• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Montreal I shut down Price for the season. They're already out of the playoffs as it is right now, no need to bring back Price this late in the yr.
But if he's ready to go and wants to play, why not? Like you said, out of the playoffs, so no need to save him for later and there's only 9 games left to play.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just terribly sad news for Erik Karlsson and his wife...

OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators issued the following statement regarding team captain Erik Karlsson and his wife, Melinda.

"The collective thoughts and prayers of the Ottawa Senators organization, the city of Ottawa and entire hockey community rest with Erik and Melinda Karlsson following the loss of their son.

We ask that you respect the family's wishes for privacy during the grieving process."

Ottawa Senators issue statement on the Karlsson family

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OTTAWA - The Ottawa Senators issued the following statement regarding team captain Erik Karlsson and his wife, Melinda.

"The collective thoughts and prayers of the Ottawa Senators organization, the city of Ottawa and entire hockey community rest with Erik and Melinda Karlsson following the loss of their son.

We ask that you respect the family's wishes for privacy during the grieving process."

Hate that for any parent. That sucks.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing to say but

Hate that for any parent. That sucks.

^that

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benning isn't wasting the primes of two great players, three if you include Giordano.

If Paul Fenton is available, I wouldn't be against giving Brad Treliving his pink slip. Regardless of whether or not Treliving stays, Gulutzan needs to be gone.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
The only potential good news is there might be some good coaching candidates available this off-season - AV, Joel Quennville, or Barry Trotz could be looking for their next coaching gig. I'd welcome any of the three behind the Flames bench.
Big Willie! Olympic Medallist, and whatnot.

At this point, I'm hoping that a Stanley Cup winning goal that is scored by the home team is followed by a long review for offside which then overturns the goal which is followed by a even longer delay due to the ice needing to be cleared due to the amount of debris that has been thrown on the ice.
Good thing Canucks won't see the playoffs int he foreseeable future.
We'd burn down the entire west coast.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
big OOTS night tomorrow.
Arizona vs Buffalo.
overtime game could put Nucks alone in 31st.

also, Canucks could conceivable ho down in the record books as the first NHL team ever to end up in 31st place.
should get a banner of some shit for that

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think it was posted here, Bill Daly saying the cap will be between $78-82 million next season.

Nice. Jackets have some expiring contracts that should give them plenty of room to bring back Cole and Letestu and Vanek (if he wants to stay at a close to current cap hit). And maybe even go after some more help on July 1. Maybe Nash will come home.

Johnson and Calvert are UFA and as good as gone (PLEASE OPRAH!). Chorney and Zatkoff are pretty well already gone.

Their RFAs are Jenner, Murray, Bjorkstrand and Nutivaara. Jenner and Murray should get "show me" deals and Nuti should get a bridge. I like both Jenner and Murray, but neither is critical if they play hardball and both have some semblance of trade value. Bjorkstrand might get paid. He's done everything they've asked of him.

It's next year that scares me. Werenski, Bob and Panarin are all in need of new deals. Werenski will be able to dictate his own deal and it will be a loooong term one, and they will just give Panarin a wheelbarrow full of cash.

Desperately need Savard (4.25) and Dubinski (5.25 - MNC) gone before then if possible.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens PK has been floundering without Ian Cole

tumblr_o2i38qOcj41t140ywo1_400.gif

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Sportnet:

Vegas off the hook in possible Seattle draft

The GMs were informed that any potential future Seattle expansion draft will be conducted under the same conditions as Vegas, and there’s an interesting caveat: The Golden Knights aren’t likely to be part of the Seattle process at all, according to a source.

There’s no reason to expect them to be put in position to lose a player because they’re not going to be sharing in the $650-million fee the Oak View Group will be asked to pay if/when the NHL accepts its expansion application. That was part of the deal the league struck with Golden Knights owner Bill Foley when he was granted the 31st franchise.

As a result, the Original 30 will eventually receive $21.67-million apiece from Seattle after cashing $16.67-million cheques from Vegas. That helps soften the blow of losing another player through expansion.

While the NHL has not committed to a timeline on when Seattle might be ready to enter the league, it’s unlikely we’ll see the next expansion draft occur before June 2020.

Golden Knights GM George McPhee will be resting a little easier than his colleagues at that point in time, free of the decision about which seven forwards, three defencemen and goalie he wants to protect from the 32nd franchise.

buuuuuullllsshiiiiiiit.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @dash, with a loss tonight the Flames will eliminate the Oilers from playoff contention. Who are you rooting for?

/good luck to your team, just not tonight

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks/flames game was on at california pizza kitchen on katella. I was the only one watching lol

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks/flames game was on at california pizza kitchen on katella. I was the only one watching lol
I’m sure storm watch on the local weather was a far more interesting proposition.
Try the Tilted Kilt down the street the next time.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure storm watch on the local weather was a far more interesting proposition.
Try the Tilted Kilt down the street the next time.

We were at universal today and the rain felt like home. I like it better than universal in late august.

That place kid friendly? (Edit: looks good to me lol)

/ My daughter says ducks cant lose with elsa on their side. Little does she know kesler prob gave her a debilitating infection - this post brought to you by poonerman

916B9FB9-C1C8-41F8-946A-A40730F69035.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.