• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Opening Day: Indians @ Mariners 3/29/18 - 4/1/18

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is back boys.

For some of you newer members, what we generally do is create series threads to discuss the games on. Anyone can make the series thread. I think I probably made 50% of them last year, but obviously sometimes I forget and someone else picks up the torch.

Probable pitchers:

3/29/18: Felix Hernandez vs. Corey Kluber
3/30/18: James Paxton vs. Carlos Carrasco
4/1/18: Mike Leake vs. Trevor Bauer

Let's get this season started on a good note!

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea ... 1 thread to talk shit - express your frustration or look for pity ( hahaha )

Tribe right outa the chute is a tough nut to crack. They didn't win a 100+ games last year because they are pushovers

If we do not get swept all 3 games I consider that a series win ( even if we dump 2 outa 3 to them )

Funny how Cleveland was the last home series in 2017 end of Sept and we have them very next home series to open the season

edited to add ... best chance at winning a game is Sat 3/31 with Big Maple on the bump

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea ... 1 thread to talk shit - express your frustration or look for pity ( hahaha )

Tribe right outa the chute is a tough nut to crack. They didn't win a 100+ games last year because they are pushovers

If we do not get swept all 3 games I consider that a series win ( even if we dump 2 outa 3 to them )

Funny how Cleveland was the last home series in 2017 end of Sept and we have them very next home series to open the season

edited to add ... best chance at winning a game is Sat 3/31 with Big Maple on the bump

I have tickets to the game and somehow didn't even realize we were playing Cleveland until I made this thread. For some reason I thought that most opening series are against division rivals.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have tickets to the game and somehow didn't even realize we were playing Cleveland until I made this thread. For some reason I thought that most opening series are against division rivals.
I was kind of surprised when I first saw the schedule for 2018. For some reason, I had thought we would open again with Oakland. It seems like Oakland is always who we face first.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kind of surprised when I first saw the schedule for 2018. For some reason, I had thought we would open again with Oakland. It seems like Oakland is always who we face first.

Yeah I was talking to my father the other day and he asked who we were playing and I actually said the Athletics because that's who I expected we'd be playing.

You'd think I'd remember who we were playing after buying the tickets :doh:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not expecting much in the opener so that kind of leaves winning Saturday and Sunday I guess. Hopeful for 2 wins but expecting 1 probably. Indians are also damn good

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well according to your post: You better NOT show up to the ballpark on Fri 3/30 as there ain't a game that night !! :gaah:

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always I am excited to get a new Mariners season underway. There is always a little bit of hope. My big concern is getting some of the many question marks to work out. If they do that they could surprise us. So cheers y'all Go M's.
:suds:

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacked as always for Opening Day..First two weeks and BBQ'n...love it..:nod: .. and may I say I'm jumping on the Voge train. Hope he starts. Dips major acquisition (joking) Healy may steal that spot to start. If Ich starts just shoot me now!..

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought a ticket on a whim for opening day last night after someone posted that extra King's Court tickets went up.

Never been to a true opening day in Seattle, so I'm excited for that, plus the worst that can happen afterward is the M's will be 1 game under .500!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought a ticket on a whim for opening day last night after someone posted that extra King's Court tickets went up.

Never been to a true opening day in Seattle, so I'm excited for that, plus the worst that can happen afterward is the M's will be 1 game under .500!

If there was team that could play three games and afterwards be four games out of first place, I'd pick Seattle.:suds:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't series related but am I the only the who thinks it is beyond idiotic they have an off day Friday? I get Manfred is a terrible commissioner and all but his scheduling idea isn't exactly good for the growth of the sport nor is playing having an night opening day game in Seattle good for fan experience.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't series related but am I the only the who thinks it is beyond idiotic they have an off day Friday? I get Manfred is a terrible commissioner and all but his scheduling idea isn't exactly good for the growth of the sport nor is playing having an night opening day game in Seattle good for fan experience.

Yes, my thoughts as well. Some Sunday's off as well.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That line up is such fucking bullshit on so many levels

1. Ichiro is a fucking joke - not a single hit in ST and struck out 1/2 his plate appearances
2. Danny V EARNED an opening day start by posting up the best hitting numbers in ST of every single major league player or prospect in BOTH cactus and grapefruit leagues. He was a monster at the plate and you fucking sit him 1st game with a RH pitcher on the bump ? What a fucking joke this team is. Whoever made those 2 decisions can eat a bag of fucking dicks !

I so fucking hope Ichiro gets the hat trick and then gets booed at Safeco when he comes to the dish at his shot for a Golden Sombrero. Then is so humiliated he leaves to never be seen again !! That would be epic !!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Ichiro is a fucking joke - not a single hit in ST and struck out 1/2 his plate appearances
2. Danny V EARNED an opening day start by posting up the best hitting numbers in ST of every single major league player or prospect in BOTH cactus and grapefruit leagues. He was a monster at the plate and you fucking sit him 1st game with a RH pitcher on the bump ? What a fucking joke this team is. Whoever made those 2 decisions can eat a bag of fucking dicks !

But the good news, in the end it just won't matter. :tsk:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say that absolutely sucks BIG TIME!! What the hell?? I knew Ichiro was gonna be in there when Servshit wouldn't commit to the starting line up saying he was waiting to see how Ichiro was fairing. And then he doesn't put Voge in there? Well, I guess we can see how this is going to play out this season. No guts=No glory. Dipstick and Servshit just don't get it. I said on another thread that "shit rolls downhill" and this turdbball starts with ownership and rolls all the way right on down to that shit for brains leading in the dugout. Last season fans were saying to give Servais a chance as it was only his 2nd season and now it's his 3rd season and I see the same old shit coming down the pike....but maybe even worse. Wow, Ichiro is nothing more than a prostitute to make money for the ownership. Stanton puts out that he so badly wants Seattle to get to the W Series- and I say, once again: Actions speak louder than words. His actions just say milk the hell out of Seattle fans and make beaucoup $$$$$. What a pathetic bunch of bullshit!!