• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching last night's Oilers - Flames game, man that entire team is Connor McDavid. No wonder he has to play nearly half the game because the Oilers are a complete dumpster fire without him. As for Draisaitl, geez that 8.5 million per season is a lot of money for a guy who can't do much without playing alongside McDavid.

Maybe @DragonfromTO is right, maybe he does deserve the Hart?
McDavid is so talented they couldn't fuck up his development like the rest of their prospects

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boeser >>>> Matthews >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McDavid

So.... I think maybe Oil have just done a tremendous job at developing McJesus.

:spy:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boeser >>>> Matthews >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McDavid

I think you meant

Mc David when he joins God's team in T.O. >>> Healthy Matthews >>> Laine >>>>>>>>Boeser > Injured Matthews >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McDavid as an Oiler

/just helping clarify:nod:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you meant

Mc David when he joins God's team in T.O. >>> Healthy Matthews >>> Laine >>>>>>>>Boeser > Injured Matthews >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McDavid as an Oiler

/just helping clarify:nod:

Of course. That goes without saying. However you left out the following.

Erik Karlsson after being traded by the Sens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gretzky>>>>>>>>> (all the players mentioned above>>>>>>>>> Phil Housley >>> Aki Berg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Erik Karlsson c. 2010-2018

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. That goes without saying. However you left out the following.

Erik Karlsson after being traded by the Sens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gretzky>>>>>>>>> (all the players mentioned above>>>>>>>>> Phil Housley >>> Aki Berg >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Erik Karlsson c. 2010-2018

I would agree but even a inveterate Leafs fan like myself would list only the 2017-18 Erik Karlsson before the 2018 trade deadline behind Aki Berg.

But still ahead of Dion Phaneuf.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree but even a inveterate Leafs fan like myself would list only the 2017-18 Erik Karlsson before the 2018 trade deadline behind Aki Berg.

But still ahead of Dion Phaneuf.

Borje Salming >>> Erik Karlsson

:behindsofa:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies if this is a mattola, but this is pretty durn funny...

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borje Salming >>> Erik Karlsson

:behindsofa:

Only until Ottawa trades him dash. Then TSN/Sportsnet/CBC will ponder "how Ottawa could let the greatest D man of all time go?!?!?!"

Pretty much the only joy I've gotten from this whole debacle is the about face that Leafs fans (not those on here) and the media (same thing in Canada) have done about Karlsson's abilities. For nearly a decade he's been TERRIBLE defensively and "not the kind of guy you win with". For 3 weeks leading up to the deadline all I heard was that he was now a generational player and how could they ever trade him.

And then since the deadline it's been pretty much:

giphy.gif

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only until Ottawa trades him dash. Then TSN/Sportsnet/CBC will ponder "how Ottawa could let the greatest D man of all time go?!?!?!"

Pretty much the only joy I've gotten from this whole debacle is the about face that Leafs fans (not those on here) and the media (same thing in Canada) have done about Karlsson's abilities. For nearly a decade he's been TERRIBLE defensively and "not the kind of guy you win with". For 3 weeks leading up to the deadline all I heard was that he was now a generational player and how could they ever trade him.

And then since the deadline it's been pretty much:

giphy.gif

Man, I would love for the Flames to somehow acquire Erik Karlsson and the Flames have the defense prospects to make it happen if the Sens wanted Dougie Hamilton in a package. Hamilton + Kylington for Karlsson, come on Dorion pick up the phone.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I would love for the Flames to somehow acquire Erik Karlsson and the Flames have the defense prospects to make it happen if the Sens wanted Dougie Hamilton in a package. Hamilton + Kylington for Karlsson, come on Dorion pick up the phone.

I think Hamilton is too rich for Melnyk's blood. Not sure the Flames could do a Karlsson trade based purely on futures either.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be moot since the true reason McDavid will not win the Hart is because Freddie Anderson is the true MVP and will get all the votes. EDM lack of team success is irrelevant !

I prefer Neo between the pipes to Mr Andersen.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a way to blow a game to the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.