• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OOC rivalries I'd like to see start or re-started...

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not Marshall?
West Virginia leads that series 12-0...aka the Friends of Coal Bowl. There's been talks about starting a traditional series, but WV wants a 2-for-1 and Marshall wants H-A-H. If I'm Marshall I would say screw it. It reminds me of Tulsa-Arkansas. Arkansas wanted a 2-for-1 or hell...maybe a 3-for-1 and Tulsa did the right thing and said kiss my ass. Arkansas can continue being pretenders without playing Tulsa.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia leads that series 12-0...aka the Friends of Coal Bowl. There's been talks about starting a traditional series, but WV wants a 2-for-1 and Marshall wants H-A-H. If I'm Marshall I would say screw it. It reminds me of Tulsa-Arkansas. Arkansas wanted a 2-for-1 or hell...maybe a 3-for-1 and Tulsa did the right thing and said kiss my ass. Arkansas can continue being pretenders without playing Tulsa.

I'd agree with that. If it's going to be a traditional rivalry then
it would need to be H-A-H.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Texas/Texas A&M

Things have worked out for the best. If we ever face each other in the cotton bowl or playoff - look out. It will be one hell of a game. Herman and Jimbo are both building some pretty darn good teams right now

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not Marshall?

WVU And Marshall have only squared off 12 times with WVU winning all 12. There was an almost 75 year break before we met again in the late 90’s.

It’s good for the state but meh in terms of interest outside it.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami vs UF
Miami vs Penn State
Miami vs Oklahoma
Miami vs Alabama
Miami vs Washington

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not Marshall?

Not enough to gain for WVU. Be like FSU playing....:noidea: FIU? At their place every other year. Whats in for FSU?

From a West Virginian standpoint sure Id like it as an OOC game every year rather than a Georgia Southern or Youngstown ect. But Marshall wants home n homes and WVU is obviously not gonna give up a home game to play @Marshall when they can get the revenue of the home game for playing those other teams.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not enough to gain for WVU. Be like FSU playing....:noidea: FIU? At their place every other year. Whats in for FSU?

From a West Virginian standpoint sure Id like it as an OOC game every year rather than a Georgia Southern or Youngstown ect. But Marshall wants home n homes and WVU is obviously not gonna give up a home game to play @Marshall when they can get the revenue of the home game for playing those other teams.
Or LSU playing Tulane. It's good that came to an end. LSU leads that one 69-22-7. Tulane's last win was in 1982. They haven't played since 2009.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas/Arkansas needs to happen more. UTSA/Houston was also on this wish list, they did just sign a 4 game deal I believe.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big ups to the Battle for the Victory Bell--Cincinnati-Miami (OH). They've damn near played every year since 1888. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. The last time they didn't play was in 1944. Miami (OH) leads the series 59-56-7, but Cincinnati has won the last 12. If I'm not mistaken it's the longest current traditional OOC game played after Georgia-Georgia Tech (1924) and Army-Navy (1929). The ( ) marks the last year the game wasn't played.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So CU plays @ Nebraska this year. I think it's funny how lifelong/longtime Buffs fans hate the Huskers. But the way I see it there's a fine line between jealousy & hatred. CU wishes they had 1/2 the football program Nebraska has.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't go home and home with FIU, but we should go home
and home with USF and/or UCF. Even rotate them.

You cut down dramatically the guarantee...you cut down the cost
of playing each other. (Neither team has to fly). You create
more in-state interest and offer a better value to your fans. FSU
has 20% of its fan base in Central Florida, if not more. At least
20% of its season ticket holders are in either the Tampa or Orlando
metro areas.

USF offers a bigger stadium (seating) than any ACC school with the
exception of Clemson and Miami. UCF's home stadium is equal
to the average ACC school and we could tell them we want the
game played in the Citrus Bowl stadium. We could sell that out for
them.

Last time we went to USF they cut off sales to their upper deck
so that FSU wouldn't have a bigger crowd than them at their home
game. That hurt them in future negotiations.

I don't see anything wrong with "controlling costs" of your program.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So CU plays @ Nebraska this year. I think it's funny how lifelong/longtime Buffs fans hate the Huskers. But the way I see it there's a fine line between jealousy & hatred. CU wishes they had 1/2 the football program Nebraska has.

had*

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're suggesting a program can't get turned around does that mean your Long Horns are screwed?:noidea:
Are you suggesting the Longhorns aren’t screwed?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you suggesting the Longhorns aren’t screwed?

Because of Herman's ties to Ohio State I hope he's successful @ Texas. But outside of their HC don't have any rooting interest in the Longhorns.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're suggesting a program can't get turned around does that mean your Long Horns are screwed?:noidea:

Well, Texas has the pleasure in sitting in a recruiting hotbed. Nebraska doesn't have that luxury, and was put in the wasteland division of the big ten that doesn't have yearly games with the blue bloods of the conference. It's going to be tough for Nebraska to ever come back.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Texas has the pleasure in sitting in a recruiting hotbed. Nebraska doesn't have that luxury, and was put in the wasteland division of the big ten that doesn't have yearly games with the blue bloods of the conference. It's going to be tough for Nebraska to ever come back.
Would have been nice if Nebraska had stayed in the Big XII, but the Huskers caught the Sooners and Longhorns in bed together and the Huskers packed their things and moved out. Part of me doesn't blame them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that recruiting hotbed has done wonders for your team this decade.:heh: Going by this decade Nebraska's been the better program though. Since 2010: Nebraska 6 winning seasons / Texas 4. Losing seasons: Nebraska- 2 / Texas- 4. And 9 win seasons- 4 / Texas- 1. 10 win seasons Nebraska- 2 / Texas- 0.

It'll be interesting to see which program turns everything around 1st.