• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Opinions on this trade offer

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Sale (SP) for Eric Hosmer (1B), Elvis Andrus (SS), Alex Wood (SP). Dynasty league.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Risky, but not over the top crazy. Most would want the Sale side, me included, but if I needed a SS and a 1B, I would have to think pretty hard about this offer, as the Sale owner... depending on who is available on waivers, size of league, etc.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Sale (SP) for Eric Hosmer (1B), Elvis Andrus (SS), Alex Wood (SP). Dynasty league.

I wouldn't. It all really depends on your position this year. If you are in shape to win it now, I cannot envision a scenario where you have the depth at starting pitching and need those pieces to put you over the top. If you are looking to the future, you need to turn a top 5 pitcher into pieces that have a chance to excel in the future. Hosmer isn't a bad guy, but we know what he is and that's all you're going to get. Andrus is always a late round re-draft pick. So that leaves Wood. Highly touted prospect, and has 4 months of "ace" like results. I don't think I take the gamble that 4 months of Wood excelling means he will be ace like for 4-5 years, and outside of injury does anyone see Sale not being a top 5 pitcher for the next 4-5 years? He's only 28 and 2 years older than Wood. If you are trading an ace 31 year old for someone like Wood that would be a bit different as the potential 5 years age difference could be very significant.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Sale owner I wouldn't even pause before declining this.