• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Open Coaching Positions

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rank the open coaching positions from best possible place to go to worst. Just for fun I will include the ones that already hired coaches like Tampa and Houston. So we have Tampa, Houston, Cleveland, Washington, Detroit, and Minnesota. Am I missing any?

For me mine would be...

1. Houston--already quite a bit of talent on the team plus a #1 pick to bring in quarterback of choice.
2. Tampa--another team with quite a bit of talent just needing some good coaching and maybe a new quarterback...still not sure on Glennon
3. Detroit--Lot's of talent all over the field just need a disciplined offensive coach to come work with Stafford to get his turnovers under control
4. Minnesota--Decent team and who wouldn't want to work with AP
5. Washington--Cap penalties go away this year so more money to work with and possibly a good quarterback if RGIII can have a good bounce back year
6. Cleveland--Good defense just lots of holes on the offensive side of the ball that will not be fun to fix.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. DET, a couple of players on DEF back 4 away from being a SB contender
2. HOU, the most important position away from being a SB contender, and probably will have a rookie QB
3. TB, tough DIV...ATL owner will get their problems fixed. Love the roster, idk if the QB is ready
4. CLE, draft heaven this year, solid pieces on both sides of the ball.
5. MIN, AP + decent weapons...would look to trade for Cousins
6. WAS, still paying off the draft pick debt to STL, more needs.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit and Houston have to be the best of the bunch. Detroit has a franchise QB in place and a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Houston is pretty much a carbon copy of last year's Chiefs. Tons of talent that underachieved. They need a QB but will likely take Bridgewater. I could see them in the playoffs next year.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-Det - They have an established QB that just needs some polish & talent at every level.
2-Hou - They have a the #1 pick in the draft & a stout defense & running game. They just need to find a QB.
3-Min - AP & good young weapons. O-line isn't a mess & just need to find a QB.
4-TB - They may have their franchise QB in place with Glennon & have young playmakers on defense.
5-Was - They aren't Cleveland
6-Cle - Only a desperate coordinator or a college coach will take this job.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit- Franchise QB in place, they need one good draft and can very easily be in the playoffs next year.
Houston- Still need the franchise QB, not gonna find it in this draft, take a veteran QB defense is solid
Cleveland- Just for the simple fact they have a ton of draft picks, they could fix offense in one draft
Minnesota- Again another franchise QB needed
Washington- :L

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-Det - They have an established QB that just needs some polish & talent at every level.
2-Hou - They have a the #1 pick in the draft & a stout defense & running game. They just need to find a QB.
4-TB - They may have their franchise QB in place with Glennon & have young playmakers on defense.

:agree:

this is the correct order based upon current talent in place, front office, and ownership.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now that TB & Hou are off the market, that makes Det even more the top draw.

I am going to guess Whisenhunt takes the Detroit job.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit- Franchise QB in place, they need one good draft and can very easily be in the playoffs next year.
Houston- Still need the franchise QB, not gonna find it in this draft, take a veteran QB defense is solid
Cleveland- Just for the simple fact they have a ton of draft picks, they could fix offense in one draft
Minnesota- Again another franchise QB needed
Washington- :L

Pretty sure this quarterback class could see 5-6 guys taken in the 1st round so not sure where you are seeing that this draft is lacking quarterback talent?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure this quarterback class could see 5-6 guys taken in the 1st round so not sure where you are seeing that this draft is lacking quarterback talent?

I'm questioning if those 5-6 guys possibly taken in the first round are gonna end up being franchise QB's CD..
I think there is still a lot of questions as to if they can step in and be the leader of an offense, can the understand the verbage, the reads, the constant film study.

Yes the combines, the pro day work outs will start to thin the upper round down a little as to who takes chances on some of these guys....

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of those 5-6 QB(s) possibly taken in the first round, only 1 has first round talent. The rest being taken in the first round speak to lack of good QB(s) in today's NFL.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just still wondering what the hell Cleveland management is doing. A) Fire your head coach after one year. B) Hire a new DC and still not have a head coach.

Yeah, only the most desperate to become an NFL head coach will take this job.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably right...the talent is about the same, maybe better actually, but I would put this job ahead of MIN and WAS because of the draft picks...I know they have 2 picks in rounds 1 & 2, and I think 3 also. Somebody that knows what they are doing could have CLE in the playoffs next year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bridgewater, Carr, Bortles are locks...Manziel did boost his stock, but imo he's still not a 1st rd pick. Mettenberg probably was before the injury.

4 at best I'm thinking.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater, Carr, Bortles are locks...Manziel did boost his stock, but imo he's still not a 1st rd pick. Mettenberg probably was before the injury.

4 at best I'm thinking.

Depends who declares. I think Manziel will be a 1st round pick as his over the top personality will be something some team will want as it will bring in the fans (I'm thinking like Oakland). Hundley is another if he decides to declare from UCLA. Boyd is looking on the outside of the 1st round but a good combine and Senior bowl and he is right back in it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends who declares. I think Manziel will be a 1st round pick as his over the top personality will be something some team will want as it will bring in the fans (I'm thinking like Oakland). Hundley is another if he decides to declare from UCLA. Boyd is looking on the outside of the 1st round but a good combine and Senior bowl and he is right back in it.

Hundley has stating he's coming back...probably on hearing the news that he's a 2nd rounder...very young, but maybe he changes his mind, but I think top of 2nd. Mariota I think would've made it a stronger 1st rd class. Boyd idk, even with a good combine I'm thinking 2nd or 3rd.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think RG3's dad will have any say in the next Redskins coach? :L :doh:

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TX_LDN.jpg