• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Only like 14 teams control their own destiny for the playoff

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undefeated ATM/AU/Bama
Undefeated OK/Baylor
Undefeated Oregon/UCLA
Undefeated FSU/ND
Undefeated NU

Who (in your opinion) goes and who does not? (This assumes that conference championships are the first requirement for the playoffs except for ND)
Would it matter which team won their conference, or would just winning the conference be enough?
IE... Would it matter if the Pac winner was UCLA or Oregon, or would they be interchangeable?

I think the SEC, P12 and B12 teams are in for sure. IF ND is unbeaten they are in. If it comes down to FSU/NU thatd be interesting since IMO Nebraska would likely have a better resume but Im thinking the committee takes FSU.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the SEC, P12 and B12 teams are in for sure. IF ND is unbeaten they are in. If it comes down to FSU/NU thatd be interesting since IMO Nebraska would likely have a better resume but Im thinking the committee takes FSU.

If it came down to that, all things being equal between B1G RED and FSU, FSU would go.

Champions deserve a right to defend their title, and I bet that would be the point that the committee would agree on overwhelmingly.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know damn well there won't be more than two undefeated teams. Three at most and that's really stretching it. There will be a 1 loss team.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know damn well there won't be more than two undefeated teams. Three at most and that's really stretching it. There will be a 1 loss team.

Theres only 1 team I'd be willing to bet anything on as far as chances to go undefeated, FSU.

Too much parity in the rest of the conferences. Oklahoma would have the next best shot IMO.

The pac champ will very likely have 2 losses and I could see the same easily for the SEC, although I think BAMA may find their stride soon. So we'll see.

In the B1G while I am rooting for Nebraska, the smart moneys on MSU and I don't think they lose any more this year.

So the pac might be the P5 getting shut out of the playoffs in the end. I think it's a real possibility.