• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Blake Really Did Suck The Second Time Around

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always felt he just collected a check here to the tune of $12 million over the two years he was here a decade ago because he goes to SJ and then shows he can play again.

Never was a fan of his to begin with but after that stunt he really irritated me. Dumbo confirms what I was thinking, finally.

The relation is Iginla and what a change of scenery can do for a player who is close to retirement and put in a position to win:

But I always go back to Rob Blake, and I said this at the time Blakey was here when I first got here. We weren’t a very good team, and quite frankly, Blakey wasn’t very good, either. So a guy of his stature who’s always played on competitive teams won a Stanley Cup in Colorado, tries to come back to L.A., and as a lot of you people saw at the time, we had some gong shows going as we were building it, and he wasn’t very good. It looked like he was done. But if a great player who…[sees] a light at the end of the tunnel, it’s like, well, yeah, you can say he still loves to play the game. But they play to win at that stage. And then when Blakey went to San Jose, and they had a really good team, he was one of their best players, and you would’ve never said that from watching him. So what you’re hoping, too, is that taking him out of there, giving him a fresh start, and having a chance to win again hopefully ignites him very similar to I think what happened to Blakey.

Caught between buyers and sellers, Lombardi articulates reasoning of Iginla trade - LA Kings Insider

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reason I remember him the second time around was because he sucked