• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Dasnk a lot when he was down here for camp. So much potential, but seems to have a tendency to miss one bad one a game. It's about damage control for him.

Let's be fair, it was a "convict" third and Boro. Likely clearance. Probably 75.

You should be able to hire Mark Borowiecki for a day for $75. But he has pictures of the Sens front office it appears so he still has a NHL gig.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what that is supposed to mean but just to be clear I don't think those fights are caused solely by Leafs fans.
Seemed like it.

I’ve never been to a game in Ottawa but I’ve been to Leaf games in Montreal, Buffalo and Detroit. The Buffalo one was very tame considering that was probably the one with the most Leaf fans in attendance (and also both teams sucked at the time). At the Montreal ones I’ve been to I’ve seen a few ruckuses but nothing violent.

At the Detroit game I went to in 2008 (season opener) we left the Joe happy that the Leafs won and went to the pickup point for the bus to take us back to Windsor and some Detroit fans passed by and started shouting something about Canadian pussies and eventually a fight broke out a few feet from me. That was pretty scary. But otherwise I’ve never had anything other than pleasant experiences so long as I wasn’t paying any attention whatsoever to the Leafs’ actual game play.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like it.

I’ve never been to a game in Ottawa but I’ve been to Leaf games in Montreal, Buffalo and Detroit. The Buffalo one was very tame considering that was probably the one with the most Leaf fans in attendance (and also both teams sucked at the time). At the Montreal ones I’ve been to I’ve seen a few ruckuses but nothing violent.

At the Detroit game I went to in 2008 (season opener) we left the Joe happy that the Leafs won and went to the pickup point for the bus to take us back to Windsor and some Detroit fans passed by and started shouting something about Canadian pussies and eventually a fight broke out a few feet from me. That was pretty scary. But otherwise I’ve never had anything other than pleasant experiences so long as I wasn’t paying any attention whatsoever to the Leafs’ actual game play.

Yeah it basically just takes two shitheads to meet up to start something. Most of the time it's just pushing, shoving and bad grammar. I've been to a Montreal-Boston game in Montreal and a bunch (~25) of 18-20 year old Bostonians showed up. That got ugly. In fact the young Bostonians that come up to Montreal to party are always a train wreck.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the Canucks Sens game I went to recently, the row behind us had 6 Sens fans and they had their trash talk game going pretty good ... most of it was hardcore funny stuff ... but at times the language was a bit much ... especially for my 9 and 6 year old ... although they both looked at me when they heard the stuff and said as they were laughing "dad ... he said asswipe" (just one example)

I think, for the most part, alot more can be accomplished if you go at them with words than fists lol or maybe i just got lucky when i turned and asked them "how are you guys enjoying your first beers ever?" :noidea:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the Canucks Sens game I went to recently, the row behind us had 6 Sens fans and they had their trash talk game going pretty good ... most of it was hardcore funny stuff ... but at times the language was a bit much ... especially for my 9 and 6 year old ... although they both looked at me when they heard the stuff and said as they were laughing "dad ... he said asswipe" (just one example)

I think, for the most part, alot more can be accomplished if you go at them with words than fists lol or maybe i just got lucky when i turned and asked them "how are you guys enjoying your first beers ever?" :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why Antti Niemi was waived this morning - Oh maybe this is the reason:

nhp99bq.png

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Niemi was terrible thus far. Guess the Penguins will have Tristan Jarry as their new backup.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do the Habs cut their losses? Trade Galchenyuk for whatever you can. They desperately need a divorce, that situation will not improve. I think his only chance at success is a change of scenery.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do the Habs cut their losses? Trade Galchenyuk for whatever you can. They desperately need a divorce, that situation will not improve. I think his only chance at success is a change of scenery.

Some chatter regarding the Flames and Sam Bennett going to Montreal for Galchenyuk. Habs most likely looking for more offense than what Bennett is currently providing, but at the same time, it's difficult to produce offense when you look at some of his linemates this season.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe Derek Dorsett for Galchenyuk would work about now lol

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only remembered it now and had to look it up but Ryan Reaves has 1 pt in 9 games so far.

Yeah but he is a fan favorite to these dumb yinzers in Pittsburgh because he went after Scott Hartnell twice (who had no intention of fighting).

God Pittsburgh fans piss me off sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.