• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OSU vs Auburn

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn
11-1
9-3 LSU lost
8-4
7-5
6-6
3-9
5-7
8-4
6-6 wash st
6-6 fau
7-5 ark st
2-10 west Carolina
69 wins for teams they beat

Ohio st
9-3
7-5
5-7
4-8
1-11
5-7
8-4
7-5
1-11 cal
8-4 buffalo
7-5 san diego st
3-9 fl a&m

65 for teams they beat

Both teams could add 11 wins to total with conf champ

Stupid discussion one team won all their games one didn't....this weekend could make it pretty interesting but if FSU and OSU win a one loss team has no business jumping a team from one of the five power confs.

Thoughts?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU
10-2
7-5
6-6
7-5
4-8
3-9
9-3
6-6
4-8 Nevada
10-3 Bethune cookman
1-11 Idaho
4-8 Florida Gayturds
71 total wins by opponent

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are about to get a bunch of down votes from johnny come lately Team SEC honks.

Yeah they travel in packs.....next thing they will tell me is A&M is a quality team(best wins Rice and OL miss)

Good luck to your boys this weekend.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn
11-1
9-3 LSU lost
8-4
7-5
6-6
3-9
5-7
8-4
6-6 wash st
6-6 fau
7-5 ark st
2-10 west Carolina
69 wins for teams they beat

Ohio st
9-3
7-5
5-7
4-8
1-11
5-7
8-4
7-5
1-11 cal
8-4 buffalo
7-5 san diego st
3-9 fl a&m

65 for teams they beat

Both teams could add 11 wins to total with conf champ

Stupid discussion one team won all their games one didn't....this weekend could make it pretty interesting but if FSU and OSU win a one loss team has no business jumping a team from one of the five power confs.

Thoughts?

While I am not a fan of either program, I am not impressed with Ohio State nor Auburn and their scheduling. I think that is the BCS computer problem, but then I was never impressed with the BCS process in the first place. The only Championship game I care about is the one WVU plays in, and wins, the rest are of no interest to me.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way the records with no team next to it are conf games....take the perception rankings out and all three are close....you go undefeated you should play for title especially if from the power confs

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way the records with no team next to it are conf games....take the perception rankings out and all three are close....you go undefeated you should play for title especially if from the power confs

I thought so, but thanks for the clarification. It does certainly make things interesting.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Ohio St is ranked ahead of AU today, they should remain ahead of them should both win on Saturday. AU has had two miracle finishes in a row, but that doesn't make them one of the best two teams in the country.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the biggest reasons any of us would not want Auburn to jump OSU is because of the explosion that would happen in Morgantown if it was us getting jumped in the scenario.

Let's face it the SEC needs to be held to the same standards as the rest of the conf's or why do we even play the games?

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of the biggest reasons any of us would not want Auburn to jump OSU is because of the explosion that would happen in Morgantown if it was us getting jumped in the scenario.

Let's face it the SEC needs to be held to the same standards as the rest of the conf's or why do we even play the games?

In my opinion, the powers that be have given entirely too much praise to the SEC for way too long. So has the worthless BCS. Have they had a good run, I don't think anyone can completely diminish their accomplishments, but are not each of the teams within the SEC kind a beating up on their own with regular consistency? Other than a few bowl games, how many teams outside the SEC are they really beating? Leaving the bowl games out of the equation, can a very long list be compiled of teams outside the SEC that has been beaten on a regular season basis? Maybe I'm wrong. We played LSU twice in recent history, one very close loss and one butt kickin loss. I was not that impressed. Not sure I want Alabama at this juncture, but they were exposed by Auburn, the review of that tape should have already started.

All that being said, I think there are some one loss teams in the past that were better than the undefeated, do we have that this year? Not sure, because the numbers game is just so cloase.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a lot of luck Auburn is a three loss team. The BCS is not set up so one of the teams represented will always come from the SEC. This problem exists due to the fact that the Big Ten and Pac 12 have their own networks and ESPN doesn't like it. Now the SEC network is scheduled to start in 2014 but its the SEC-ESPN Network. Being the media giant ESPN is now they are using their clout to push the SEC constantly and its working. The SEC doesn't play anybody out of conference. When the polls come out now you are guaranteed a whole bunch of SEC teams ranked at the top. This year they even had Florida start at nine and they were terrible.

Ohio State in the championship is 1-2. They beat a Miami team loaded with NFL talent. They lost to Florida in a game where all the hype was that the Gators had no business being there and the Buckeye were getting a gift. They lost to LSU playing in the state of Louisiana to a Tiger team that was heavily loaded with seniors and a very young Buckeye team.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Ohio St is ranked ahead of AU today, they should remain ahead of them should both win on Saturday. AU has had two miracle finishes in a row, but that doesn't make them one of the best two teams in the country.

For the sake of discussion, what if Alabama had won the game against Auburn. Would Alabama and Florida State been 1-2, with Ohio State sitting on the outside of a National Championship? How would one determine the strength of schedule then? I am clearly speaking of the over rating of the SEC, knowing Alabama has a National Championships, but who do they play outside of the SEC?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, I have felt for tOSU this year. They dropped in the polls despite winning. The same happened to WVU back in '07 I believe.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me what you did last year should mean nothing...teams are different even if you return every single starter...rankings are a educated guess and sometimes not even that since the writers don't/can't watch every game.

Rankings should start around week 4 IMO.

If Alabama would have won then yes I would say they deserved a shot at the title since they would have beaten a one loss auburn team and the SEC champ.

This is why we need a playoff, no guesses, no rankings(after the fact), settle it on the field. what they will soon realize is they need more than 4 teams, this year being a perfect example.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I have felt for tOSU this year. They dropped in the polls despite winning. The same happened to WVU back in '07 I believe.

I agree....some teams get more credit for a close L than some do for winning.....so where is the cutoff...is three a good loss? 4? 5?......he'll people we're saying Bama and Auburn for the title, why? One team won the other lost move on!!

I made this promise last time, and it may be sort of moot now, but if they pick Bama and Auburn to play again I may quit watching this sport...lol

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bama is a great team. Hell... maybe they're the best team in the country, and they lost on a fluke play to a team playing at home in front of an amped crowd.

But, who has Bama beaten this year? LSU and A&M are their two best wins. They didn't have to face Mizzou, USCe or UGA (when they were healthy at year's start).

I think it is funny, Bama was given one of the softest schedules in the SEC this year, and they couldn't handle it.

Okie St has a better resume...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the more you look at A&M the more you see they are a fraud....been calling them out all year, they played 6 winning teams and lost to 4 of them....two wins Rice and OL Miss.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to argue the exact same points on CBS back in the day on the main college football boards.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its all politics espn pushing sec hype give wvu spotlight see what happens