• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see tonight's game, but by all accounts, Mike Smith stole a point for the Flames tonight. Congrats on the win my friend and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

I didn't actually see a lot myself, the boy had practice and by the time we arrived back home the in laws were here, and I had to sit an listen to Pops lecture me about being nicer to his son. I wish I was joking.

Buddy of mine kept texting me though, and his texts were along the lines of "who in God's name is this Flames goalie?" So he must have been pretty good.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing up Gillies / Rittich or is something else cooking (aside from Thanksgiving turkey)?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What in the everloving hell?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has the Pacific Division lead, what a story that team has been thus far. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it up.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is there someone in the calgary organization that can help him figure it out lol

Woodley in the cesspool last week said he has had 2 nhl scouts tell him Carolinas goalie coach ruined him ... as TonyG would say, he's now a whimpering wreck

hopefully he can sort it out a la Dubnyk ... iirc eddie had a higher career save % than Dubnyk did in each of their respective first 50 nhl starts

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there someone in the calgary organization that can help him figure it out lol

Woodley in the cesspool last week said he has had 2 nhl scouts tell him Carolinas goalie coach ruined him ... as TonyG would say, he's now a whimpering wreck

hopefully he can sort it out a la Dubnyk ... iirc eddie had a higher career save % than Dubnyk did in each of their respective first 50 nhl starts

If memory serves, the Carolina goalie coach that ruined Eddie was former Flames goalie coach David Marcoux. I also hope Eddie can figure it out, as Don Cherry said about Hardy Astrom, he's a great guy, just had trouble stopping the puck.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabres uniform is as the kids say dope, Rangers not so much...

DPajRvqXkAAyUPQ.jpg:small

DPQI7giWsAAcozY.jpg:small

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like both jerseys and prefer the Rangers 1 there.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iirc eddie had a higher career save % than Dubnyk did in each of their respective first 50 nhl starts
Lack's team in his first 50 games missed the playoffs by 8 points. Dubnyk's missed the playoffs by 35 points.

There's also truth to the idea that Lack played his best hockey for that first team while Dubnyk's first team appeared to be actively trying to get him to develop a drinking problem. Lack actually tended the net well at one point whereas I can't remember a period between 2006 and 2016 where anybody tended the net well in Edmonton (unless they played for the away team).

The idea that he may be able to fix his problems is nice (and hey, I hope he does too, I don't want to see anybody fail unless they wear a Senators jersey on a regular basis) but his and Doob's were very, very different situations.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montreal also interested...

This would usually be where I chime in with "but neither of those team has any D to trade" but Edmonton traded one of the league's best scorers for a depth defenceman so fuck it - RNH for Nick Jenson.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would usually be where I chime in with "but neither of those team has any D to trade" but Edmonton traded one of the league's best scorers for a depth defenceman so fuck it - RNH for Nick Jenson.

Maybe the Oilers would be interested in Jeff Petry, aka rich man's Subban.

7NYPt.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think a change of scenery could help him. Probably something to the story of that coach sucking. They canned him late last year and hired Mike Bales. Probably too little too late for Eddie though.

Jackets have been rotating in every young D man they have to see what they have in the pipeline. Looking like Murray may be in the offer. The Oil can finally have the D man they should have drafted. They will ruin him for two years and then the Jackets can get him back.

Savard has found himself in Torts' doghouse (no comment other than "he plays with Johnson"), so he might be dangled too.

Status
Not open for further replies.