• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Opening week is here! Rangers host defending AL Champs Cleveland Indians

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look up, cause you might get hit right smack dab in the face with the sky!

That is telling. I wonder how long it has been since a team got swept out of the first round of the playoffs only to get swept in their first series the next year. I know it is early and there are still 159 games to go, but since I never thought this team was going to be much better than .500 to begin with it is very difficult for me to think they have a chance to dig themselves out of even a small hole. This isn't even a small hole yet, but they are digging feverishly.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think JD will ever trade Beltre. Choo has too big of a contract to get much of anything for him. Hamels will have to pitch better than he has since last June for anyone to take on his contract as well. Since then including the postseason his ERA is 4.48. Darvish, Lucroy, Napoli and Gomez could bring back quite a haul though.

We ain't gettin' shit for Napoli.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's calm down and see what happens. It's not the end of the world after three games. We lost two games we should or could have won. Cleveland had a chore winning as badly as we played. If we continue on this path within the division, we have a problem. Time will answer our concerns but time can also be on our side.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ain't gettin' shit for Napoli.
I meant "quite a haul" for the 4 of them combined. What we could get for Napoli will be determined by how he plays between now and then of course.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's calm down and see what happens. It's not the end of the world after three games. We lost two games we should or could have won. Cleveland had a chore winning as badly as we played. If we continue on this path within the division, we have a problem. Time will answer our concerns but time can also be on our side.
From my perspective this will be a much different season as a fan. Deep down I know that if things don't go well in the first half that that could be just what this franchise needs long term. If the trade chips that were mentioned above are utilized as such then it could be a boon for this franchise greater than the Teixeira trade. I am not rooting for the team to lose, but I am not going to get too upset over it either. I will find myself getting upset during games, but as hard as these last games were to take while they were going on, I still see a bright side after the heat of the battle is over.

Also, even if we trade Darvish and/or Lucroy that doesn't mean we can't try to sign them in the offseason.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying to help you not look like an ignoramus. You're pretty knowledgeable about soccer and football, but let's face it. Baseball isn't your area of expertise.

So because I make a joke about Ogando, you're the baseball expert. Got it, slick. No more jokes for the grumpy crew.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look on the bright side fellas....... we're 3 games out of first place, but we still have 19 games against the Astros coming up and I fully expect us to win 13-15 of them like the last few years.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because I make a joke about Ogando, you're the baseball expert. Got it, slick. No more jokes for the grumpy crew.

I don't recall any jokes about Ogando for that assertion to be made, just your general commentary

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell, I thought you were being serious.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look on the bright side fellas....... we're 3 games out of first place, but we still have 19 games against the Astros coming up and I fully expect us to win 13-15 of them like the last few years.
When did you start seeing the bright side but I do agree we're only three out and like your post.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did you start seeing the bright side but I do agree we're only three out and like your post.

Trying to scrounge up something positive to say about this team. Something to look forward too. Something to give me hope.

The sad reality is that I haven't seen this team play good baseball since late September. I really want to see this team get a win, I feel like you can't officially move on from last year until we have something good happen.

With that said...... Be wary. Oakland is coming in next and they always seem to give us fits no matter who is wearing the uniform.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that include Spring Training? Because if not, that's about 10 games you're describing.

Well shit @Ephland. I mean, if 3 games is enough to write your manager and closer off then 10 games is enough to warrant cutting your wrists and selling off the team, right??!!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit @Ephland. I mean, if 3 games is enough to write your manager and closer off then 10 games is enough to warrant cutting your wrists and selling off the team, right??!!
That's funny Romeo. By the way, how's Momma and little Romeo?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the future of the Rangers' starting rotation sprouting with the Frisco RoughRiders? | SportsDay

Yohander Mendez, Connor Sadzeck and Ariel Jurado are at the heart of the Rangers' hopes to develop some future additions to the big league rotation. All three were invited to camp with the Rangers in Surprise, Ariz., this spring and are considered among the top-10 prospects in the organization. Two - Mendez and Sadzeck -- are currently on the Texas 40-man roster.

Frisco manager Joe Mikulik is tantalized by this trio's potential.

"I think it's unlimited," Mikulik said. "You got three guys that if I had to look in the crystal ball, I see them all starting in the big leagues."

Sadzeck will get the nod to start on opening day. In his third year with Frisco, the former 11th-round pick's focus this year is to work on his fastball command after posting a 4.06 ERA in 15 starts in 2016.

Thanks to a tip from Rangers close Sam Dyson during spring training, Sadzeck thinks he can increase his efficiency by using his two-seam fastball more this season to induce groundballs rather than try to overpower hitters with his four-seamer.

"I figured take it from him, right?" Sadzeck said. "I think that's going to be big to lower my pitch count."

Jurado will follow Sadzeck in the rotation, and then comes Mendez. The 6-foot-5 Venezuelan already has a placard on the "Road to the Show" wall at Dr. Pepper Stadium after making two quick appearances with the Rangers in September.

Mendez got hit hard in those two appearances, but that was a blip in his 2016 season. He pitched at three different levels in the minors last year and went 12-3 with a 2.19 ERA.

"We want to see him develop, attack with his fastball (and) not try to pitch around the zone," Mikulik said of Mendez, considered by many to be the top prospect in the Rangers organization. "Be aggressive and challenge hitters."

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that include Spring Training? Because if not, that's about 10 games you're describing.

Spring training doesn't really count in my eyes...... and I didn't watch any of it. So my statement is true for me personally, the last time I saw this team do anything good was late September of last year. Hoping for a win Friday!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny Romeo. By the way, how's Momma and little Romeo?

Momma is doing pretty well. She's really beginning to grow now. She had a check up this week and the little guy is growing like a weed. He's up to like 2.5 pounds now, and wreaking havoc on his momma's insides lately. Can't wait to meet him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Momma is doing pretty well. She's really beginning to grow now. She had a check up this week and the little guy is growing like a weed. He's up to like 2.5 pounds now, and wreaking havoc on his momma's insides lately. Can't wait to meet him.
Treasure every moment. It passes very, very fast.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing can match it.