• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon ditching "unique" uniforms next season?

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full Story: Oregon football uniforms hopefully won’t be as eccentric in 2017

"
The 2017 set hasn’t been released yet, and the plans for them are “considered top secret by Oregon and Nikeaccording to OregonLive.

“We’re going to try to stick to more traditional colors this year,” Kenny Farr, UO’s football equipment administrator, told OregonLive last week. “Trying to kind of simplify a few things but still keep it modern and keep it looking really good.”

If the school is going to a traditional scheme like Farr says, there should probably be more green and yellow. However, there are almost always bright green and silver featured in the uniforms, so maybe those will also be featured colors?

While some criticized Oregon for rolling out crazy uniform combinations starting back in the late 90s, a lot of people loved them. It seems like now Taggart wants to take the focus off the uniforms and put it on the team’s performance.

The uniform trend Oregon started was even tracked by OregonLive. Within its interactive tracker, one can see uniforms dating back from 1997 to 2014 that include 24 different helmets, 51 jerseys, 20 pants, and 32 pairs of shoes.

“We’re not going to go anything out of the traditional Oregon palette. … we have some great stuff coming,” Farr added.

That means blue and orange are gone, according to Farr. He also said while there will be throwbacks, Oregon’s football program has always had a loose definition of “retro.”

“It’s weird,” Farr said. “A throwback here could be 2010.”

The first opportunity fans have to see new uniforms will be at the team’s spring game on April 29th at Autzen Stadium."

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only gonna use 37 traditional colors and styles.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While last year was a disaster in the category that actually matters, I say keep mixing it up with the craziness. They have the best unis in football hands down in my opinion. Love their combinations.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there goes their recruiting.

Surprised to see Phil Knight giving up on spending money on them after one bad season.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While last year was a disaster in the category that actually matters, I say keep mixing it up with the craziness. They have the best unis in football hands down in my opinion. Love their combinations.
I would agree if they just wouldn't go too crazy with it. Kids defintely like it. Seems like Nike and UA do a better job with their other partners than with their owners' alma maters....Oregon and Maryland just get too far over the top sometimes. That Maryland flag shit is just gawd awful IMHO. And, it Oregon stays too traditional they look too much like John Deere tractors.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Oregon fans have been telling me for years that the uniforms were very important for recruiting.

Is this fake news?

It must be fake news.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need to stick with these
b7b9981d0fd696f3380d7011fbbce7fa.jpg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) for Those saying Oregon needs to stick to the uniform combos for recruiting, well thanks to Oregon's pioneering every school has 1,000 uniform combos so it isn't much of an advantage for the Ducks anymore.

2.) Oregon has slowly started to go toward a more "retro" simple era with their uniforms and overall look. The return of the Duck logo around a lot of things was an indicator of that and using plain old "O" logo helmets over the last few years.

3.) I think Oregon realizes now that they can go simple and still be cool about it. Simple is back "in". Oregon's simplistic looks are still very cool looking and they look sleak. This is in a way another innovative move for the Ducks.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) for Those saying Oregon needs to stick to the uniform combos for recruiting, well thanks to Oregon's pioneering every school has 1,000 uniform combos so it isn't much of an advantage for the Ducks anymore.

2.) Oregon has slowly started to go toward a more "retro" simple era with their uniforms and overall look. The return of the Duck logo around a lot of things was an indicator of that and using plain old "O" logo helmets over the last few years.

3.) I think Oregon realizes now that they can go simple and still be cool about it. Simple is back "in". Oregon's simplistic looks are still very cool looking and they look sleak. This is in a way another innovative move for the Ducks.

Glad to see you are taking this with the humor that is needed.:dhd:

Oh wait. Your were serious about all that????
:lol:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like this helmet the best in regards to the Ducks.

$_3.JPG

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greens, yellows, whites and blacks are simple colors. how they chose to mix and match them is what Oregon has always done.
it wont just be here is home here is away.
last year was way out of the norm.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't do any good to look like a dollar but play like a dime.

Under Armor keeps Texas Tech looking pretty good but they can't beat anyone. Except my Miners but that ain't sayin' much.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy with an alt helmet in his avy pic.

Damn. That was funny as shit.:suds:
Good one.

In all honesty, it's the only Nebraska alt that I ever liked.
And, we do one a year to try to keep up with the Oregon's of the world.
Adidas just has crap for alts.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. That was funny as shit.:suds:
Good one.

In all honesty, it's the only Nebraska alt that I ever liked.
And, we do one a year to try to keep up with the Oregon's of the world.
Adidas just has crap for alts.
Adidas alternate uniforms are awful. Although their alternates for Nebraska's last year were actually decent.

Now Adidas basketball uniforms are surprisingly awesome, once they stopped using the cummerbund and some of the other attempted "crazy designs to be cool" stuff.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
robo1opt.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it might look like a duck too?

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) huh?

2) since oregon's only tradition is lack of tradition...what does retro mean?

3) following a trend is not innovation.