• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Natalie Wood's drowning now investigated as a 'suspicious death' - CNN

Her body was found, covered in bruises and they didn't think about that for a few years before essentially shrugging and changing the cause of death. Then 30 years after he death, they re-open the case when it is found out there were *other* people on that boat.

hE4AEC7E0

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official: that thing you previously suspected is 100% true.

After years of rumours and speculation, Tetris released a statement this morning finally admitting to withholding the long, straight block pieces on purpose at the exact moment you needed them the most.

"I honestly can't believe this. But I am not surprised in the least," says Hannah McGuire, 36, longtime Tetris player. "Giant companies like that always have a nefarious agenda."

In the short and confident public statement, a spokesperson stated: "We at Tetris are driven to delivering the best experience when it comes to digital assorting, and with that goal in mind we regretfully admit that we purposefully limited the dispersion of long blocks in times of great need to increase cortisol levels in your brain, therefore making you a better Tetris player."

The statement continued: "Life is hard, it doesn't come with cheat codes, and neither should games. We apologize for any inconvenience we caused by deliberately causing you inconvenience."

Tetris admits to deliberately withholding long, straight pieces to teach you lesson | CBC Comedy

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LONDON (Reuters) - An English pub has canceled a charity snail race scheduled to take place on Saturday after unseasonably icy weather made potential competitors too slow to compete.

“The cold snap has led to a medical problem with our racing snails - it’s called hibernation,” the Dartmoor Union Inn in southwest England said on its Facebook page.

Temperatures across much of Europe are below normal for the time of year, and British weather forecasters have warned of bitterly cold winds and snow that could disrupt transport and cut off rural communities over the coming week.

England’s public health authority said on Friday the prolonged cold weather posed a danger to elderly people and young children if they could not heat their homes.

The Dartmoor Union Inn said it planned to reschedule what it had billed as “The 1st International Snail Grand National”, in aid of a local air ambulance service, once the weather warms up.

English pub scraps snail race as cold makes competitors sluggish

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone here have one of those newfangled air-fryers or insta-pot cookers?

Looking for recommendations, things to consider that you hadn't thought of before you got it, etc.

Feel free to share recipes also. Around 3/4ths of the meals I eat are chicken based.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking for recommendations, things to consider that you hadn't thought of before you got it, etc.

Feel free to share recipes also. Around 3/4ths of the meals I eat are chicken based.
I've got both and since we got them our cooking has changed. We have the tfal actifry and the instant pot ip-duo80 the acti fry is great for chicken and fries and onion rings with one tablespoon of canola oil and there is usually about half left over. The instant pot is so good for cooking fast and delicious tons of recipes and all really really good.. I recommend both

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll.post some.recipes later. That acti.fry makes the best wings I've ever made

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got both and since we got them our cooking has changed. We have the tfal actifry and the instant pot ip-duo80 the acti fry is great for chicken and fries and onion rings with one tablespoon of canola oil and there is usually about half left over. The instant pot is so good for cooking fast and delicious tons of recipes and all really really good.. I recommend both

That's what I wanted to hear. I was looking at them and thinking if it did all that it says it does, it would make a huge change in the way I do things.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I wanted to hear. I was looking at them and thinking if it did all that it says it does, it would make a huge change in the way I do things.

One of the most amazing items for the instant pot is making everything at once

Spaghetti and meat sauce all at once

Roast beef, potatoes, gravy and veggies at once...

In half the time

Also perfect hard boiled eggs in 3 mins

We made lava cakes in it last night. Incredible

Just the best

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I

LOVE

THIS

THING!

Wings:
Rinse and dry wings, use some salt, pepper, chipotle seasoning. I did not use flour as the wife likes her wings naked.

Cook wings for 24 minutes at 380F
Shake regularly (every five or so minutes), or they will stick together.

Once finished, cook wings for additional 6 minutes at 400F to crispen up.

Toss in Frank's red hot sauce, combined with melted butter. The more butter you put in, the milder the sauce will be. I didn't use a lot of butter.

Dang good wings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.