain aspect is much harder and Hardy nailed it.

(I am not taking anything away from Ledger either, as they both were insanely good)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bane as a character is just so much more grand and complex. Add in Hardy's ability to sell it with facial expressions while half his face is covered up and his shrugging, and body language and it is epic. Also add in the fact he was a whopping 5;8" and 190 lbs at the time but cokes across as 6'3" and 250 pounds and it is just so well done.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. Joker > Bane.

That last movie was poorly done. Fight scenes sucked. Bane's voice was way over the top.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His death has no influence on my decision, believe me.

Tom Hardy is awesome and did well, but Heath played a much better villain.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought DKR was highly overrated, the worst of the trilogy. Tom Hardy was solid, although if he had 100 lines the audience understood 20 of them. Crazy to say about a comic book movie, but it was too over the top at times. The Bat Plane sucked, it was much more predictable than the other 2. It was highly entertaining and I enjoyed it, but I don't put it on par with the first 2 (Then again I'm in the minority that believes Batman Begins was the best of the 3).

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. Joker > Bane.

That last movie was poorly done. Fight scenes sucked. Bane's voice was way over the top.

I agree on the fight scenes they showed me how tired Bale and Nolan were of the series

I enjoyed Banes voice

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the fight scenes they showed me how tired Bale and Nolan were of the series

I enjoyed Banes voice

His voice was great, it was the actual mix in the production that was horrible. He didn't even sound like he was in the same room as others talking, sounded like he should be narrating. It was awful.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still contend that it is not that hard to play a psycho whom nobody likes and has to sell nothing.

Ledger did it well, for sure, but it was just an easier role.

Both of them pass the most important test of an actor though.

When i watched both movies, I never once saw Heath ledger or Tom Hardy. I saw Joker and Bane. THAT is the true test of an actor.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was much more spotlight on Joker than Bane. I def thnk Joker was the harder role.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect description 46 I agree

I see what you mean Jeff on the voice it was badly done in some scenes

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still contend that it is not that hard to play a psycho whom nobody likes and has to sell nothing.

Ledger did it well, for sure, but it was just an easier role.

Both of them pass the most important test of an actor though.

When i watched both movies, I never once saw Heath ledger or Tom Hardy. I saw Joker and Bane. THAT is the true test of an actor.

This gets overlooked far too often. It is why I don't consider Denzel a great actor or why I can never take Justin Timberlake seriously in a movie. I just see them.

I agree to an extent it is easy to play crazy, but the mannerisms that Heath Ledger added to the Joker is what gives him the nod over Tom Hardy in my opinion. Both were fun characters and did a good job.