• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Osborne makes it official

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He is aware that a few teams are looking to leave the big12, he says were on top of it and we won't be left out in the cold. He also says he can't see Texas leaving as they have the best deal and doesn't think anyone could top it.

McBride

Outstanding in my field
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he make official?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he make official?

That NU is being 'pro-active' in checking it's options.

“It’s much better to be proactive than reactive. I don’t think I’m free to say much more than that."

I think Mizzou is a goner.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wager there is quite a bit of conversation going on amongst a few of the former Big 8 teams right now. Osborne is great friends with Snyder at KSU, great friends with Gill at KU. NU/OU have always had a respectful rivalry to the point of inviting opposing teams former players to games/dinners/ceremonies.

Fuck Texas and their pursuit to put every other Big XII team at a disadvantage.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
you cant just say "fuck texas" and dump them.... too much money, yes i agree they are assholes trying to take take take... but the texas market is a good thing to have

McBride

Outstanding in my field
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a 10 team conference like the PAC 10 where everyone plays everyone else every year and there is no championship game. I've never been in favor of the super conference with 2 divisions and a championship game. There has been years in the Big XII where the team that won the championship game and was crowned the conference champion wasn't the best team over the course of the season. But, they were the best team that day.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a 10 team conference like the PAC 10 where everyone plays everyone else every year and there is no championship game. I've never been in favor of the super conference with 2 divisions and a championship game. There has been years in the Big XII where the team that won the championship game and was crowned the conference champion wasn't the best team over the course of the season. But, they were the best team that day.

And that's why they play the damn game. You can look at paper statistics all you want, but if the team doesn't come out and preform that day, then you are not the better team. You can sit here and argue they were the better team "that day", but the truth is you never know if it was just that day or if they are just a better team. Also, the situation can be reversed as seen in this years game. Texas had the better year and won, but most people think Nebraska should've won (This is not an arguement saying they should've won, but a statement about most peoples' opinions). Plus it provides more college football games between 2 higher ranking teams, usually.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Red you should say what you really mean man, don't hold it back man don't hold it back. lol
How you doing.