• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: OSU vs Sparty It's showtime in the Shoe

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. We are 13 pt favorites going in. What does Vegas have that we don't know? I realize Connor Cook has a bad shoulder, but is it this bad? I also see the playbook coming out in this game. Brax taking reps along with JT, just my gut here. Thoughts?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spreads have confused me all year long for us. 13 seems high. Gameday coming to town. Gonna be a great atmosphere and game

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah spreads have been too high almost all year

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't bet that spread, but it doesn't surprise me. MSU struggles to run the ball, and Burbridge is ~40% of their passing game. It sounds like Cook is going to be ready to play, but who know's what % he'll be at, or how he'll hold up if he gets dropped on that shoulder again. They haven't been very good on the road, and for what it's worth, they're actually worse AtS than we are.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah spreads have been too high almost all year

Most of the games they were. Couple of exceptions I thought they were way too low. Illinois being a prime example.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the games they were. Couple of exceptions I thought they were way too low. Illinois being a prime example.
Yeah Illinois is that team that's bad but have won enough games that people aren't sure what to think of them because most haven't watched them play a game

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the game in which we see many new things come into play for the first time this season imo. I think we see the playbook open up for Brax, the OL will look like the OL from last season during the playoff run, and I predict that the defense will shut the door down early in this game and Conner Cook will be a non-factor. I'm starting to feel more comfortable about the 13 points. I think the Buckeyes roll in this game. Urbs to me seems pretty confident in this team. He doesn't seem to send off any nervous vibes if you know what I mean? One game at a time and stay focus, this is what Urbs has this team doing. JT's issues are now behind.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be the game in which we see many new things come into play for the first time this season imo. I think we see the playbook open up for Brax, the OL will look like the OL from last season during the playoff run, and I predict that the defense will shut the door down early in this game and Conner Cook will be a non-factor. I'm starting to feel more comfortable about the 13 points. I think the Buckeyes roll in this game. Urbs to me seems pretty confident in this team. He doesn't seem to send off any nervous vibes if you know what I mean? One game at a time and stay focus, this is what Urbs has this team doing. JT's issues are now behind.

I sure hope you are right. Will be very interesting to see how much difference there is between this game and the rest of the season

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world is there only 7 posts on perhaps the biggest game thus far?:L This is senior day folks and Brax's last game in the Shoe. Wake up bitches!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A part of me wants to think Urbs and this offensive scheme has been holding back some for these final 2 games. They need good o-line play and steady dose of Zeke, Brax involved somehow but not forced. And something they shouldnt be afraid to do is throw downfield if they have opportunities or maybe the offense struggles at times, seems like the thing they are missing from this offense.
Defense just keep doing what you are doing. They will have two tough matchups on the outside with two very talented MSU wide receivers. Also, they need to pressure Cook and dont let up. Hit him hard and make him feel uncomfortable all night.

GO BUCKEYES!!!

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A part of me wants to think Urbs and this offensive scheme has been holding back some for these final 2 games. They need good o-line play and steady dose of Zeke, Brax involved somehow but not forced. And something they shouldnt be afraid to do is throw downfield if they have opportunities or maybe the offense struggles at times, seems like the thing they are missing from this offense.
Defense just keep doing what you are doing. They will have two tough matchups on the outside with two very talented MSU wide receivers. Also, they need to pressure Cook and dont let up. Hit him hard and make him feel uncomfortable all night.

GO BUCKEYES!!!
To be honest, this game does not worry me a bit. MSU is not the same team as years past. Cook is banged up and has less playmakers than he has had in the past. The defense is no where near as good as they have been in the past. The scUM game has me a bit nervous. I'll be in Ohio watching the game with my in-laws. Hopefully we will be celebrating rather than throwing remotes across the room.:suds:

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like the beginning of the season again with this weekend coming up

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good season (not really). Playoff hopes are basically done after that. Offense never came together, not sure if it's b/c of the new OC or the QB fuck up but all that talent fucking squandered.

10 wins vs cupcakes and then the big boys come to town without Connor fucking Cook and beat us.

fuck it all

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassed is the best way to describe how I feel right now

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good season (not really). Playoff hopes are basically done after that. Offense never came together, not sure if it's b/c of the new OC or the QB fuck up but all that talent fucking squandered.

10 wins vs cupcakes and then the big boys come to town without Connor fucking Cook and beat us.

fuck it all
Dantonio did a great job convincing everyone that Cook was going to play and I think that was BS from the start. The Buckeyes ;pst this game simply because they couldn't execute shit on offense and there were some boneheaded offsides by Bosa that helped MSU on 3rd and short 3 friggin times. The coaches looked at this game like a easy win and probably more focused on next week. This blows my mind. We are the FSU from a year ago. Our offense has been exposed and if shit doesn't change, we will lose next week up in AA. Onanother note, PSU can play spoiler. If MSU has the gangover effect next week and we take care of business, we still can win the B1G,

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...poop. Time to get ready for Michigan week.