• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon or Georgia?

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you think OD has gotten this far with a woman?

96904b6f99225ad03c9d6c0de188a4a2--college-cheerleading-cheerleading-uniforms.jpg

I could see him with mirrors on his shoes

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prez of the pep club

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa. You make 5 million a year to go 7-5. Not even close

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What OD told Santa he wanted.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is homer, then delusional homer, and lastly there is full OD...and you never want to go full OD...even when you're OD

Adamt

Tank
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off, I am sure Green Bay ripped off Georgia with the G.

2nd, Iowa didn't rip off the Steelers. Hayden Fry asked Rooney for the design. They are replicas of the Steelers.

And 3rd, to answer your OP, depends if I want a stepping stone job or if I am picking a team to settle down with. I would definitely go to Oregon 1st, and once I get a few years of experience as HC, I would go to Georgia to settle for a long tenure or until I get fired.

I read somewhere that it was dooley who wanted to copy the g from green bay. I think it was him im not sure. Im positive it was green bay and uga copied them though. As the old logo was the bulldog, not the g

Adamt

Tank
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the article from the UGA website:

In 1963 after becoming the Bulldogs' Head Football Coach, Vince Dooley redesigned the football uniform choosing a red helmet with a black "G" on a white background as the dominant feature of the new uniform for the 1964 season.

He discussed with his staff that a forward-looking "G" would be an appropriate emblem for the helmet of the Georgia team. Dooley had just hired John Donaldson, former Georgia player from 1945 to 1948, as backfield coach. John was keen on the idea of a new image and volunteered his wife, Anne, who had a BFA in commercial art from UGA to design a logo for the new Georgia helmet with the general specifications Dooley had outlined. Dooley accepted Anne's original "G" which fit his vision for a forward look to Georgia's new emblem.

Since the Georgia "G"- though different in design and color- was similar to Green Bay's "G", Coach Dooley thought it best to clear the use of Georgia's new emblem with the NFL team. Athletic Director Joel Eaves called for permission which was granted. However, since its inception in 1961, the Green Bay "G" has been redesigned several times and now looks like Georgia's original 1964 "G." Georgia is proud that the Packers apparently liked the special nuances of the Bulldogs' forward-looking "G."

Georgia's oval "G", eventually replacing Georgia's old block "G" as the official UGA symbol, has stood the test of time. It made its first appearance in the opening game in 1964 and was an immediate hit with the Georgia fans, especially after Dooley's first three teams were so successful--highlighted by the 1966 SEC Championship.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the article from the UGA website:

In 1963 after becoming the Bulldogs' Head Football Coach, Vince Dooley redesigned the football uniform choosing a red helmet with a black "G" on a white background as the dominant feature of the new uniform for the 1964 season.

He discussed with his staff that a forward-looking "G" would be an appropriate emblem for the helmet of the Georgia team. Dooley had just hired John Donaldson, former Georgia player from 1945 to 1948, as backfield coach. John was keen on the idea of a new image and volunteered his wife, Anne, who had a BFA in commercial art from UGA to design a logo for the new Georgia helmet with the general specifications Dooley had outlined. Dooley accepted Anne's original "G" which fit his vision for a forward look to Georgia's new emblem.

Since the Georgia "G"- though different in design and color- was similar to Green Bay's "G", Coach Dooley thought it best to clear the use of Georgia's new emblem with the NFL team. Athletic Director Joel Eaves called for permission which was granted. However, since its inception in 1961, the Green Bay "G" has been redesigned several times and now looks like Georgia's original 1964 "G." Georgia is proud that the Packers apparently liked the special nuances of the Bulldogs' forward-looking "G."

Georgia's oval "G", eventually replacing Georgia's old block "G" as the official UGA symbol, has stood the test of time. It made its first appearance in the opening game in 1964 and was an immediate hit with the Georgia fans, especially after Dooley's first three teams were so successful--highlighted by the 1966 SEC Championship.

I stand corrected.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing screams tradition like stealing a couple NFL uniforms.

Nice of the Packers and Steelers to allow Iowa and Georgia use their logos and uniforms though.