• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon Trying To Kill Their Players

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not in college. Pro football maybe, but not in school.

Oregon is a program in transition and one thought to be soft from their results last year. The kids are going to naturally try to work their asses off (literally) to change that. It is expected they will overdo the work. They want to win and want to win badly as well as impress the new staff. They have every incentive to not stop unless directed to do so.

If you read any of the articles on it, many point out the NCAA has rules and guidelines meant to prevent this and they were not followed. Not just breaks and hydration, but in their guideline it specifically states each student should be independently evaluated and a program put together targeted to each kids ability/needs. This was not done in this case which is why I believe there may be legal recourse. Failing to follow established NCAA guidelines leaves them open to further action.

Yes, in college most of these guys are legally adults and need to act like it. There are thousands of men and women the same age in the military that are expected to act like adults why can't these gentlemen be held to the same standards? I agree the coaches were reckless letting the players go so hard so early, but as has been pointed out the majority of the players went just as hard and they're fine. Also is there any evidence that these players didn't have the required individual evaluations and then pushed themselves too much while the coaches were working the entire team and couldn't possibly monitor every single player closely?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, in college most of these guys are legally adults and need to act like it. There are thousands of men and women the same age in the military that are expected to act like adults why can't these gentlemen be held to the same standards? I agree the coaches were reckless letting the players go so hard so early, but as has been pointed out the majority of the players went just as hard and they're fine. Also is there any evidence that these players didn't have the required individual evaluations and then pushed themselves too much while the coaches were working the entire team and couldn't possibly monitor every single player closely?
Thank you for admitting that. Was that so hard? That's all anyone has asked for. Just admit the staff was wrong in their approach and are dealing with it.

Some of your fanbase can't admit there was even one single thing wrong with what that staff did or their approach. It's all on the kids.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if an 18 year old kid who has dreams of playing in the majors blows out his shoulder bc he throws too many pitches it is the kids fault and not the coach's? These s&c coaches and trainers at major universities are paid good money to identify how much is too much. Oregon claims to be too of the line in sports science so I think this is a completely preventable situation. I'm not calling for the death penalty of for anyone's job but I am also not buying it's the kids' fault. No way
Apples to oranges. It's much easier to monitor a kid throwing pitches than every last athlete in a full team workout.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for admitting that. Was that so hard? That's all anyone has asked for. Just admit the staff was wrong in their approach and are dealing with it.

Some of your fanbase can't admit there was even one single thing wrong with what that staff did or their approach. It's all on the kids.
Page 3 post 18 I said they started them too fast

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dare you to find a post where I said the coaches held zero culpability in this. I do still think the athletes should've been more aware of the condition of their own body.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mobile double post please ignore.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples to oranges. It's much easier to monitor a kid throwing pitches than every last athlete in a full team workout.

You don't monitor every last athlete you set up mandatory breaks. Leaving it up to the kid is irresponsible.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And as far back as 1990 you were constantly forced to take breaks and hydrate in the military. This isn't some new shit that people are just learning about.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon just interviewed for a new conditioning coach.

big_1411643435_1402992211_image.jpg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are calling for this to fall on Taggart and he should be held accountable, possible cause for firing.

Interesting, considering Chip Kelly is now officially available.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Taggart will do great things, and was a big get, he has put together a stellar coaching staff and the guy recruits like crazy, but IF Chip can be brought in, you make a way.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are calling for this to fall on Taggart and he should be held accountable, possible cause for firing.

Interesting, considering Chip Kelly is now officially available.
Now is Oregon's chance to get Chip back. It's now or never.

379699.jpg

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on the radio this morning that one of the coaches was suspended. Not sure if it's true.